List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he is only a shadow of himself from 2023 surely there'd be huge downward trends in each of his main statistical areas wouldn't there?
A slight exaggeration maybe,(some here are being a tiny bit sensitive) but like previously mentioned, I prefer the alternative of Walsh sharing with Cunners, and Cerra playing midfield, not HBF.
Perhaps if Oli and Binns both played VFL, then they could be fairly compared?

A slight exaggeration maybe,(some here are being a tiny bit sensitive) but like previously mentioned, I prefer the alternative of Walsh sharing with Cunners, and Cerra playing midfield, not HBF.
Perhaps if Oli and Binns both played VFL, then they could be fairly compared?

Surely we aren't going to start playing the poster?

We should make a play for Rory lobb

I hope we bring in something like

Campo twins
First round pick
1-2 other picks or rookies

1 x FA
1 x Trade
1 x DFA
1-2 SSPs

Focus on run and Leg Speed and at least one KPD

Early call but I expect Docherty & Jack to be back and names like Cowan Ollie Wilson O'Keefe to be genuine Best 25 players and big improvement in Motlop Cincotta Elijah Boyd Kemp.

I have NO hesitation in delisting Marchbank Cuningham Martin Young Akuei S.Durdin Mirkov M.Carroll Fantasia. I would trade J.Carroll & C.Durdin if any interest
What I'd love to see happen (Even if theres SFA chance it does)

Trade Out
Martin (3RP)
Owies (2RP)
JCarroll (F3RP)

Delist
Marchbank
Cuningham
Mirkov
Akuei
Fantasia
S.Durdin
M.Carroll

Draft
Owies pick + 1RP to get up the order with our 1st to around 12-15

Joe Berry/Tobie Travaglia(1RP)
Ben Camporeale (2RP)
Lucas Camporeale (3RP/4RP)
Luke Kennedy (Late/Rookie)

Trade in

Riley Garcia (F3RP)
Josh Worrell (F2RP)
Jamaine Jones (FA)
Matt Duffy joins the senior list

Find some durable KPP's to train on over the pre season as back up for the Key Backs and Key Fwds.

AFL Squad

FB: Jones - Weitering - Mcgovern
HB: Saad - Worrell - Newman
C: Acres - Cripps - O.Hollands
HF: Garcia - Mckay - Fogarty
FF: Williams - Curnow - Motlop
R: Dekoning - Walsh - Cerra

I/C: Boyd - E.Hollands - Docherty - Hewett

VFL Squad

FB: Cincotta - Young - Kemp
HB: Wilson - ??? - Cowan
C: Binns - Lord - Cottrell
HF: Moir - O'Keefe - Durdin
FF: JSos - Lemmey - Monahan
R: Pittonet - M.Kennedy - B.Camporeale

I/C: L.Camporeale - L.Kennedy - Berry/Travaglia - Duffy

Finally have some leg speed in the team without sacrificing foot skills and a genuine 2nd KPD option which opens up the ability to experiment with Kemp, Lemmey etc going forward instead of shoehorning them as defenders out of necessity.

None of which would break the bank either. Be very keen on Worrell as a running, athletic KPD even if he's not the greatest contest defender at this stage of his development. He has the tools and aggression to be a good KPD imo.

Garcia can play midfield minutes as a fwd rotation and provide some spark/defensive pressure around the ball when needed. Be very disappointed if we don't have a crack at him if he's keen to make a move from Bevoland.

Last edited:
Elijah Hollands was doing what last year?
Hollands was being played out of position, was a pick 7 who’d played 14 games, and was considered as being highly talented without being given an opportunity. Jones has played over 50 games at multiple clubs, but still gets dropped every other week… not even remotely the same thing

Hollands was being played out of position, was a pick 7 who’d played 14 games, and was considered as being highly talented without being given an opportunity. Jones has played over 50 games at multiple clubs, but still gets dropped every other week… not even remotely the same thing
Jarryd Lyons?

I've watched Jones play plenty of times, he's more than capable at AFL level. Has pace, aggression and a good kick. Playing half back and half forward for an absolutely garbage team like the eagles of the last few years wouldn't help with finding ur best footy.

As a cheap FA I don't see the issue. He'd likely be replacing a perennially injured player like Cunners, Fantasia, Marchbank etc

Elijah Hollands was doing what last year?
But in all seriousness these are the types of low risk high reward darts clubs have to throw now given all Tassie coming in & all that. Why not have a crack for a future 3rd if it's something the kid wants & the club feels they couild get the best out of him. The tightness of the comp dictates that 1 or 2 blokes like that could give you that extra 1% required to get over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:think:

How are you reading those numbers? I see that and think it reinforces what i see on game day, that Ollie has stagnated, its closer than i thought, but he’s still behind in most metrics based on last season.

Im very surprised by his season, i saw two pre season matches and thought he looked great.

How are you reading those numbers? I see that and think it reinforces what i see on game day, that Ollie has stagnated, its closer than i thought, but he’s still behind in most metrics based on last season.

Im very surprised by his season, i saw two pre season matches and thought he looked great.
Slightly down in some aspects, slightly up in others.
I'd agree that he looks to have stagnated this season, however he's hardly "a shadow of" his 2023 form.

What I'd love to see happen (Even if theres SFA chance it does)

Trade Out
Martin (3RP)
Owies (2RP)
JCarroll (F3RP)

Delist
Marchbank
Cuningham
Mirkov
Akuei
Fantasia
S.Durdin
M.Carroll

Draft
Owies pick + 1RP to get up the order with our 1st to around 12-15

Joe Berry/Tobie Travaglia(1RP)
Ben Camporeale (2RP)
Lucas Camporeale (3RP/4RP)
Luke Kennedy (Late/Rookie)

Trade in

Riley Garcia (F3RP)
Josh Worrell (F2RP)
Jamaine Jones (FA)
Matt Duffy joins the senior list

Find some durable KPP's to train on over the pre season as back up for the Key Backs and Key Fwds.

AFL Squad

FB: Jones - Weitering - Mcgovern
HB: Saad - Worrell - Newman
C: Acres - Cripps - O.Hollands
HF: Garcia - Mckay - Fogarty
FF: Williams - Curnow - Motlop
R: Dekoning - Walsh - Cerra

I/C: Boyd - E.Hollands - Docherty - Hewett

VFL Squad

FB: Cincotta - Young - Kemp
HB: Wilson - ??? - Cowan
C: Binns - Lord - Cottrell
HF: Moir - O'Keefe - Durdin
FF: JSos - Lemmey - Monahan
R: Pittonet - M.Kennedy - B.Camporeale

I/C: L.Camporeale - L.Kennedy - Berry/Travaglia - Duffy

Finally have some leg speed in the team without sacrificing foot skills and a genuine 2nd KPD option which opens up the ability to experiment with Kemp, Lemmey etc going forward instead of shoehorning them as defenders out of necessity.

None of which would break the bank either. Be very keen on Worrell as a running, athletic KPD even if he's not the greatest contest defender at this stage of his development. He has the tools and aggression to be a good KPD imo.

Garcia can play midfield minutes as a fwd rotation and provide some spark/defensive pressure around the ball when needed. Be very disappointed if we don't have a crack at him if he's keen to make a move from Bevoland.

Im in the camp of moving on Marchy and Durdin but both need replacing and not with a kid from the draft, so add the KPD in the draft, trade in Worrell and then add the best option from the state leagues as insurance.

With list spots tight and with us in our window (hopefully) adding an Irishman coming off an ACL who has never played a game of footy to the senior list is madness, it appears he will be available for the Cat B spot though.

Hones is an interesting idea, I haven’t seen much of him, but I remember once or twice seeing him running off the back line with pace and having a good kick, so it has surprised me that he is somewhat on the outer.

Garcia is a solid pick

If we trade Owies and delist Fantasia, we need to add a capable small forward option, you’ve included Williams and Motlop in the best 22, both will have missed a seasons worth of footy this year, we would be taking a huge gamble here losing two smalls.

Im in the camp of moving on Marchy and Durdin but both need replacing and not with a kid from the draft, so add the KPD in the draft, trade in Worrell and then add the best option from the state leagues as insurance.

With list spots tight and with us in our window (hopefully) adding an Irishman coming off an ACL who has never played a game of footy to the senior list is madness, it appears he will be available for the Cat B spot though.

Hones is an interesting idea, I haven’t seen much of him, but I remember once or twice seeing him running off the back line with pace and having a good kick, so it has surprised me that he is somewhat on the outer.

Garcia is a solid pick

If we trade Owies and delist Fantasia, we need to add a capable small forward option, you’ve included Williams and Motlop in the best 22, both will have missed a seasons worth of footy this year, we would be taking a huge gamble here losing two smalls.
That's why I'd still be very keen on Berry in the draft. He'll play very early on as a small forward, would just about guarantee it. Think he ends up that Rankine/Papley style Mid/Fwd, has lightning pace and kicks well off both feet. Still hope Durdin will get his body right and get back to 2022 form where he really impacted games when he was fit.

If he's not there Travaglia or Lindsay would be amazing, not sure if either will make it too far past 10 though.

Liked Jamaine Jones as an option end of 2022, still like him now as an UFA

I agree, we do have better alternatives, but I also don't think Binns would be miles behind Oli.
It's only an opinion, as opposed to the old chestnut "Voss knows better, so it can't be any other way'

If we win the flag this year, then no doubt that is true...but if we don't, then it is perfectly acceptable to question club decisions.

People are allowed to post whatever whacko jacko opinion they like- everyone is allowed to post any opinion they like and all opinions are equal - now that the politics and nonsense has been dealt with.

Lets have a look at your posted opinion shall we? Because reading an opinion and having a response to an opinion os what forum discussion is supposedly about.

You call the Club's view on decisions and people who are of the opinion that the Club must know best - as peddling a 'hairy chestnut POV" and that is just fine after all it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

THEN you go on to say - Iunless the Club wins a flag YOUR opinion about BINNS must have been correct - clearly implying because NOT picking BINNS would have been the difference between winning a flag or not...

well that is your opinion and every opinion posted is equal.

Thanks for sharing your logic and rationale.

I disagree with your opnion.

2nd year blues is a real thing in AFL - Ollie will be fine.

:thumbsu:

2nd year blues is a real thing in AFL - Ollie will be fine.

:thumbsu:
Ollie needs a “window” to genuinely build his body. He also needs to be managed like a young player, not expected to run 14km at high speed week in week out. Needs a couple of sub rotations and we do need to task and trust a couple more players with the role.

Doc returning in 2025 and likely the Campo boys in wing rotations will help. If Binns is not getting games, he needs to be given another role or traded.

Our somewhat unimaginative game style having our wingers running relentlessly to cover a proliferation of mids who are either unwilling, or struggle to run defensively.

Ollie has spectacular peripheral vision and game sense. Other than strength his only real weakness is over thinking kicks and coming unstuck delaying to try to balance for the perfect pass. He is elite by hand in close, but is not great at improvised kicks leading to delay. IMO he suffers by trying not to just bomb the ball, when some occasions demand it.

People are allowed to post whatever whacko jacko opinion they like- everyone is allowed to post any opinion they like and all opinions are equal - now that the politics and nonsense has been dealt with.

Lets have a look at your posted opinion shall we? Because reading an opinion and having a response to an opinion os what forum discussion is supposedly about.

You call the Club's view on decisions and people who are of the opinion that the Club must know best - as peddling a 'hairy chestnut POV" and that is just fine after all it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

THEN you go on to say - Iunless the Club wins a flag YOUR opinion about BINNS must have been correct - clearly implying because NOT picking BINNS would have been the difference between winning a flag or not...

well that is your opinion and every opinion posted is equal.

Thanks for sharing your logic and rationale.

I disagree with your opnion.
Nope.
I was was implying that any decision contrary to the club's one, is simply, and often challenged(on this forum), with the quote..."well the club always knows better, and therefor is never wrong".

I merely stated that the seasons end result is the ultimate answer(right or wrong) to these challenges.

The selection of Binns is a side issue, and like I said, I believe there are stronger wing combinations than either Binns or Oli.(but either could be selected without losing anything)

I sincerely appreciate your opinion and disapproval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back