List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me suspects Will Hayward sat up tonight and secretly is very excited 😉
I asked his girlfriends old clubbing friend on Tuesday to do some reconnaissance work and find out what our chances are of seeing him back in VIC next year. Hoping they get back to me with an answer soon.

After a win like last night, and noting the absentees that could come back into the selection frame over the next month, it'll likely get to a point where Carroll will be able to play in the twos and not be sub / held over as an emergency so he can build his confidence, and we'll end up having a better representation of senior bodies in the VFL.

Williams is doing a great job in the forward line and presently addressing a key deficiency.

Cerra, Cottrell, Motlop and Martin will all be pushing for selection and create headaches for the MC, as will the debate of playing two rucks.

If they are intent on playing two smalls then based on form line, Owies holds one post and it'll be a fight between Fantasia / Durdin / Motlop for that second spot (not counting Fog here as i regard him as a walk up start).

That leaves Cerra, Cottrell and Martin to fit in, and Marchbank knocking on the door for a defensive gig provided he can get continuity into his game.

Geez, that gives the MC some good headaches, and a need to balance those players with Cincotta, Ollie, Cowan, Kennedy / Hewett who are all doing their gig.

You’re not serious are you? Does not have clean hands and lacks crumbing ability. Exceptional defensively and great at connecting play with his handballs which are a weapon

Fog is one of our cleanest below his knees and in tight. There’s not many I’d rather have the ball at HFF, he seems to always move his way out of traffic and find a runner on the outside who has time to deliver I50.

I'm not in any way suggesting a trade because he's an untouchable imo... But how the hell do we fit Cerra back in this 22 with the positional shifts we've seen lately? Does he spend some time at half forward or half back? Maybe even the wing?
Still think midfield.

Cripps and Walsh will need the help as the season gets longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hayward is exactly what we're missing. If we can get him, absolutely all for it.

We'd have to look incredibly tempting as a destination club...
It's interesting because he's probably already at a destination club. A couple of weeks ago we were hearing that he's close to re-signing with the Swans.

This week we heard that the swans have upped their offer from 4 to 5 Years, he's not interested in going back to S.A and it's down to the swans or Carlton.

It sounds like we have made him an offer that has at least made him think seriously.

Not sure we need Hayward I’d spend the money elsewhere

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think there's three spots with Martin, JSOS, Kennedy, a resting ruck and Haywood - JSOS the only 'real' third tall in that group.

He'd go to the front of that queue immediately imo.

Where would you prioritise that spend instead?

I'm not in any way suggesting a trade because he's an untouchable imo... But how the hell do we fit Cerra back in this 22 with the positional shifts we've seen lately? Does he spend some time at half forward or half back? Maybe even the wing?

Straight in. E.Hollands has been getting heaps of CBAs. He goes forward more again for Kennedy. Cerra gets the mid minutes.

Kennedy to sub, occasionally rotating with Hewett.

It's interesting because he's probably already at a destination club. A couple of weeks ago we were hearing that he's close to re-signing with the Swans.

This week we heard that the swans have upped their offer from 4 to 5 Years, he's not interested in going back to S.A and it's down to the swans or Carlton.

It sounds like we have made him an offer that has at least made him think seriously.
Hayward is the coach’s pet in Sydney. Longmire loves him. In all good relationships however sometimes you have to compromise.

Cerra Motlop Cotters sometime in the upcoming weeks after the bye…

Martin, definitely B22 but sadly atm can’t rely on him being available or body actually once again holding up to play significant role for us…

Marchbank and Cunners we must move on from, if by some miracle they can string a decent block of reserves games together, they should be looked at back ups only…

Hopefully Little Durds can find that form and potential he displayed during his first couple of seasons…

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Newman McGovern Saad
Cowan

DeKoning Cripps Walsh
Acres Cincotta O.Hollands
Cerra

Williams McKay E.Hollands
Motlop Curnow Owies
Fogarty

Kennedy Hewett Cottrell?

Fantasia Carroll Durdin Martin? Marchbank Binns Pittonet Cuningham? Lemmey Young Monahan Wilson Lord S.Durdin Akuie Moir Mirkov

Docherty and JSoS year, O’Keefe long term M.Carroll? long term…

I suspect he’ll come in for Hewett or Kennedy with one of those 2 relegated to sub depending on match ups and who else is available at the time (eg Martin).

Either way I’d like to see him, Cottrell and Martin come back via a game in the 2s so they are ready to contribute upon their return. Worried he’s becoming our Prestia, without the medals.

After Agresta’s comments and before any trades looks like we’ll need a minimum of:

4x Main List Spots
(R1 +2x Campos +Boyd)
1x Rookie Spot
(-Boyd +Lord +Duffy)

Potential Locks Main List:
Hollands, Fogarty, Owies

Under the Pump:
Marchbank, Cuningham, J. Carroll, Martin

Potential Locks Rookie List:
Cincotta, O’Keeffe, Lord

Under the Pump:
Mirkov, Akuei (Cat B), M.Carroll, S.Durdin

Could see us risking Martin and Marchbank to put them on the rookie list…

Going to be interesting and even more interesting if we’re wanting to trade in and out players…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back