List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Been thinking about the Peatling situation and thinking could get ugly.

They have 4 which is a premium pick even in an even draft so doubtful it moves. They have 28 which has long been slated for Alex Neal-Bullen, a player they have worked on for more than a year. Their next pick this year is 45 which is not good enough.

Yesterday talk was they would offer a Future 2nd for Peatling but frankly that is not good enough as Adelaide whilst dreadful this year have recruited well and have the basis of a good side, they are a dangerous side to trade future picks with.

I think this one is going to require a multiple club deal for a satisfactory outcome.

Been thinking about the Peatling situation and thinking could get ugly.

They have 4 which is a premium pick even in an even draft so doubtful it moves. They have 28 which has long been slated for Alex Neal-Bullen, a player they have worked on for more than a year. Their next pick this year is 45 which is not good enough.

Yesterday talk was they would offer a Future 2nd for Peatling but frankly that is not good enough as Adelaide whilst dreadful this year have recruited well and have the basis of a good side, they are a dangerous side to trade future picks with.

I think this one is going to require a multiple club deal for a satisfactory outcome.

Which is why I don't like dealing with the Crows. I think they absolutely fleece us again and we end up with either a 3rd round pick, a future 2nd round pick or they take him to the draft

Which is why I don't like dealing with the Crows. I think they absolutely fleece us again and we end up with either a 3rd round pick, a future 2nd round pick or they take him to the draft
Problem is he won't make it through....he'll get picked ahead of Adelaide.

I don't think they currently have a pick to satisfy the trade. Future 2nd ain't cutting the mustard.

Someone floated sending them a pick(21) and Peatling for their F1.

Otherwise I'm not sure how it gets done

Someone floated sending them a pick(21) and Peatling for their F1.
Should be (37) and Peatling for their F1

Would be crazy to give them the pick we get for Cumming and Cumming/Peatling for F1

Start it at 52/Peatling for F1 then end up at 37/Peatling

NORTH Melbourne's No.2 pick and West Coast's No.3 selection are on the table as trade chips as clubs contemplate moves up the draft board.
The Giants will also consider shifting up the order given their hand now – picks 15, 16 and 21
Crows expected to use a future second-round pick to attain Peatling
Top picks on table, Crows moves keep coming, Combine watch - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1238227

GWS doing GWS things…..

Flagging we will combine picks to move up the draft order
Is thst good or bad? I think our best work is in accepting future 1sts.
I generally don't like the cost of trading up , however a higher pick is more likely to play and stay than picks 11 to 18 which have been problematic in the past, namely Hately and Bruhn.
Hopefully if we trade up it is as part of a 3 way trade where we don't lose too much value.

What do people think about 15,16 for pick 8 with St kilda?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think any draftee is gonna help us next year.
Leake, Gothard and Rowston might though.
I'd probably keep our picks and just take best available unless Caruso is obsessed with someone again....like Gothard 😅

Is thst good or bad? I think our best work is in accepting future 1sts.
I generally don't like the cost of trading up , however a higher pick is more likely to play and stay than picks 11 to 18 which have been problematic in the past, namely Hately and Bruhn.
Hopefully if we trade up it is as part of a 3 way trade where we don't lose too much value.

What do people think about 15,16 for pick 8 with St kilda?
What part do you disagree with?
Do you think 15,16 is too much for 8. I am not advocating it, just guessing what we might do.

Kennedy

So 7
And we are still waiting on Stone’s decision on our contract offer. Also Wade and XO have expressed interest in leaving, but their contracts only expire next year- unlike Stone’s contract which ended in 2024. However, our list manager in a radio interview stated that Wade and XO would not be going and was confident of Stone re-signing with us.

So best case the list vacancies are the 7 who have left us so far, and worst case 10 (assuming that we change our minds due to enticing trades offered for Wade and XO). Also supposedly Aleer whose contract expires next year was made an offer by St Kilda and turned it down.

And we are still waiting on Stone’s decision on our contract offer. Also Wade and XO have expressed interest in leaving, but their contracts only expire next year- unlike Stone’s contract which ended in 2024. However, our list manager in a radio interview stated that Wade and XO would not be going and was confident of Stone re-signing with us.

So best case the list vacancies are the 7 who have left us so far, and worst case 10 (assuming that we change our minds due to enticing trades offered for Wade and XO). Also supposedly Aleer whose contract expires next year was made an offer by St Kilda and turned it down.
Yeah I think we hold XO and Derk to their contracts and I'm praying Stone doesn't request a trade. He's the perfect replacement for Perryman in the back line in my opinion.
Fast and desperate in defence.
Finally a spot has opened up for him.

Yeah I think we hold XO and Derk to their contracts and I'm praying Stone doesn't request a trade. He's the perfect replacement for Perryman in the back line in my opinion.
You’d think Stone will see that spot open for him and stay

If he stays the same could be said for Aleer who is also waiting for a spot and I think Aleer adds more (has hops aswell so could be used both forward or pinch hit in ruck)

Aleer might see an opportunity for that third tall defender role after watching himmelberg's finals series, the issue is, Harry is on massive money, so clubs are reluctant to have that value sitting in the two's.

I've always wondered if they could try him as a back up ruck, he did win the vertical leap award and the draft combine and has had a few years in the gym now. He could be a Keefe replacement.

I don't think any draftee is gonna help us next year.
Most of this years cohort is closer to 'ready to go' than last years, unless we're picking 100% talls or Tauru I'd say we'll see quite a few come in and have a decent level of impact

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back