List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions said this morning that Dev had said he wants to explore his options. Mentioned there was some interest in WA but they were waiting for other deals

Seems he is gettable if we want him. Maybe we see him as too much like rowston at this stage of his career?
Yes, possibly. I'd still opine that Dylan Shiel would be a good option for us. He still has some explosive burst away from stoppages, and has decent clearance stats. Yes, he's older, but that's fine as there's a pathway for younger kids to see that they have a spot in future. Effectively, we'd be buying two years to get someone else to the level that Peatling would have been at next year. Rowston, Leake, McMullin, 2024 draftees - nothing against them but they'll take time to get up to a decent level. If we want to win a flag next year, we cannot rely on them. Nice if they explode into being capable first graders ... but unlikely.

I think Dev is a decent option ... even if he gets pushed out by Rowston and Leake in the next 2 to 3 years ... he will have done a job for us in the interim.

Yes, possibly. I'd still opine that Dylan Shiel would be a good option for us. He still has some explosive burst away from stoppages, and has decent clearance stats. Yes, he's older, but that's fine as there's a pathway for younger kids to see that they have a spot in future. Effectively, we'd be buying two years to get someone else to the level that Peatling would have been at next year. Rowston, Leake, McMullin, 2024 draftees - nothing against them but they'll take time to get up to a decent level. If we want to win a flag next year, we cannot rely on them. Nice if they explode into being capable first graders ... but unlikely.

I think Dev is a decent option ... even if he gets pushed out by Rowston and Leake in the next 2 to 3 years ... he will have done a job for us in the interim.
Sheil's professionalism and preparation would be great for the young guys to emulate off-field.

I like Shiel for this reason …. He’s an obvious stop gap and can be rested on occasion to give the younger guys a taste when they earn it

I like Shiel for this reason …. He’s an obvious stop gap and can be rested on occasion to give the younger guys a taste when they earn it
Doesn't sound like the Shiel thing is happening sadly. I think he'd be a perfect stop gap and standard setter for the young mids.
I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the meeting between Stringer and Kingsley. Kingsley is exactly the coach to get the best out of him

It's interesting, I heard through the Essendon pipeline that both stringer and sheil were keen to get to the giants only 2 days ago. The stringer one seems to have that media to it, the sheil one doesn't for some reason (at the moment).

Hmm, some interesting comments regarding Dylan Shiel. Maybe it's still bubbling along in the background.

Interesting comments about Shiel from Dermott Brereton on SEN this morning along the lines of 'Dylan's heart was always at the Giants'.
Sad Doctor Who GIF

Just looking at our best and fairest results.So apart from Tom Green who had a great year Kelly was 10th..Calaghan 13, Cogs was 18th,Briggs 19th and Peatling who is now gone 20th i think.Ohalloran way down the list.All these mids need to improve if we are to win a premiership.Compare this to Brisbane who had 4 mids in there top 7.

While Rowston hopefully plays some good games and,Leake shows something we cant rely on them In 2025.Bit like with Ward because of his age.To me Shiel is the one even if it means giving up pick 37 which is probably overs for him at an overs contract am.Thenhopefully get a couple of pure mids in the draft somehow.Maybe a mature ager as well in the draft if any in the know would recommend we draft?..A Mannagh type would be handly with a late pick.

This may be unpopular, I think that all 3 will be better than Peatling was this year. All 3 are far more skilled.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back