List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions said this morning that Dev had said he wants to explore his options. Mentioned there was some interest in WA but they were waiting for other deals

Seems he is gettable if we want him. Maybe we see him as too much like rowston at this stage of his career?
Yes, possibly. I'd still opine that Dylan Shiel would be a good option for us. He still has some explosive burst away from stoppages, and has decent clearance stats. Yes, he's older, but that's fine as there's a pathway for younger kids to see that they have a spot in future. Effectively, we'd be buying two years to get someone else to the level that Peatling would have been at next year. Rowston, Leake, McMullin, 2024 draftees - nothing against them but they'll take time to get up to a decent level. If we want to win a flag next year, we cannot rely on them. Nice if they explode into being capable first graders ... but unlikely.

I think Dev is a decent option ... even if he gets pushed out by Rowston and Leake in the next 2 to 3 years ... he will have done a job for us in the interim.

Yes, possibly. I'd still opine that Dylan Shiel would be a good option for us. He still has some explosive burst away from stoppages, and has decent clearance stats. Yes, he's older, but that's fine as there's a pathway for younger kids to see that they have a spot in future. Effectively, we'd be buying two years to get someone else to the level that Peatling would have been at next year. Rowston, Leake, McMullin, 2024 draftees - nothing against them but they'll take time to get up to a decent level. If we want to win a flag next year, we cannot rely on them. Nice if they explode into being capable first graders ... but unlikely.

I think Dev is a decent option ... even if he gets pushed out by Rowston and Leake in the next 2 to 3 years ... he will have done a job for us in the interim.
Sheil's professionalism and preparation would be great for the young guys to emulate off-field.

I like Shiel for this reason …. He’s an obvious stop gap and can be rested on occasion to give the younger guys a taste when they earn it

I like Shiel for this reason …. He’s an obvious stop gap and can be rested on occasion to give the younger guys a taste when they earn it
Doesn't sound like the Shiel thing is happening sadly. I think he'd be a perfect stop gap and standard setter for the young mids.
I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the meeting between Stringer and Kingsley. Kingsley is exactly the coach to get the best out of him

It's interesting, I heard through the Essendon pipeline that both stringer and sheil were keen to get to the giants only 2 days ago. The stringer one seems to have that media to it, the sheil one doesn't for some reason (at the moment).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back