List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowbottom is a workmanlike midfielder, but the kind of "blue collar" player that complements the stars. He'd be a great foil to Tom Green and Finn Callaghan in midfield.
Definitely, especially if Peatling leaves. Defensively oriented midfielders might not make the highlights reel but are every bit as important to the team structure.

I really like Devon Robinson and if we were to lose Peatling and XOH, I'd advocate for that.
I'd be sniffing around Melbourne. Lots of dissatisfied players there I'd reckon. Although I'd love Petracca (who wouldn't) I'm looking a bit more at the middle of the list.

I think growth from within will be the clubs focus
Angus Sheldrick worth a look as an inside mid. Way down the pecking order at the Swans.

As a pure goal kicking forward, probably. Although McLean is probably a better all round forward/ruck option in the Keeffe mould. McDonald and Armartey are both young and could become good, but right now they're a big reason why the Swans can't score if their midfield is contained.
Amartey's 25, don't think he gets the benefit of the 'young' tag anymore

The Giants should be really looking to lure out Petracca.
We would have the picks (after trading up and using future pick).
it would be huge for the publicity of footy in nsw, and the Giants.
We might have the cap if we end up losing most of these players.
We play a brand he would thrive in.
He could live in Bondi/coogee… or wherever the hell he likes!
Imagine the confidence boost that would give our midfield and whole side.
He really wants out of that side. I know he’s a very strong family guy, but I think we are one of the few sides that can satisfy a number of the elements required to make the trade happen.
Green, Petracca, Callaghan.
Go.

Rowston or Thomas, even McMullin could become next year's Peatling. There wouldnt be many mentions of Peatling in the best 22 thread at the start of this year. We can develop players, the next one might be even better.
All 3 of those probably have more potential. Whether they have Peatlings work ethic and effort is yet to be seen.

He really wants out of that side. I know he’s a very strong family guy, but I think we are one of the few sides that can satisfy a number of the elements required to make the trade happen.
Go.
His family are really unhappy with the Dees. If we could get them up for a tour to show how good our culture is… they might just endorse it just to get him out of there.

Go.
if we could get him here, amazing.
So much would have to happen, would be the biggest thing to happen to our club ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca is entrenched in Melbourne, just can’t see him leaving and we wouldn’t be able to fit him in. We haven’t been seen to be chasing anyone despite having some holes in the list. Perhaps the massive tenure deals being constantly back-ended plus upgrades coming to roost.

Why we don’t just go hard for Caleb Daniel and Dev Robertson is beyond me especially with the potential exodus of players. Just get Kingers in there to explain a defined role and give them some love!

Last edited:
Go.
29 at the start of next year. Coming back from an horrific injury. Would be a huge risk to take on his contract.
With the depth of small forwards on our list I’d prefer to see Toby going through the midfield 40% of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back