List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer is a Geelong type move. Damaged talented player on the cheap.
You back in your strong culture not to be negatively impacted by a potential bad egg. If their clear potential comes through, awesome. If not, nothing of note lost.

Seems like every club in the country is linked to Peatling this trade period. Hopefully it ends up in a bidding war and we get something good out of it (or even keep him!)
If peatling goes to west coast, I think we ask for Hawthorn's pick 13 they will give eagles for Barass.
Maybe Peatling, 2025r2 for 13,2025r3 at worst for us.

Would the playing group be done with JP after this? To shop yourself around to this extent kinda closes the door on your current teammates a bit. It's hard to say it's for better opportunity it's now just a cash grab.
I wouldn’t begrudge colleagues looking if other companies were offering more money

That’s life

Nothing wrong with the club doing their due diligence... if he wants two years it will be guaranteed cash for year 1 and another contract if he hits contract markers (ie 15+ games played). Given the supply/demand dynamics the Giants are faced with annually, these are the kinds of gambles they need to take.

He would win the giants 1-2 games in 2025 just from his conversion and provides flexibility up forward (ie Toby can play more mids if required).

Fox is also saying that Adelaide will be offering Peatling a 5 year contract, and with his mate Cumming reportedly joining Adelaide, he may end up there. Also further reporting that we are interested in Stringer, and that Perryman will join Collingwood.

The Giants currently have a three-year deal on the table for the Academy product, but speculation has come about that the Crows be offering for - or even five - years for Peatling.

“He’s more popular than Pesto the penguin is James Peatling,” Riley Beveridge jokingly added in reference to the Melbourne Zoo phenomenon.

“I like the fit… I see why the appeal is strong,” Twomey finished by noting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with the club doing their due diligence... if he wants two years it will be guaranteed cash for year 1 and another contract if he hits contract markers (ie 15+ games played). Given the supply/demand dynamics the Giants are faced with annually, these are the kinds of gambles they need to take.

He would win the giants 1-2 games in 2025 just from his conversion and provides flexibility up forward (ie Toby can play more mids if required).
I do agree with the club doing due diligence - absolutely we should examine the shit out of what it would look like and how it would benefit us.

The question is whether he can achieve the second paragraph outcomes. That's a judgement call.

Would the playing group be done with JP after this? To shop yourself around to this extent kinda closes the door on your current teammates a bit. It's hard to say it's for better opportunity it's now just a cash grab.
not at all.
He is a guy who has fought for a spot on a list and is having the opportunity to secure his future.
going into the season he was probably 50/50 to get a contract next year. Now he can lock in a decent contract for 4 or 5 years. The team will not hold that against him.

One wonders if Cal Ward’s decision to go around again has had an influence on XO’s decision to explore options. Cal retires & XO is first in line to solidify his spot rather than being on the fringe he is now. Ditto Peatling. In and out, sub & not a lot of game time. No Ward & that spot leans toward those two.

We'd have to win over his missus/partner who is big on promoting "brand Petracca".
I think we are zero chance at getting g Petracca. Rumours are he is only interested in the biggest clubs, for his Petracca brand. We are far too off Broadway. But it would be remarkable to get him.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back