List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t say I would be happy. I see it as a possibility, given Carroll spends his entire off season in the west each year.

Carroll is an AFL quality mid. May not yet be directly comparable, but think James Jordon Melbourne to Swans. Freo has a couple of aging mids and the Eagles are still building with Yeo and Kelly closer to the finish than the start. West Coast in particular have been keeping tabs on Jack.

I would have mixed feelings if we were to lose him. Barring injury, our midfield seems set for a couple of years, bar addition of Elijah and perhaps Cincotta becoming a tagged. Jack could force his way in, his left foot is a point of difference, and he has shown “enough”. Realistically is he replacing Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett, Hollands(s), Doc and a couple of pinch hitters in the next couple of years. I like Jack, a lot, but he sits between midfield generations in our group.

Walsh, Cerra and E.Hollands is our “link to the future” in the midfield. Kennedy is a little younger than Crippa and George in the progression. The Campos, Wilson and now Lord are in the right progression window. Ollie could move inside or stay on a wing.

There is room for Carroll, but will be a slow burn behind our current group. He likely gets more opportunity now with the WA clubs. I don’t want lo lose him, but it may be in his best interests and do us minimal harm. Not beyond possibility he would draw a late second rounder with a little going back. He is better than some here give him credit for.

My post was not well expressed. I hope Carrol kicks on but if we lose him because he gets a lo g contract with the eagles turn him into the campos, and keep our 2nd rndr. Carrol needs 3 games in the starting line up

I find it interesting that people are happy to target, trade in, use draft capital, on small forwards that average 1.5 goals a game or less, yet willing to offload a guy like Owies averaging the same
Probably because outside of chiming in for 1-2 goals a week, Owies brings very little to the team. Hence why he was dropped in the finals.

A player like Dylan Moore also averages 1.5 goals a game, but his impact on games is tenfold to that of Owies and 100x that of Orazio and Durdin at present.

I reckon Voss, would get the best out of Rayner. He is coached by Fagan playing alongside Daniher and Hipwood- say no more!!!
If Rayner’s struggling for output in Brisbane’s star studded forward line who average 5 more inside 50s a game and have better entries from their mids than us, then I can’t see him becoming a star for us…

However if we miss on Haywood, move Martin on and Rayner’s price was right, we could use him to alternate with Hollands between forward and midfield.

Last edited:
Probably because outside of chiming in for 1-2 goals a week, Owies brings very little to the team. Hence why he was dropped in the finals.

A player like Dylan Moore also averages 1.5 goals a game, but his impact on games is tenfold to that of Owies and 100x that of Orazio and Durdin at present.

Dylan Moore is a freak, could of had him as an UFA, if he was willing to move. That goes for many other small forwards around the league, are they willing to move and at what cost

Gresham seemed like a reasonable target until the price tag went up by 200K

As you pointed out though, Owies is our most productive small forward, personally id be keeping him for now, especially given he is also reasonably durable

Dylan Moore is a freak, could of had him as an UFA, if he was willing to move. That goes for many other small forwards around the league, are they willing to move and at what cost

As you pointed out though, Owies is our most productive small forward, personally id be keeping him for now, especially given he is also reasonably durable
Id certainly keep Owies around if given the choice and get rid of Fantasia and Cuningham before him, but as I said, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he went elsewhere if it allowed us to bring in a genuine upgrade like Hayward or Stengle as FA's.

I can't imagine he'd have cashed in on his Footy career to date so if another club came knocking with a good deal I wouldn't begrudge him at all.

Last year Brisbane played Collingwood 3 times

Charlie Cameron kicked 6.1, 4.0, 3.0 (GF)

They played GWS once and he kicked 7.2

If that's going missing in big games count me in

The criticism that he goes missing in big game is pretty funny. In 19 finals in his career he's kicked 40 goals (2.1 per game) - better than his home and away average goals per game.

I find it interesting that people are happy to target, trade in, use draft capital, on small forwards that average 1.5 goals a game or less, yet willing to offload a guy like Owies averaging the same

When I looked up the stats earlier this year, we were looking for Owies 6 times a game.
He was doing better some of the sexier names bandied about.
I still hold the view that the issue is more with ball use, movement & structure than with the talent of the players alone.

If Owies freed up some cap space and got us a decent pick back I wouldn't be too fussed as long as it helped us secure a target that would improve us. Don't think it will happen but wouldn't be the end of the world to lose a player like him.
To be honest, a mid second would probably be a fantastic return for the club. He's been a great servant for us and if another club offered him more money and more years, he'd be foolish not to take it.

Unless we win the flag this year and Owies kicks 3-4 goals in the game. Then we'll happily accept a late first for a premiership winning small leadup forward who works up the ground to provide pressure :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so?

For Saad we gave a first rounder and pick 87 for Saad, pick 48 and pick 78.

With Cerra we gave them a first rounder and a future 3rd rounder.

Unless you thought I meant cumulatively. Apologies if so but I meant that I wouldn't rate Bailey as highly as either Cerra or Saad and I wouldn't pay as much as we did for either of them individually.
I'd rate Bailey higher than Cerra. No doubt about it.

I'm not sold on Cerra yet. Injury prone, goes missing in games, is a good mid but hasn't taken the next step.

I will never forget going to a practice game at Ikon in 2019 to see Walshy's first public hitout in the navy blue and walking away wondering why that Dylan Moore kid never got a game. Did so many nice things and I've been on Dyl Moore island ever since.

I will never forget going to a practice game at Ikon in 2019 to see Walshy's first public hitout in the navy blue and walking away wondering why that Dylan Moore kid never got a game. Did so many nice things and I've been on Dyl Moore island ever since.

I was there and thought exactly the same.

Remember about a month ago many wanted to pay Williams out after this year!!!

Well, well done Zac, you’re pushed through and even made the forward line your own.

Keep it up legend 💙
I'll put my hand up as one of those with egg on face, absolute fantastic stuff from Zac the last couple of weeks! Looks a whole new player up fwd.

I'll put my hand up as one of those with egg on face, absolute fantastic stuff from Zac the last couple of weeks! Looks a whole new player up fwd.
Just needed some affirmation. Bloke endured two years from hell on and off field.

He almost got delisted at the end of 2020 but played the game of his life in the last game of the year and they kept him on. His career has gone through the roof since. He is a wonderful player.

Part of me suspects Will Hayward sat up tonight and secretly is very excited 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back