News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna copy something I posted elsewhere because CBF coming up with a new, original thought:

Whilst I disagree with the suspensions, I feel like the 'game is ruined, becoming non-contact etc' is being overblown a bit.

There have been (from a rough count) 18 suspensions for tackles this year. In isolation, yep, it's a lot.

Then you consider that there have been 18,508 tackles laid this year, meaning that even with these super-stringent new rules from the AFL, only one in every ~1,000 tackles are resulting in suspensions. There are still obviously many, many ways to approach tackling without landing in hot water.

So yeah, while the suspensions are certainly rough (and at times, definitely incorrectly adjudicated), the whole 'destroying fabric of the game' argument is a bit premature, IMO.

The game has been completely ruined.

I mean, I only watch 8 out of 9 games a weekend now, and consume content only 5-6 hours per day during the week.

It's become unwatchable!

I mean, I only watch 8 out of 9 games a weekend now, and consume content only 5-6 hours per day during the week.

It's become unwatchable!
Yeah, but you don’t have to like it :p

It's become unwatchable!
I used to love watching Mark Jackson, Karl Langdon, Duckworth, Dermie, Darren Millane, Rick Kennedy, Plugger, Chris Lewis, Darryl White, Clive Waterhouse, Warwick Capper, Doc Wheildon, Wow Jones etc....

Alas the game is now a sterilized, volvo driving soccer Mum focused, character-less version of what it used to be.

Last edited:

Kane Farrell out for 2-3 weeks .

Houston 🚀.

Kane Farrell out for 2-3 weeks .

Houston 🚀.

despair GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im f****** sick of McKercher. I’ve used 5 trades already on this little d***head

He would have to be the frontrunner for the Rising Burnman award this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Back