News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

With all these injury news - I’m gun shy, and have to keep Rowell now :mad:

He’s a spud, but he’s my un-injured spud!

Even if half of these injuries were true, there will be a few teams with donuts this week

Homer Simpson Eating GIF

Haven't even reached the early season-ending surgeries for teams out of contention phase yet. Definitely hold fire where you can

Even if half of these injuries were true, there will be a few teams with donuts this week

Homer Simpson Eating GIF

Wish I had of kept Oliver over Rowell now :(

Caldwell is doing his best impersonation of Izak Rankine lasting one ****ing week in my team before getting injured.

**** sake campaigner.

XXIxjXQU.gif

I dodged a bullet not trading in Phillipou last week and trading in Mannagh instead, I traded in Caldwell the week before though.

Dodge one bullet then cop another.

How dare he use both his arms to tackle.

The AFL may as well just ban tackling the way things are going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Toby Bedford one is still 3 weeks, that's ****ed

Last edited:
Well the boffins at SC HQ should stop giving points for tackling now as that has been outlawed from the game after last night's tribunal results.

It is getting more and more closer to becoming touch football as each week passes.

Well the boffins at SC HQ should stop giving points for tackling now as that has been outlawed from the game after last night's tribunal results.

It is getting more and more closer to becoming touch football as each week passes.

I agree that Bedford tackle was a great tackle.

Gonna copy something I posted elsewhere because CBF coming up with a new, original thought:

Whilst I disagree with the suspensions, I feel like the 'game is ruined, becoming non-contact etc' is being overblown a bit.

There have been (from a rough count) 18 suspensions for tackles this year. In isolation, yep, it's a lot.

Then you consider that there have been 18,508 tackles laid this year, meaning that even with these super-stringent new rules from the AFL, only one in every ~1,000 tackles are resulting in suspensions. There are still obviously many, many ways to approach tackling without landing in hot water.

So yeah, while the suspensions are certainly rough (and at times, definitely incorrectly adjudicated), the whole 'destroying fabric of the game' argument is a bit premature, IMO.

Gonna copy something I posted elsewhere because CBF coming up with a new, original thought:

Whilst I disagree with the suspensions, I feel like the 'game is ruined, becoming non-contact etc' is being overblown a bit.

There have been (from a rough count) 18 suspensions for tackles this year. In isolation, yep, it's a lot.

Then you consider that there have been 18,508 tackles laid this year, meaning that even with these super-stringent new rules from the AFL, only one in every ~1,000 tackles are resulting in suspensions. There are still obviously many, many ways to approach tackling without landing in hot water.

So yeah, while the suspensions are certainly rough (and at times, definitely incorrectly adjudicated), the whole 'destroying fabric of the game' argument is a bit premature, IMO.

I am all for protecting the head but this has gone far too much to the opposite side of the debate.

Maybe Bedford would have been better off doing a cheap snipe on Taranto like Rosas did to Logan Evans on the weekend. Only one game for that incident was laughable. Off the ball hit to a defenceless player and once again the suspension is only based on the injury and not on the incident itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Back