List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

At October’s national combine, several senior coaches — including Richmond’s Adem Yze, Melbourne’s Simon Goodwin and Giants’ Adam Kingsley — sat in on chats. “They seemed pretty switched on and pretty serious!” top-five prospect Jagga Smith said of meeting Goodwin and Kingsley.

I like what this kid has done. A mid-forward who is creative with the ball and kicks goals. Compared to - and models his game on - Toby Greene.

I just can't see that he fits into our squad with the totality of his game, unfortunately.

I'd be really happy if Lindsay slides to us.
Not quite sure who I want with the other picks just yet.
It will be a real "maybe he will, maybe he won't". He's below that main tier of midfielders (whom I have as Jagga Smith, Sid Draper, Finn O'Sullivan, Sam Lalor, Harvey Langford, Josh Smillie & Murphy Reid - excluding the F/A and academy kids), but looks likely to be a reliable player, so could easily go anywhere in that 10 to 14 range just ahead of us. It will depend on which (and how many) clubs go for talls or small forwards rather than mids. We need a few of them to reach and not dilute the midfielder pool.

If Norths could do a deal with either Richmond or Melbourne, that would probably help, as I can see Norths taking a tall forward and a tall defender if they can. The picks for Eagles, Port and Freo are really hard to pick.

There's a lot of mock drafts having us take tall forwards (such as Jobe Shanahan, or Jack Whitlock), but I don't see that as a significant need.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back