List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

We were broke and Mick was working with his hands tied behind his back. Club were unable to give him much to assist. Bad times.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
We were a terrible club designed to kill coaches and we did. Bad on every single line. Glad we are what we are now and are miles and miles away from that now.

I'd like to keep Martin - but I'm thinking he will get a better offer either in tenure or $$ (maybe both) elsewhere.
I agree.
My gut feel is Martin will be playing in a state thats far warmer in 2025.
Marchy,id sign for one more year as a bit of security( the guy needs some serious luck to go his way in regards to being injury free)
DC will get delisted. And i still think Little Durdin wants to go back to SA,just another gut feeling ive thought for awhile,even though we signed him.up recently for 2 years.
Interesting times ahead.

Apologies for the intrusion, but I keep a close eye on all the Geraldton boys playing in the AFL. Obviously Paddy is a legend.... but what is the future of Jack Carroll at Carlton? I believe he is out of contract at the end of this year, seems to of had a few injuries and used as a sub a lot..

Apologies for the intrusion, but I keep a close eye on all the Geraldton boys playing in the AFL. Obviously Paddy is a legend.... but what is the future of Jack Carroll at Carlton? I believe he is out of contract at the end of this year, seems to of had a few injuries and used as a sub a lot..
He will probably be offered a low contract so if someone wants him he would probably leave. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he was delisted to free up a list spot

I would say he is gettable with the right contract offer.

I don't think he is looking to leave, but this is an important contract for a player in his position and he would be advised by his agent to take outside interest seriously

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Jack Carrol, think he is the future of our midfield, and rate him ahead of the likes of Cunningham, or even Kennedy. But that also gives him some real currency, and with both Perth teams stuttering we could manufacture deals that could bring in some real experience to gaps in the 22, like the older McLovin, Liam Ryan, or a Walters....

I really like Jack Carrol, think he is the future of our midfield, and rate him ahead of the likes of Cunningham, or even Kennedy. But that also gives him some real currency, and with both Perth teams stuttering we could manufacture deals that could bring in some real experience to gaps in the 22, like the older McLovin, Liam Ryan, or a Walters....
Little evidence to rate him ahead of Kennedy.

But you're dead right, couple of WCE guys, in particular, ripe for the plucking.

The two Guvs playing together - might mean our Guv goes forward again?

And Weagles would need to pay some of his salary...

I hadn't realised Jeremy was that much taller than Mitch, Jeremy listed at 197cm.

He's had a good year.

Liam R. yes please too.

Little evidence to rate him ahead of Kennedy.

But you're dead right, couple of WCE guys, in particular, ripe for the plucking.

The two Guvs playing together - might mean our Guv goes forward again?

And Weagles would need to pay some of his salary...

I hadn't realised Jeremy was that much taller than Mitch, Jeremy listed at 197cm.

He's had a good year.

Liam R. yes please too.
Jeremy McGovern is 33 early next year, good player but has had a lot of injuries. We'd have to use no trade capital and pretty much pay him not much to make it work.

I think that the future of our midfield is Sam Walsh, Adam Cerra, Elijah Hollands, Ben and Lucas Camporeale and maybe Cooper Lotd. Hoping that Jack Carroll can improve by the amount that he needs to figure in those discussions. But agree with you that if he can't he might have a little bit of currency.

It is an interesting discussion though. Our first choice back 7 currently with a guess as to how many more good seasons they have left are;

Nic Newman- 2 years
Adam Saad- 3 years
Mitch McGovern - 3 years
Jacob Weitering- 6 years
Jordan Boyd- - 6 years
Kemp and Cowan - 10 years

Leaving the back ups out of it the questions are is that 7 a premiership quality defence? If not where does it need upgrading (bearing in mind we won't gave a lot of draft capital). Also noting that we need to get Weiters abd TDK signed which means that there might not be huge amounts left in the salary cap pot.

It is an interesting discussion though. Our first choice back 7 currently with a guess as to how many more good seasons they have left are;

Nic Newman- 2 years
Adam Saad- 3 years
Mitch McGovern - 3 years
Jacob Weitering- 6 years
Jordan Boyd- - 6 years
Kemp and Cowan - 10 years

Leaving the back ups out of it the questions are is that 7 a premiership quality defence? If not where does it need upgrading (bearing in mind we won't gave a lot of draft capital). Also noting that we need to get Weiters abd TDK signed which means that there might not be huge amounts left in the salary cap pot.

Don't think Newman and Gov have that many in them

But 1 or both of the Campo boys will come through

Yeah Newy looks like one more after this for mine. Saady possibly one after that, once pace goes will decline quickly and a bit susceptible to soft tissue issues. McGovern a mystery for mine, preparing better than he ever has, and his older brother has been quite ā€œdurableā€. I had written him out already, but if he is heeding the guru Russell, he could surprise us.

Quite hopeful Wilson will join that mix and yep, at least one Campo in the back half. Cincotta will still spend time down there . Wonā€™t be surprised to see a bit if Acres down there as we transition our outside mix too.

Players are playing longer than they ever have. Most players with high IQ and reasonable durability are playing to 34+

Players are playing longer than they ever have. Most players with high IQ and reasonable durability are playing to 34+
Hoping the ā€œseniorsā€ get a flag this year or next to hopefully make decisions around ā€œmortalityā€ pragmatic ones, rather than hanging on for the dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back