List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be keen on lukosius. 23 year old, probably only just about to mature. Very talented. Criticism is typical of a key position player who has not matured yet. Most don't kick on until they are 23 or 24. Not many key position players under 23 who are great, they are generally more the exception than the rule.
Cooney made a good point on Armchair Critics last night after the SCG game in that Luko has shown sfa consistency as a KPF thus far, and in fact might be worth a shot more as an athletic wing man or intercepting defender.
Just food for thought.

Go get Malcolm Rosas. Has massive pea hearts syndrome like the rest of Fold Toast but he's a massive talent. Charlie Cameron type speed and is a silky finisher, think he'd be better off elsewhere, that club is cancerous for development.

Dropped again this week would only cost a 2nd rounder id think
List management team should be shot if they gave up a 2nd for Rosas. He could be good but currently isn’t. Late 3rd at best considering he has 1 more year to go on his contract

Yeah I’m pretty clear in my mind that our mid group is unbalanced. We need variations thru there. We are way too predictable. Teams like crows cut us up. Gws little guys ran rings around us. Sydney cut us up badly. Filth continue to have the edge over us.

Walsh/cerra are not going to change that regardless of how well they train in preseason. Walsh tries his guts out and runs all day but I don’t see a real lot of impact. He gets high possessions when Crippa dominates but we aren’t winning games off back of Walsh/cerra.

Heaven forbid Crippa goes down …we’d be destroyed.
Walsh has gone from hero to zero (or close) this season.

Reckon his back or something else is bothering him.

Cerra from top 5 B & F to zero.

TDK from elite ruckman to injured.... and Pitto's presently MIA.

Need a young, quick mid to add to the mix....

Our good is still very, very good.

Our not so good isn't getting belted either....

Just must stop producing for only 1 - 1.5 quarters...

Because we're targeting a player that's turning 33 next season

Due Diligence is different to "Targeting"

If our LM team are professional they will be speaking with everyone. I would be disappointed if they didn't catch up with Haynes and see where he is at and what he is looking to do.

No idea of your age but id like to get peoples thoughts on how they felt when we signed Rhys-Jones? My mates dad used to talk about how he hated him at the Swans but guess what, loved him when he came across.
He provided a bit extra mongrel to a team that already had it but his inclusion took it to another level.
I was shocked at the time but it was a great inclusion, just ask Dermie! LOL

I've given up on Young. I keep thinking he's a valuable list player as he can fill so many roles but then he plays and is no better than a witches hat. Depending upon money but I'd seriously look at paying him out

Be interesting to hear what our Coaches/LM group think about Jack playing KPD or Lemmey or O'Keefe? If they think one can then it changes the whole conversation

Will we keep Sam Durdin, Will we Kemp in defence, what will Cowan's role be?

A lot of variables but I would love to know what they think
I remember when Cowan was given the #2. Diesel said that it was only on the condition that he develops into a hard-a55 midfielder, so hopefully that is still the goal.

Disappointing that some of the draftees over last few years still haven’t shown much to get a call up to seniors.
I am much happier with the strike rate over the last few years than pre-SOS.

Moir (still in first year but worth the gamble on a potential point of difference player)
Billy Wilson (first year player all about speed)
Ollie Hollands big tick
L Cowan big tick (maybe accidentally genius * 😀 with Tasmanian side)
Binns (depth, accumulates)
Lemmey (developing tall)
Cincotta big tick
Motlop big tick
C Durdin (pick in late 30s, not the worst but depth, tradeable)
J Carroll (pick in 40s) (decent No.6 midfielder, tradeable)

We have gone from consistent and persistent misses on our first pick and duds at subsequent picks to generally having good first picks and some hits with our later picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you, as good as he is we don’t need another half back, but what if we are planning on playing him through the midfield or even on a wing?
He shows nothing in how he plays the game that suggests he'll do anything for us at the source that we don't already have, and he's not got the ability to accelerate and track that you want from an elite winger.

He's in his best position, and he's not a heavy accumulator. We need real speedsters with enough contest ability and physical strength that they can at least halve aerial 1v1s, than can also dispose well at pace.

He will not transform into an elite mid, and that's an even worse spend of the money, worse than what we tried to do with Williams.

Our 2nd would be a pick in the mid-late 30s. Personally think that's about right but each to their own
Struggling to understand why a guy who has never lifted his endurance levels his entire senior career should command a 2nd round pick.

Assuming he's not injured, he can't stay in games, and now he's less involved than ever in all phases of play.

Struggling to understand why a guy who has never lifted his endurance levels his entire senior career should command a 2nd round pick.

Assuming he's not injured, he can't stay in games, and now he's less involved than ever in all phases of play.
I guess I'm just still in the mindset that we're sitting 2nd on the ladder so our 2nd would practically be an early 3rd, even though we're now in 8th. But I understand the opinion that he's not worth that, personally I think it would be about right under contract but each to their own.

I find it hard to judge GCS players value and future prospects as theres so many examples of players dramatically improving after departing that club, our own Elijah being a prime example of one. I think Rosas would be a good get if we got him away from that club.

I guess I'm just still in the mindset that we're sitting 2nd on the ladder so our 2nd would practically be an early 3rd, even though we're now in 8th. But I understand the opinion that he's not worth that, personally I think it would be about right under contract but each to their own.

I find it hard to judge GCS players value and future prospects as theres so many examples of players dramatically improving after departing that club, our own Elijah being a prime example of one. I think Rosas would be a good get if we got him away from that club.
That might be true, but this guy has a long history of this and is now dealing with an injury-riddled season. He's barely worth a pick in the 50-70 range.

I'd be looking at Gold Coast's list. There are a lot of top picks there, many of whom haven't developed. If they'd seen what we've done with Elijah Hollands, they might realize we're a decent place to be.

Rosas has a lot of talent, but hasn't done the hard yards. Could we turn him around? I'm not so sure, but we can't do any worse than GC has done with him.

As GC has these Academy kids coming through regularly now, is there anyone who feels their spot might be vulnerable? I think there just might be.

Levi Casboult: he probably won't be getting another contract at the Suns, for all that he's been a decent player there. Do we consider him for 2's leadership? He can't do any worse than Phillips did.

I'd be looking at Gold Coast's list. There are a lot of top picks there, many of whom haven't developed. If they'd seen what we've done with Elijah Hollands, they might realize we're a decent place to be.

Rosas has a lot of talent, but hasn't done the hard yards. Could we turn him around? I'm not so sure, but we can't do any worse than GC has done with him.

As GC has these Academy kids coming through regularly now, is there anyone who feels their spot might be vulnerable? I think there just might be.

Levi Casboult: he probably won't be getting another contract at the Suns, for all that he's been a decent player there. Do we consider him for 2's leadership? He can't do any worse than Phillips did.
They’ve got D.Rioli in their sights by all reports, which may need to come with Maurice Jnr (Rosas out?).
Rosas was fumbly late in the game vs WCE last week.
There could be others that they’re targeting for some mature talent.
Luko potentially on the outer with his uncompetitiveness. Could be close to a mobile Charlie that we’re chasing, both decent field kicks anyway.
Academy picks again.
+ their list numbers may still need to be reduced from the increase allowed with their concessions.

For me it’s Bergman. If he wants to get to Victoria, we should be putting our hat in the ring.

He’s just at it hard and uses it pretty well most of the time. A midfield role is beckoning for him with the Blues.

Give me Bergman and Stone and I’ll be very happy.

Bergman and Wilson off HB next year is very exciting 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back