List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a young mid is interesting, you donā€™t select a 19 year old for immediate impact or to delist in 6 months time.

Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Wilson and Hollands bros obviously pretty safe as mids/prospective mids.

Campo boys on the way, Ben will more than likely be a mid first.

I wonder what this means for Jack Carroll who has now been on the list for four years and has not cemented a spot in the side, and Hewett + Kennedy who are typically our fourth and fifth options and could be expendable. Docherty also a consideration.
Interesting read what Nick Austin wrote on the website about desire and two way running. Something yet to be seen by Carroll at AFL level.

Lord and the Campo boys are going to give us a midfield development reset, along with Wilson. We are no longer threadbare in that area. Cincotta doing some midfield and run with work also changes up the mix.

Interesting that Owies has interest elsewhere. A longer term offer would be super attractive, and probably gets more $ā€™s offered as well. Kicking goals but I would still struggle to have him best 22 if a full list was available.

Jack Carroll has been sounded out by the WA clubs over the years. Likely the question is asked again. Go home is definitely a factor unless he is getting regular games in the top team. Before Lord, he was a critical re-signing. Perhaps not as much if Lord can establish himself over the back half of the season. Maybe options for club and players.

These are the possible ā€œleft fieldā€ trades to allow us to keep a couple of others who look in jeopardy.

If Rayner ever fulfilled his potential he could be a Petracca/Martin type. Doesn't have the professionalism though and his fitness is always a question.

Aside from him, Bailey would be great for us. Though expensive

I wonder what they'd be asking for Rayner, he's never been close to fulfilling his potential so might be cheapish relatively speaking
I reckon Voss, would get the best out of Rayner. He is coached by Fagan playing alongside Daniher and Hipwood- say no more!!!

Lord and the Campo boys are going to give us a midfield development reset, along with Wilson. We are no longer threadbare in that area. Cincotta doing some midfield and run with work also changes up the mix.

Interesting that Owies has interest elsewhere. A longer term offer would be super attractive, and probably gets more $ā€™s offered as well. Kicking goals but I would still struggle to have him best 22 if a full list was available.

Jack Carroll has been sounded out by the WA clubs over the years. Likely the question is asked again. Go home is definitely a factor unless he is getting regular games in the top team. Before Lord, he was a critical re-signing. Perhaps not as much if Lord can establish himself over the back half of the season. Maybe options for club and players.

These are the possible ā€œleft fieldā€ trades to allow us to keep a couple of others who look in jeopardy.
If we lost Carrol for late picks that went to campos, so we kept our 2nd, I would be happy.

Bit hard not to when you have multiple devices off the one iCloud account. What a prize turkey.
Messaging away, uploading pics, only for it to be showing up on the other devices back home as well.
Hope there are no post career aspirations for a gig with ASIO
You still need to go into the app (whatsapp) which would be his own. Very sneaky.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

If Owies freed up some cap space and got us a decent pick back I wouldn't be too fussed as long as it helped us secure a target that would improve us. Don't think it will happen but wouldn't be the end of the world to lose a player like him.

Thing is we will lose Owies if we sit hanging out for a Hayward or Stengle.

Canā€™t have our fingers in too many pies and we have to be confident in what we are chasing and what we are letting go. List management is not easy.

It would be a disaster to lose him with no direct or better replacement. 27yo and best 22 who we wouldnā€™t get much for. Acres at Freo anyone? They waited on Sharp, missed him in the trade period and lost a good player in the process.

From Owies stand point, if someone offered a 3 year deal at this juncture you would be mad to not take it. No way Carlton are offering 3 I would think. Good on him from where he came from to now putting himself in such a position if its true. Can't begrudge that. Very impressive
Would be great if he could get his name on a locker.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a good player but not that good. Be a single first rounder ballpark figure for mine.

He's not as good as Cerra or Saad for example (at least in my mind in terms of trade value). Would be a great pick up though.

Two first rounders with a second coming back would be less than we paid for Cerra and Saad.

I reckon Voss, would get the best out of Rayner. He is coached by Fagan playing alongside Daniher and Hipwood- say no more!!!
Fagan was at the hawks with breust popi and Cyril. He's got Cameron and zorko at Brisbane. If that experience can't extract the best half forward out of Rayner I don't know what can.

Two first rounders with a second coming back would be less than we paid for Cerra and Saad.
How so?

For Saad we gave a first rounder and pick 87 for Saad, pick 48 and pick 78.

With Cerra we gave them a first rounder and a future 3rd rounder.

Unless you thought I meant cumulatively. Apologies if so but I meant that I wouldn't rate Bailey as highly as either Cerra or Saad and I wouldn't pay as much as we did for either of them individually.

I think that there is a reasonable chance that Cowan might end up with the capacity to play midfield as well. We're just starting to see pieces of what might be an extremely good footballer there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so?

For Saad we gave a first rounder and pick 87 for Saad, pick 48 and pick 78.

With Cerra we gave them a first rounder and a future 3rd rounder.

Unless you thought I meant cumulatively. Apologies if so but I meant that I wouldn't rate Bailey as highly as either Cerra or Saad and I wouldn't pay as much as we did for either of them individually.

Just meaning that we paid pick 6 and a 3rd for Cerra, roughly 2400 points.

If we assume we give two 1st rounders at 15, thatā€™s 2600 points.

If we got anything back, that would lower the points further

No way Owies leaves. Bleeds blue.

At 27yo and playing good footy itā€™s his one chance at a big pay day. Can definitely see him slipping out if we arenā€™t careful. Most players love their clubs but they love setting themselves up for life after footy more. Heā€™s not going to get the same benefits in retirement as Cripps and Weiters for taking unders.

I live in Brisbane and therefore see a few Lions games each year. For me, it is a big no to Charlie Cameron. Regularly goes missing in big games, and that was before whatever happened in Vegas. He helps us beat the Dogs or Freo, but he doesnā€™t help us beat Collingwood or GWS.

I live in Brisbane and therefore see a few Lions games each year. For me, it is a big no to Charlie Cameron. Regularly goes missing in big games, and that was before whatever happened in Vegas. He helps us beat the Dogs or Freo, but he doesnā€™t help us beat Collingwood or GWS.
Last year Brisbane played Collingwood 3 times

Charlie Cameron kicked 6.1, 4.0, 3.0 (GF)

They played GWS once and he kicked 7.2

If that's going missing in big games count me in

I think I'd be pretty happy with those returns??
Fair enough. I still donā€™t see it in him though. Goes missing for so long, and in at least two of those Collingwood games they played through his man and got the Lions the other way.

To put it a bit more eloquently. I always see it that when the Lions are up and about he is up and about (3 of the games you mention above were comfortable wins), but when they are down, he rarely lifts them.

Then againā€¦ maybe we need an icing on the cake player for scoring easier goals? Heckā€¦ you have me doubting myself now šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Owies is our most consistent small by a mile. Massively underrated. If other more popular blokes like durds and motlop were more consistent we'd be laughing
If we lost Carrol for late picks that went to campos, so we kept our 2nd, I would be happy.
Canā€™t say I would be happy. I see it as a possibility, given Carroll spends his entire off season in the west each year.

Carroll is an AFL quality mid. May not yet be directly comparable, but think James Jordon Melbourne to Swans. Freo has a couple of aging mids and the Eagles are still building with Yeo and Kelly closer to the finish than the start. West Coast in particular have been keeping tabs on Jack.

I would have mixed feelings if we were to lose him. Barring injury, our midfield seems set for a couple of years, bar addition of Elijah and perhaps Cincotta becoming a tagged. Jack could force his way in, his left foot is a point of difference, and he has shown ā€œenoughā€. Realistically is he replacing Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett, Hollands(s), Doc and a couple of pinch hitters in the next couple of years. I like Jack, a lot, but he sits between midfield generations in our group.

Walsh, Cerra and E.Hollands is our ā€œlink to the futureā€ in the midfield. Kennedy is a little younger than Crippa and George in the progression. The Campos, Wilson and now Lord are in the right progression window. Ollie could move inside or stay on a wing.

There is room for Carroll, but will be a slow burn behind our current group. He likely gets more opportunity now with the WA clubs. I donā€™t want lo lose him, but it may be in his best interests and do us minimal harm. Not beyond possibility he would draw a late second rounder with a little going back. He is better than some here give him credit for.

If that's going missing in big games count me in
A year is a long time, will be two before he gets to another club from your statistics. If he is on $600k or more as reported, and has had a falling out, it could become a salary dump scenario.

He may have a year or two max, but is not at the front of my wish list. Brisbane play a game attempting to isolate him where they can. That wouldnā€™t happen with us.

Wouldnā€™t knock him back under the right circumstances, but no way would sell the farm, or even a large paddock.

Fair enough. I still donā€™t see it in him though. Goes missing for so long, and in at least two of those Collingwood games they played through his man and got the Lions the other way.
Isaac Quaynor played on Cameron for the majority of those 3 games and he had 20 touches, 12 touches and 7 touches.

Once again this is just way off. I watched those games and Quaynor got annihilated on all 3 occasions.

You can dislike Cameron (I too reckon he's a flog) but factually he has killed the Pies more than just about any small forward in the game over the last 3-4 years.

Isaac Quaynor played on Cameron for the majority of those 3 games and he had 20 touches, 12 touches and 7 touches.

Once again this is just way off. I watched those games and Quaynor got annihilated on all 3 occasions.

You can dislike Cameron (I too reckon he's a flog) but factually he has killed the Pies more than just about any small forward in the game over the last 3-4 years.
You are right Walshyā€¦ Iā€™m jumping on. Though youā€™ve missed the biggest positive. I will never have to listen to country roads again at the Gabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back