List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

If Melbourne pay 300-400k of his salary for the next 6 years…

Oliver would be a good get for any team… A fresh start out of the Demons, with a side with a strong culture, would get him back to his best…

Depending on any FS rule changes, I don’t mind us using draft capital on the right players..

If we do have the $750k to splash on a player like we reportedly offered Hayward, I’d go in order SDK or Stengel… Don’t think $750k would get us an elite mid nowadays, unless it’s an Oliver with issues…

For whatever reason he is completely broken and I’m not sure any club can salvage him. It’s a real shame because I was at the 2021 GF and he was absolutely electric.

Oliver would be a good get for any team… A fresh start out of the Demons, with a side with a strong culture, would get him back to his best…

Depending on any FS rule changes, I don’t mind us using draft capital on the right players..

If we do have the $750k to splash on a player like we reportedly offered Hayward, I’d go in order SDK or Stengel… Don’t think $750k would get us an elite mid nowadays, unless it’s an Oliver with issues…

Big NO to Oliver brings bad culture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

6 years at 700k for a guy who right now would be playing VFL for Carlton?

Daisy / Brock McLean vibes.

Oliver

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Oliver 2 yrs ago he'll yes but now no thanks.

Our midfield is humming right at the moment.

We missed Hayward and stengle is a money grub so Austin will probably get a couple cheapies in this year and save some $$$ when the Bont comes out of contract next year.

Holy shit how good would that be we'd be
un- beatable.

Anyone concerned about our contract status with our spine?

Weiters - RFA 2024
TDK - RFA 2026
Walsh - RFA 2026
Cerra - 2025
Saad - 2025

We can't afford to lose them if we want to build a dynasty.

I know Weiters has committed to the club for the "big dance" pact.... but what if we win the flag this year? Will he want to continue with us if he's being $1.5mil per season elsewhere?

TDK will probably command > $1mil per season when his contract is up, same with Walsh...

How to balance the books?

Some tough choices may have to be made in the coming seasons as collateral - Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham, Carroll....

Weiters - RFA 2024
TDK - RFA 2026
Walsh - RFA 2026
Cerra - 2025
Saad - 2025

I know Weiters has committed to the club for the "big dance" pact.... but what if we win the flag this year? Will he want to continue with us if he's being $1.5mil per season elsewhere?

TDK will probably command > $1mil per season when his contract is up, same with Walsh...

Some tough choices may have to be made in the coming seasons as collateral - Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham, Carroll....
I think they all stay but Weitering is the one we can’t afford to lose. Martin is the only one of those best 22 so offer the rest minimum wage if we want to keep them or let them go. The tough choices will be more around players like JSOS, Pitto, Doc imo. Guys we have shown we can do without to this point atleast

Weiters - RFA 2024
TDK - RFA 2026
Walsh - RFA 2026
Cerra - 2025
Saad - 2025

Weiters knows he'll be worth a lot post career. One flag is difficult, more than one is legendary. Likely to lose others on the way, but it seems like the big players in it for the long haul.

Weiters Walshy DeKoning I’d imagine will all sign on long term contracts, while taking unders to also further keep the group/team together for achieving ongoing and ultimate success, you can tell the players, coaches and club are all united and on the same page…
Cook I’d imagine would be the driving force behind helping us set up the right way to structure things for ongoing sustainably…

Weiters - RFA 2024
TDK - RFA 2026
Walsh - RFA 2026
Cerra - 2025
Saad - 2025

Let me ask you.

Do you think any of them will leave based on what we are embarking on?

Memebership through the roof.

Crowds off its head.

Playing ‘sexy’ footy.

Yeh na.

Agree with many of the sentiments here. Absolutely priority is signing TDK, Weitering, Walsh to long term deals.

Cerra is a watch due to hamstring concerns. If he has another injury prone year next year we would be reluctant to offer 5 years.

I'm a big fan of smashing the draft the next few years. Get in a new crop of young guns, build connection together in the VFL to keep regenerating the senior team before Tassie come in.

Austin has shown he can pluck affordable value. Hollands, Acres, Cincotta, Boyd are also best 22 and valuable to the team. Cottrell from a few years ago cost nothing. Newman a future 4th. Owies cat B. Plenty of value for not much.

We've got the stars, we just need to keep adding layers of young and solid role players who get the job done. The system is more important than the individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with many of the sentiments here. Absolutely priority is signing TDK, Weitering, Walsh to long term deals.

Cerra is a watch due to hamstring concerns. If he has another injury prone year next year we would be reluctant to offer 5 years.

I'm a big fan of smashing the draft the next few years. Get in a new crop of young guns, build connection together in the VFL to keep regenerating the senior team before Tassie come in.

Austin has shown he can pluck affordable value. Hollands, Acres, Cincotta, Boyd are also best 22 and valuable to the team. Cottrell from a few years ago cost nothing. Newman a future 4th. Owies cat B. Plenty of value for not much.

We've got the stars, we just need to keep adding layers of young and solid role players who get the job done. The system is more important than the individual.
And we took a punt on Moir with our end of 1st round pick.

It's still early days, but each time I see him, part of me says we may have selected a bust when you compare him to what Morris is doing so far with the Brions....and another part of me looks at his skill level that's starting to bloom at state league and thinking we may have an absolute gem.

The beauty about kids like him is that we no longer have to fast track them into the cut and thrust of AFL like we've done in the past.

Agree with you, but when we have played moneyball for Hollands, Acres, Cincotta, Boyd, et. al, they'll demand more over time. It's good we've locked them away quickly this season (most recently Lij it looks like) to what I assume is "smart money".

One hopes the club is "forecasting" salaries ahead to keep the big guns on.

It was astute to front-end contracts for McG, Williams and Martin - it's the ongoing extensions that need to be fleshed out in the context of the rest.

I get the feeling we might be heartbroken at some stage in the next couple of years by one of our faves..... But let's hope that they kept bonded by sustained success, like the Cats, Hawks and Richmond of late (as much as I hate to say it).

Weiters - RFA 2024
TDK - RFA 2026
Walsh - RFA 2026
Cerra - 2025
Saad - 2025

Not worried at all about the top end.

Not many tough choices ahead in my view - decisions based on performance and ability to endure. We will likely lose one or two for more opportunities elsewhere.

Let me ask you.

Do you think any of them will leave based on what we are embarking on?

Memebership through the roof.

Crowds off its head.

Playing ‘sexy’ footy.

Yeh na.

Money walks, other stuff talks.

Lucky to have kept H and CC on loooong term deals, but the books will be hard to balance with the big guns, especially when they know their worth to other clubs on potentially life-changing salaries...

Lucky to have kept H and CC on loooong term deals, but the books will be hard to balance with the big guns, especially when they know their worth to other clubs on potentially life-changing salaries...
That's it.
If the club achieves the desired results, it shouldnt come as any surprise if our players are aggressively targeted by other clubs, obviously you hope that everyone takes significant unders & you can retain everyone but on exposed form we know that isn't really likely.
Hawthorn & Geelong navigated the losses of small fry such as Franklin & Ablett without too much disruption, so as a club, we hope that we can set aside emotion & stick to the task at hand.

I’ll answer it for you there’s not a snowflakes chance any of them leave.

Bookmark it.

It looks to be very smart list management to have signed Pitto to a long term contract (despite what many on here said at the time). He would probably play first ruck for quite a few teams currently (Port, Eagles, Crows, Geelong, Tigers) or the Dogs could cash in English and use some of the cache on Pitto (like the Pies did with Grundy/Cameron). Max Gawn will be 33 during next season.

So, as he is under contract, we can either keep him as insurance/workhorse or we can listen to offers. He might even be worth a decent second rounder by seasons end to a ruckman with presence desperate team.

you only have to look at the offers we put to Coniglio and Shiel to know that Weitering and TDK are going to be tough to keep. There are clubs out there who are in the situation we were at the time and will make things very hard for us.
If we can’t keep them all then it’s just a matter of replacing them the best we can. Personally I’m not losing any sleep over it. We are probably positioning ourselves to pay them $1mil PA so that is a lot of money to chase suitable replacements.

you only have to look at the offers we put to Coniglio and Shiel to know that Weitering and TDK are going to be tough to keep. There are clubs out there who are in the situation we were at the time and will make things very hard for us.
If we can’t keep them all then it’s just a matter of replacing them the best we can. Personally I’m not losing any sleep over it. We are probably positioning ourselves to pay them $1mil PA so that is a lot of money to chase suitable replacements.
If you were betting on them staying Weitering would be paying $1.01 to stay (as in 1% chance to leave)
T.D.K. would be $1.03 (as in 3% chance to leave).

They will be well looked after whilst they are playing, looked after even better when they finish. They will be playing in front of huge crowds in successful teams.

There are plenty of things to worry about these days. These two blokes leaving isn't one of them.

Weitering & TDK will be a priority and will stay, both will be well compensated.
Team success is still very important to most players & whilst $ are important there are various factors that are considered.

Pretty sure Weitering has already said he is absolutely keen to be at Carlton long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back