List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2 fml GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead
Send that back to the kitchen!

They really are such w***ers, I hope one day we can actually get some karma on these bandits.

They have spent 6 months working on this player, beaten 5 other teams and using one of our other players as collateral to get it done, offered him 4 years at 650k and then offer us a Round 3 selection and lottery ticket futures exchange?

Their team is the most likely to improve next year thanks primarily by the fact they are gutting our talent and then they put that up?

If they hold to that I seriously would prefer for us to send him to the PSD. F*** him, he was disloyal and took games away from others that have stayed loyal and I wouldn’t wipe my arse with these return selections if we have to give anything back.

Let them look him in the eye and tell him his value to them is a 3rd rounder.

Send him to the draft and hopefully West Coast take him.

Last edited:

This is my take as well. If they're gonna offer trades like this then we should just let him go to the draft and hope he gets picked up by someone else.
It’s Crows responsibility to offer a fair trade, they have secured the player, he wants to get there so need to be reasonable. If they aren’t then let him put a price on his head to scare off the other teams. Will still need to beat West Coast, Nth and Richmond who all have plenty of cap space. Will certainly be more than what they have offered him so far.

It’s Crows responsibility to offer a fair trade, they have secured the player, he wants to get there so need to be reasonable. If they aren’t then let him put a price on his head to scare off the other teams. Will still need to beat West Coast, Nth and Richmond who all have plenty of cap space. Will certainly be more than what they have offered him so far.

what do you guys consider as fair because if you remove the swap of future picks.

the best we can offer is Pick 46/Future 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

terffic we will keep our future 2nd and get Peatling for nothing in the PSD.
Awesome, that time of year again - hope springs anew and new numpties emerge from their club boards to explore Bigfooty.

Even though he hasn't debuted since being recruited in the 2022 MSD. A bit unusual, no?
In fairness that one is a bit unusual particularly as he has quite a few in front of him in both defence and in the forwards. I suppose if Jessie got injured he would be one of the guys in the mix.

At the end of the day he’s contracted and perhaps what you have offered isn’t collateral we can use?

Perhaps it could be part of another pick swap where we can get higher up in the draft. We have some picks to play with.

I can see Daniels playing lots more midfield time in 2025. Plus think of Stringer pinch hitting in there as well. This would give us an on ball brigade of Tom Green, Callaghan, Kelly, Conigilio, Bedford, Daniels, Stringer, Ward. Look me in the eye and tell me that isn't competitive with the best teams in the league
Plus the kids Rpwsten, Leake and my fave McMullen

It does kinda feel like everyone just wants out fringe players for free.

Develop your own talent. Guys like Derksen and Peatling take time to develop into AFL ready players.
All of a sudden Peatling is that and Adelaide want to trade for the player he 'was' and not 'is'. Silly.
Same with Derksen. He's a utility tall. They take time to develop. 2022 mid season draft....2.5 years is nothing. He'll come good and play when he's ready...why give him up for free?

It might depend on where we have other strengths. For example, there might not be a forward line spot for both of Thomas and McMullin, yet they both could be best 23 players and able play to do a job on the wing.

Looking at our squad, I don’t see any natural replacements for someone like Cumming (good overhead mark, penetrating kick) other than Himmelberg. I did float the idea of him being tried on a wing if they were keen to bring Aleer in as an intercept defender.
Fonti on a wing will be considered.
Wouldn't surprise me if went Jones on a wing with Phoenix going into the forward line.
Leake another option

Fonti on a wing will be considered.
Wouldn't surprise me if went Jones on a wing with Phoenix going into the forward line.
Leake another option
Oddly enough I think Jones has the ability to play mid minutes.
Fonti on a wing I can see.
Can't wait to see what Phoenix shows in preseason. Caruso must have seen something special to take him where he did.

I'm not that fussed over that proposed trade by Tom Morris. Depends if we can still get Shiel and Stringer in with 2 of our picks from 37-56 .We already have a great draft hand with 15 ,16 and 21 .We need another quality big bodied clearance player who can dance if we want to topple Brisbanes midfield..Thats why we need Shiel.We are already young enough. We need another experienced player.Whether we have ours or Adelaide's f2 doesn't really matter in what's being said is a crap draft ...

Adelaide have been talked about as being the big risers for years anyway.Who do they leapfrog on the ladder?

I'm not that fussed over that proposed trade by Tom Morris. Depends if we can still get Shiel and Stringer in with 2 of our picks from 37-56 .We already have a great draft hand with 15 ,16 and 21 .We need another quality big bodied clearance player who can dance if we want to topple Brisbanes midfield..Thats why we need Shiel.We are already young enough. We need another experienced player.Whether we have ours or Adelaide's f2 doesn't really matter in what's being said is a crap draft ...

Adelaide have been talked about as being the big risers for years anyway.Who do they leapfrog on the ladder?
I think the deal is so bad we may as well not do it. Once again let Adelaide do their thing and risk a player after promising to trade for him.

Pick 46 means very little to us. The pick swap is speculative.

Oddly enough I think Jones has the ability to play mid minutes.
Fonti on a wing I can see.
Can't wait to see what Phoenix shows in preseason. Caruso must have seen something special to take him where he did.
Wasn't he drafted as a mid? Wouldn't be surprised if we trial him in there in the next year or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back