List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Oddly enough I think Jones has the ability to play mid minutes.
Fonti on a wing I can see.
Can't wait to see what Phoenix shows in preseason. Caruso must have seen something special to take him where he did.

I think he has a lot of Brent Daniel’s about him with the quick feet through traffic and evasiveness. Reckon he and Leake will be pushing hard for round 1 25 on the back of big pre seasons.

Or why you are holding on to Derksen despite him wanting to go to Melbourne.

Thing is, he chose us. Not the other way.
Clubs pick players, sell them a dream and then players pick teams.

If you think Melbourne haven’t been into this guy for months, meeting with his manager, their coaches in his ear, recruiters telling him he needs to go then you don’t understand the process.

Derksen didn’t wake up one day and rang Melbourne to say he wants to go there. Managers are always agitating for change and always want their players playing 1sts as that keeps them in lists and gets them bigger deals.

Tom Boyd admitted in an interview last week the Western Bulldogs contacted him halfway through his first year and offered him the 7 million dollar deal. Once he received it he instantly wanted out and agitated for it until he got his way. Then the media and Dogs tried to make it look as a response to Griffen walking out.

These c***s wanted the player and were happy to induce him to break a contract. The AFL should have banned them for years or hurt them like they did the Swans but they did NOTHING. That’s the beauty of being a VFL favourite.

Wasn't he drafted as a mid? Wouldn't be surprised if we trial him in there in the next year or two.
The only games I saw Jones play as a junior were as a mid

Big 3 days and draft for Caruso and those involved in lst management team.Overall I think he has been really good..Interesting though with all the discussion with one wing position not being really been nailed down .I'm still not convinced on why we went for another small forward last year given what we had already on our list.I reckon he must have seen Darcy Wilson as a flight risk as he was and has proved to be the exact hard running endurance beast we need on the other wing to Kelly..I still have high hopes for Gothard it's just we are pretty stacked in that position..

If we nail this draft with our high picks it puts us in a great position especially when u look at how many picks we have before many contending teams have a pick.For instance we have 3 picks before Pies first,2 before Cats first,3 before Hawks,3 before Port,2 before swans and 3 before Dogs.Just need to nail the draft..That's my positive spin on things anyway haha.

Big 3 days and draft for Caruso and those involved in lst management team.Overall I think he has been really good..Interesting though with all the discussion with one wing position not being really been nailed down .I'm still not convinced on why we went for another small forward last year given what we had already on our list.I reckon he must have seen Darcy Wilson as a flight risk as he was and has proved to be the exact hard running endurance beast we need on the other wing to Kelly..I still have high hopes for Gothard it's just we are pretty stacked in that position..

If we nail this draft with our high picks it puts us in a great position especially when u look at how many picks we have before many contending teams have a pick.For instance we have 3 picks before Pies first,2 before Cats first,3 before Hawks,3 before Port,2 before swans and 3 before Dogs.Just need to nail the draft..That's my positive spin on things anyway haha.
Funny given we have up a pick to get Leake instead of Wilson right?

Clubs pick players, sell them a dream and then players pick teams.

If you think Melbourne haven’t been into this guy for months, meeting with his manager, their coaches in his ear, recruiters telling him he needs to go then you don’t understand the process.

Derksen didn’t wake up one day and rang Melbourne to say he wants to go there. Managers are always agitating for change and always want their players playing 1sts as that keeps them in lists and gets them bigger deals.
Was going to post the same but you summed it up better than I was going to.

Derksen isn't nominating Melbourne without plenty of communication with Melbourne. That's happened maybe twice in the two decades I've followed the AFL and both times it fell through (hilariously, as an independent observer). Every time it's because the recruiting club has indicated to the player the contract they can offer or the role they can play or the lifestyle and how that will affect the player.

In fairness that one is a bit unusual particularly as he has quite a few in front of him in both defence and in the forwards. I suppose if Jessie got injured he would be one of the guys in the mix.

At the end of the day he’s contracted and perhaps what you have offered isn’t collateral we can use?

Perhaps it could be part of another pick swap where we can get higher up in the draft. We have some picks to play with.
Perhaps if we sign Stringer we let Derksen go to Melbourne. Or as he hasn't played, we get stuff all for him. After playing say 6 games next year, his trade value night be much more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back