List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever a guy is delisted and still has a contract he is always worth a look as another club will be covering his wage.

Forgotten Port Adelaide defender Tom Clurey delisted despite having a contract

Yeah I'd agree with that. If we can push stringer up the ground like a Daniels role and put pressure on he will be dangerous on the way back.
I think we have the most dangerous forward line in the comp.
If our mids can win a bit more contested ball next year I think we are a big chance.
I really agree with that last point.

We played best this year when we halved or won contested stats. Tom G has a lot of heavy lifting in there and we missed cogs at his best for most of the year

I can really only see the improvement coming from youth (rowston and leake) rather than any realistic DFA prospect

A poster on Richmond board wants to trade 11,20 for 15,16?
Would we do that?,
I think so, Richmond the club probably wants more from us.
The poster thought 10,15 gets them pick 2 from North.
Hell yes, I would.

No way Richmond the club does that though.

No way 10 & 15 gets 2, either.

Looking at the west coast fan reaction to the baker deal I imagine a lot of fan bases would be reluctant to trade picks out of or even down in this draft as the media hype about how good it is has been significant.

I’m prepping myself for an uneventful lead up to draft night
For once I'm not bothered by that. I think we get a lot of shots at bringing in a good players this year.
Like last year, any year you bring in a multiple top 20 picks I think you are restocking talent really well.

Yeah...I'd rather just deal with North if 15/16 could get 2. It can't.
I think we could be part of a pick swap, but only on the condition it is for the mutual benefit of all clubs involved, hence we won't be paying the usual 30% loading points wise to do so. We agree on a swap, but only a 10-15% loading at most. 15,16 is points wise worth the same as pick 4.
I don't know how we get involved if at all, but maybe the best option is to not ask for a trade up, but listen to offers from anybody trading down.
If not, take the picks.( and consider flicking 1 into the future), perhaps 16 for Geelongs F1 could be an option.

If not, take the picks.( and consider flicking 1 into the future), perhaps 16 for Geelongs F1 could be an option.

We won't be trading Future 1st to get back into this year as we said the same thing to Bulldogs when they asked for it for Bailey Smith. Smith at 23 is basically our first round draft pick. We don't need to make other moves.

That 2025 First will be kept open for Clarry, Butters, Brayshaw etc if they request a trade to Cats

I'm sure others around us may be more open to it though?

We won't be trading Future 1st to get back into this year as we said the same thing to Bulldogs when they asked for it for Bailey Smith. Smith at 23 is basically our first round draft pick. We don't need to make other moves.

That 2025 First will be kept open for Clarry, Butters, Brayshaw etc if they request a trade to Cats

I'm sure others around us may be more open to it though?
View attachment VID-20240713-WA0001.mp4
From behalf of the whole competition let's hope that doesn't eventuate though.Enough of Geelong ..Brayshaw staying put and helping Freo win there first premiership or Butters helping Kenny win one or Clarry overcoming his demons at the Demons These would be better received.. That's if Giants dont win the premiership next year😀

View attachment 2149476
From behalf of the whole competition let's hope that doesn't eventuate though.Enough of Geelong ..Brayshaw staying put and helping Freo win there first premiership or Butters helping Kenny win one or Clarry overcoming his demons at the Demons These would be better received.. That's if Giants dont win the premiership next year😀

And in response fellow Big Big Sound follower, i submit this personal favourite

patrick dangerfield tea GIF by geelongcats

Good luck in 2025 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jack Carroll has been delisted from Carlton.Apparently he was on our radar.To be honest I only vaguely knew who he was before i watched his YouTube highlights but I dont mind him after viewing his highlights. .Possible mature age Peatling replacement type makes sense while we still getting a potential A grade type like Xavier Lindsay etc in the draft?

How many list spots do we need to fill?

Between 2- 4 on the primary list.
Plus 2 on the rookie A list.

On one hand, you'd think he might head to WCE. But conversely, why wasn't he included in the pick #3 trade ... maybe he's not as keen to get back to WA as Eagles fans might have thought?

I thought he had qualities back in his draft year, so happy if we're interested enough to check him out.

So Jack Carroll has been delisted from Carlton.Apparently he was on our radar.To be honest I only vaguely knew who he was before i watched his YouTube highlights but I dont mind him after viewing his highlights. .Possible mature age Peatling replacement type makes sense while we still getting a potential A grade type like Xavier Lindsay etc in the draft?
I wouldn't be adverse to rookie listing him or Patton (or both)

Aren't we down a back-up ruckman? Pruess and Flynn out last 2 years, with only an apprentice Madden in line. And I don't consider Keefe a ruckman, let alone Riccardi/ Himmelberg etc.
Smith is a likely in in the draft

A summary of uncontracted players and some that have been delisted. As Joshawk23 has stated Fahey is actually contracted (shown here as uncontracted) there maybe other errors:

AFL: Clubs cutting lists hard ahead of ‘Super Draft’ as 30 players remain in contract limbo

Matthew Forrest

23 October 2024

News Sport Network

It has been labelled a ‘Super Draft’, and list managers are cutting harder and younger than they have in years in an effort to maximise their November hauls.

In an effort to create more list space and flexibility entering this year’s draft, which has been touted as the deepest in years, clubs are culling former top picks that were once the future of these teams.

There have already been 84 delistings across the competition, while there are still 30 players that remain in contract limbo.

Players still out of contract

PlayerTeam
Darcy CravenBrisbane
Luke BeeckenBrisbane
Charlie DeanCollingwood
Ned LongCollingwood
Reef McInnesCollingwood
Jayden DaveyEssendon
Max KnobelFremantle
Odin JonesFremantle
Tom EmmettFremantle
Pat DangerfieldGeelong
Mitch DuncanGeelong
Rhys StanleyGeelong
Josh FaheyGWS Giants
Joshua BennettsHawthorn
Marty HoreMelbourne
Blake DruryNorth Melbourne
Charlie LazzaroNorth Melbourne
Cooper HarveyNorth Melbourne
Hugh JacksonPort Adelaide
Kamdyn McIntoshRichmond
Mate ColinaRichmond
Thomson DowRichmond
Matt CoulthardRichmond
Noah CumberlandRichmond
Ben PatonSt Kilda
Jack HayesSt Kilda
Olli HottonSt Kilda
Tim MembreySt Kilda
Aaron FrancisSydney
Luke EdwardsWest Coast
The total number of delisted players is destined to eclipse 100 for the first time since the Covid-impacted 2020 season, which had 121.

Seven former first-round selections have already been cut, which includes Denver Grainger-Barras (2020 No.6), Cooper Stephens (2019 No.16) and Ned McHenry (2018 No.16).

100+ game delistings

PlayerGames
Seb Ross211
Gary Rohan204
Adam Tomlinson185
Sam Day155
Jack Martin151
Brandan Parfitt130
Matt Taberner125
Tom Clurey124
Alex Witherden121
Riley Bonner112
Ethan Hughes107
Charlie Clarke (No.24), Cooper Vickery (No.27), Coby Burgiel (No.29), James van Es (No.31) and Tom McCallum (No.36) were all second-round picks in 2022 and have all been delisted, while Jacob Konstanty (No.20) was set to be cut before being involved in the trade to North Melbourne.

Mid-season draftee in 2022 Jai Culley was also cut on Monday.

The average age of delisted players, currently 23.6, is the youngest it has been since the 2020 off-season (23.3), while it is the least experience class of delisted players (34.9 average games) since 2014 (34.4).

That includes 11 of the 2024 class having eclipsed 100 games, with former Saint Seb Ross (211) and premiership Cat Gary Rohan (204) both reaching the 200-game milestone.

While the list of uncontracted players includes players like Pat Dangerfield, who will sign a two-year extension to play on, and Tim Membrey, who will likely sign at Collingwood, there are still plenty of names without clarity about their future.

The list also doesn’t include Melbourne’s Joel Smith, who is set to be delisted following allegations of cocaine trafficking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back