List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We donā€™t need drastic changes. No one will be retiring this year and we arenā€™t an old playing list.

Can see us trading next years 1st and something else for a player maybe like Bergman. Can also see us taking a player like Conor Stone from gws who is playing extremely well in their 2s and plays as a mid sized forward who can run through the middle.

Rumour floated this week on our board that we may take a small forward in the draft by the name of Jesse Dattoli. Looks quick, and can also play some midfield minutes by all reports. Likes to take the game on. But Iā€™d think he wouldnā€™t be our 1st pick if we did actually have a top 10 pick.

So it could be as simple as adding:
Bergman
Stone
Pick 10
Campos x 2
Dattoli

Giving up:
All of our 2024 and our 1st and 2nd picks for 2025.

Keeps us in the window, adds some quality and a bit more speed. Also focuses on bringing in youth.
Dattoli looks elite one of the most underrated players in the draft wouldnā€™t be suprised if the blues do pick him up with there first pick as a small forward and also to add some x- factor to there midfield.
Where did you hear the rumour of them going to take him ?

Go get Rosas from GCS playing as a sub and in the ressies. He'd offer plenty as a lightning quick small forward and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Jamaine Jones as a FA would be one id look at too. Good skills, tough and fast. Isn't the highest production player but we don't need him to be. Can play HB, wing or HF.

Just please anyone with some speed to get loose out the back or keep up with a Bobby Hill type
Rosas is a big yes, but Jones is a big no, he does not have great skills at all, and will likely be delisted (rightly) at the end of the year.

I can't like this post enough. I think you're underselling Cowan by not mentioning him and believe he'll be a dead set best 22 player from next year onward.

Absolutely. I only didnā€™t mention him because he didnā€™t play tonight but heā€™s the other one who has natural defender nous. I like him a lot.

I have no issue with Saad, he is wonderful footballer. He saves multiple goals every game by his ability to read the play. The rest of your analysis is fair however.

I have no issues with Saad as a defender either. Heā€™s one of my favourites. I only mentioned that when he gets overly defensive he loses what heā€™s essentially in defence for.. to run and carry and provide us rebound. Absolutely agree that Gov also is not a defender but Iā€™m OK with him being there if we had a 2nd KPD. He should fly third man up and help out and still play with his attacking style. Heā€™s one of the only guys who takes the risky kick rather than the short sideways nothing kick. Overall the backline just feels like it lacks natural defenders or guys with the right footy IQ to know correct body work, the right time to attack etc.

In fairness to Owies, whilst heā€™s certainly no Pickett or Stengle, heā€™s likely to end up with 30+ goals for the year which is pretty good.

Cottrell has gone backwards this year. Injuries no doubt played a part but he needs to improve next season or heā€™ll be gone.
Cottrell was really good pre injury this year.

Since he came back, its coincided with the side losing form totally. I mean you could blame him, but he isn't the sole reason we are losing.

As for Owies, again the side is playing rubbish at the moment, basically no one outside of Cripps, Weitering, Gov, Hewett and maybe Kennedy are playing anywhere near the level we'd expect. So lesser players like Owies and Cotters go from being great role players when the side is going well, to looking like list cloggers when the side isn't.

Because stats.

30 of the most inconsequential possessions youā€™ve ever seen.

Worst #1 pick since all our other ordinary #1 picks.
The Walsh in the finals last year was one of the best players in the league. The one at present is a long way from that. Someone in the club needs to work out how we get last year's version back.

People have short memories re Walsh. He is curtailed by injury, thats obvious, even though he is out there. We saw from the bye onwards last year how good he was, and was player of the finals series last year too.

We need to get the back issues sorted out with him, that is the issue. Guy is an out and out gun when he is fully right.

Yes doing a sacrifice for the team fronting up each weekā€¦but heā€™s doing his reputation damage and he is hurting the team as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO our List is our BIGGEST issue. Some A grade talent (that I may have overrated) but we fall away badly

We lack pace
We lack high level skilled players. Even good skilled players
To many injury prone players
To many risky picks
Why do we keep giving average players longer deals and extensions?

I said before we need at least 8-10 changes at years end

Because stats.

30 of the most inconsequential possessions youā€™ve ever seen.

Worst #1 pick since all our other ordinary #1 picks.

Walsh is a star.
Missed 12 weeks early in year and still looks hampered to me.
Get him injury free and a full pre season and watch him step up

I think heā€™s trying to do to much in a side that is sinking

True but I feel these scenarios are just putting band aids on a gun shot wound.

Adding pace and ball use from the back half/wing isnā€™t a band aidā€¦.its removing the bullet fragment on the operating table

We got sliced through 3 times from kick ins with pace and forward running that shifted our defence out of positionā€¦

I wouldnā€™t mind a winger or HBF with some toe so we could also run through the middle

Adding pace and ball use from the back half/wing isnā€™t a band aidā€¦.its removing the bullet fragment on the operating table

We got sliced through 3 times from kick ins with pace and forward running that shifted our defence out of positionā€¦

I wouldnā€™t mind a winger or HBF with some toe so we could also run through the middle
But you are still bleeding all over the ground

IMO we have bigger issues than just a few players

IMO our List is our BIGGEST issue. Some A grade talent (that I may have overrated) but we fall away badly

We lack pace
We lack high level skilled players. Even good skilled players
To many injury prone players
To many risky picks
Why do we keep giving average players longer deals and extensions?

I said before we need at least 8-10 changes at years end

I feel this.

Our lack of pace would be alleviated somewhat if we could kick. Countless times we got on the break last night only for the receiver to have to stop and backtrack or sit under the ball. Its painful.

They have their faults too... but Bergman, McGreery etc... i'd happily take a hit and move a Kennedy/Cerra/Owies/Hewitt/Cottrel for some more speed.

Newman Weitering Mcgovern
Saad X Boyd
Acres Hewett Walsh
Elijah Charlie Fogarty
Williams Harry Martin(Kemp)

TDK Cripps Kennedy

Cerra, Motlop, Cincotta, X

For the life of me I can't work out why this wasn't the goal structure from round 1. We have 5 mids and don't know how to involve them? How bout put them where they're ****ing best. Kennedy and Crippa belting through stoppage. Cerra off the back and Walsh on a wing. Cerra and Walsh rotate with each other. Kennedy and Hewett rotate.

Kemp vs Martin for the tthird all should've been ****ing obvious as soon as Jsos went down.

There is no room for cotters in this team.

Next man up becomes quite simple. Fog or Williams injured? Owies or motlop in. Saad injured? Billy Wilson or Cowan in. Acres or Walsh injured? Ollie Hollands or Binns in.

Cripps injured? Hewett full time centre square and Carroll or Lord in.

The only ****ing hole is second tall defender but apparently that gap has caused the MC to shit their pants.

Newman Weitering Mcgovern
Saad X Boyd
Acres Hewett Walsh
Elijah Charlie Fogarty
Williams Harry Martin(Kemp)

TDK Cripps Kennedy

Cerra, Motlop, Cincotta, X

For the life of me I can't work out why this wasn't the goal structure from round 1. We have 5 mids and don't know how to involve them? How bout put them where they're ****ing best. Kennedy and Crippa belting through stoppage. Cerra off the back and Walsh on a wing. Cerra and Walsh rotate with each other. Kennedy and Hewett rotate.

Kemp vs Martin for the tthird all should've been ****ing obvious as soon as Jsos went down.

There is no room for cotters in this team.

Next man up becomes quite simple. Fog or Williams injured? Owies or motlop in. Saad injured? Billy Wilson or Cowan in. Acres or Walsh injured? Ollie Hollands or Binns in.

Cripps injured? Hewett full time centre square and Carroll or Lord in.

The only ****ing hole is second tall defender but apparently that gap has caused the MC to shit their pants.

If the coach cant field "X" then you dont get to either. Fill the gaps.

You want Cerra and Walsh rotating off Wing/Halfback? So they go from the hardest running position on the field to having to defend the second hardest running position on the field?

Billy who? Or is this 2024s "we would be winning if .... played"?

Kemp forward? Sure, its not like we've spent 4 odd years developing him as a defender. Lets "Weitering" him and waste 2 more looking lost up forward. MAYBE an pinch hitter Ashley Hunter style.

The rest is same old.

Still a slow midfield.
Still slow on the Wings with rubbish disposal.
Still Slow up forward, Martin pressures ok.. as does Fog but they all get run off.

You've tossed some magnets around but nothing has improved because the entire list has the same strengths and weaknesses.

Please tell me these Camporeale boys can run?! So far they read as Acres/Kennedy clones.

The only position we really need to fill is KPD. FB ideally, Weiters to CHB (quarter back).

Barrass or J. McGovern obvious good fits. Barrass younger and more durable, but either frankly.

Quick outside mid too - is the Lord kid quick? I've heard him compared to Newcombe?

3rd or 4th tall - JSOS back, but as a back up or throw Moir in after a tough pre season for the kid....he'll be a player.

Spend the summer boxing and seeing a sports pysch.... all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back