List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, just wondering if you can tell me a bit about Wade Derksen? Also, what do you think gets the trade done?
For starters he is a really good person.
He caught my eye at a trial game last year off the field, he made a very good impression. I've been impressed since.
He has been good in a number of roles in 2's.
I think he will be a handy addition, obviously not a game changer.
Probably a 3rd round pick I'm guessing.

Btw did Keefe get an extension? I thought his contract expired at the end of this season, and although our club was going to offer him an extension, didn’t know it had happened though?

In our GWS forum? I assume captainmycaptain updated it based on the news report.
Yes - no issues but I was a bit surprised as normally our club is good at announcing signings. Will probably be confirmed in due course by the club. Good decision to have a ruck backup in case something goes catastrophically wrong with Briggs or the draft doesn’t happen the way we expected.

That’s my understanding too. It’s just that that the big footy forum contract status thread has Keefe with us till 2025

In our GWS forum? I assume captainmycaptain updated it based on the news report.
Yep updated based on this report and it's not uncommon for us not to do a press release for depth player

GIANT TO GO ON​

GREATER Western Sydney veteran Lachie Keeffe has secured another contract for 2025.

While our best 18-20 players are still very strong our depth is looking like it will be the worst it's ever been. So while I'm all about hitting the draft hard we definitely need to also bring in a couple of ready made players.

GREATER Western Sydney is still waiting for an answer on utility Conor Stone's future, as the club battles to retain a host of players amid rival interest. Stone has had a two-year deal on the table to stay at the Giants for a number of weeks now, but is yet to commit to the club for next season and beyond. Stone's situation adds to the uncertainty around a number of key Giants, with free agent Isaac Cumming having already told the club he will leave and with uncontracted duo Harry Perryman and James Peatling still to decide their future.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back