List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club is interested in Liam Ryan.

Sides generally don't trade best 22, unless they want out
While often true, our list is in an odd predicament having so much cash tied up in quality players already and quality father sons on the horizon that don't fit the bill for filling current list holes. If SOS was still in charge I think we'd see some eyebrow raising moves end of year.

For better or for worse (my opinion is better) Austin seems to be more on the conservative side of list managers... So I wouldn't be surprised to see very stock standard delistings/trades end of year without anything that throws a spanner in the works.

While often true, our list is in an odd predicament having so much cash tied up in quality players already and quality father sons on the horizon that don't fit the bill for filling current list holes. If SOS was still in charge I think we'd see some eyebrow raising moves end of year.

For better or for worse (my opinion is better) Austin seems to be more on the conservative side of list managers... So I wouldn't be surprised to see very stock standard delistings/trades end of year without anything that throws a spanner in the works.

Austin is more conservative, even with the players he drafts (high floors, less bust types), but that doesn't mean it's worse

I get the feeling that some names might surprise

Was rumoured earlier in the year that Houston was potentially gettable. If so he'd be my number 1 target. His ball use would transform us.

Jack Silvagni remembers it like it was yesterday.

It was the under-10s Grand Final, and Silvagni along with best mate and this week’s Rising Star nominee, Dan Houston, was playing for the Greythorn Falcons.
Get it done!

My dream haul which would potentially require moving on Owies, Kennedy, Carroll types. Trade in 2025 pick for a 2nd bite at the first round and try to package up some late picks/players to get them in range of Berry and Travaglia. Then load up for Cody Walker in 2026 and any NGA boys who make the grade like Ison, Gresham etc.

DFA - James Borlase
Trade - Malcolm Rosas (Owies pick)
Draft - Joe Berry (10-15), Tobie Travaglia (13-18)

FB: Tobie Travaglia - Jacob Weitering - Adam Saad
HB: Nic Newman - James Borlase - Mitch McGovern

C: Blake Acres - Patrick Cripps - Sam Docherty

HF: Joe Berry - Charlie Curnow - Elijah Hollands
FF: Zac Williams - Harry McKay - Malcolm Rosas

R: Tom Dekoning - Sam Walsh - Lachie Cowan

I/C: Jack Silvagni - Adam Cerra - Lachie Fogarty

Finally have some pace around the ground and some genuine dare on the flanks, may take 12 months to come on but I think it gives us the best chance of success over the next 2-4 years during our Cripps/Curnow/Weiters/McKay window. All in on this group.

Borlase/a second KPD who'd come cheap, would be a range of options out there. Borlase, Howard, DGB, Edwards, JWilliams, Haynes etc. Just anyone to get Kemp out of there and into a more natural position for him, don't want him losing any more confidence as I think his talent is huge and is detrimental to feed him to the wolves down back.

Rosas or Liam Ryan as a hybrid small/medium fwd. Rosas is lightning quick and a good finisher, Ryan has questions over his body these days but at his best is a Martin level talent equivalent.

Berry and Travaglia give us speed, dare, foot skills and are ultra competitive. Don't see it happening but I'd move heaven and earth to get the two of them for our future.

Want to see Cow developed as an on baller which is why I'd be open to a Kennedy move (even though he's a fantastic depth piece, he's just too similar to our other mids imo), defensive nous is elite, has good break away speed and a thumping kick. Would like to see him as at least a rotation at stages in 2025 if he's ready to step up.
I am resigned to not getting mature trades in. We can’t do it all. Somewhere, some how a maturish KPD from up the bush would be a godsend on the rookie list. Thinking we take a short term hit to get some quality kids on the books. Desperately need another key, and we must take at least one shot at a quality running mid and/or forward.

Berry would be a dream, failing him, Xavier Lindsay (would love both) would be a great return with our first.

Non negotiable, I want a young KPD, or at least a swingman type. Happy enough to use a second or third rounder as I consider Clancy Dennis a real option. Love the “romance” of O’Farrell’s family affiliation as well should he be gettable.

Might be as good as a 50/50 that we can get Lucas as a rookie, which would be a big win. Matt Duffy comes in at 194cm or perhaps a little taller now, to be developed as a player off a rookie list.

I am not a fan of Kemp being forced to play second tall defender, but has held up more often than not through the year. If we are forced to play that as our first option for a year or two, it is manageable. We must, however, support him and the other defenders with better two way running and pressure from upfield.

Genuine question?

By saying that, you have Austin in total charge of the list.

I have always said that the most important person at a club, and hence the highest paid, should be the one making the recruiting choices (and his/her team) and not the coach but .........

Where do recruiting decisions start and finish? Leigh Matthews admitted that he had no idea about recruiting but he could certainly coach. Other coaches like Sheedy were far more hands on.

Is there an end of season meeting, of coaches and recruiters, that addresses needs and then tasks Austin to recruit for purpose?

Genuine question?

By saying that, you have Austin in total charge of the list.

I have always said that the most important person at a club, and hence the highest paid, should be the one making the recruiting choices (and his/her team) and not the coach but .........

Where do recruiting decisions start and finish? Leigh Matthews admitted that he had no idea about recruiting but he could certainly coach. Other coaches like Sheedy were far more hands on.

Is there an end of season meeting, of coaches and recruiters, that addresses needs and then tasks Austin to recruit for purpose?
I think the coach goes to the recruiting team and says I need this this and this to help address the list needs for what they envision, then the recruiter does their best to work in those parameters while also weighing up talent vs list fit etc.

I can't imagine Voss and the recruiting team would be that far away on our needs though, Stevie Wonder could see we are desperate for a 2nd KPD option and leg speed across the ground to help us transition the ball and apply defensive pressure away from the contest.

I think the coach goes to the recruiting team and says I need this this and this to help address the list needs for what they envision, then the recruiter does their best to work in those parameters while also weighing up talent vs list fit etc.

I can't imagine Voss and the recruiting team would be that far away on our needs though, Stevie Wonder could see we are desperate for a 2nd KPD option and leg speed across the ground to help us transition the ball and apply defensive pressure away from the contest.
Would love to be a fly on the wall.

We seem to be prone to overkill.

Need wingers. Trade Acres draft Ollie and Binns in one off season

Half backs Free agent Williams, trade Saad. MSD Boyd. SSP Cincotta. Subsequently draft Cowan then Wilson and M.Carroll.

Anyone who thinks Fantasia wasn’t Voss and Lord wasn’t a Voss directive (type at least] is kidding themself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Ryan 0.9 goals a game.

Most other stats are average or below average.

I am resigned to not getting mature trades in. We can’t do it all. Somewhere, some how a maturish KPD from up the bush would be a godsend on the rookie list. Thinking we take a short term hit to get some quality kids on the books. Desperately need another key, and we must take at least one shot at a quality running mid and/or forward.

Berry would be a dream, failing him, Xavier Lindsay (would love both) would be a great return with our first.

Non negotiable, I want a young KPD, or at least a swingman type. Happy enough to use a second or third rounder as I consider Clancy Dennis a real option. Love the “romance” of O’Farrell’s family affiliation as well should he be gettable.

Might be as good as a 50/50 that we can get Lucas as a rookie, which would be a big win. Matt Duffy comes in at 194cm or perhaps a little taller now, to be developed as a player off a rookie list.

I am not a fan of Kemp being forced to play second tall defender, but has held up more often than not through the year. If we are forced to play that as our first option for a year or two, it is manageable. We must, however, support him and the other defenders with better two way running and pressure from upfield.
I’m in the Xavier Lindsay camp also. Think he will be a star.

We definitely need an influx of young talent but can see this year Austin burning picks in trades. The time to stroke for a premiership is now so it’s going to be a fine line and an interesting off season

The disresct to Walsh here is outstanding.

Big game player. Was Gary Ayres medallist for best finals player less than 12 months ago.

He is an out an out gun.

Has a slump in form and people want to trade him.

He is going to make those doubting him eat their words. The same way Cripps did when people said we should trade him, or he was past his best and become a journeyman.

Walsh is a star. He will be back to his best before long.

Would love to be a fly on the wall.

We seem to be prone to overkill.

Need wingers. Trade Acres draft Ollie and Binns in one off season

Half backs Free agent Williams, trade Saad. MSD Boyd. SSP Cincotta. Subsequently draft Cowan then Wilson and M.Carroll.

Anyone who thinks Fantasia wasn’t Voss and Lord wasn’t a Voss directive (type at least] is kidding themself.
If overkill gets us Berry and Travaglia I'm all for it. I don't mind the approach in general though, in a list with only a select few holes having multiple cracks at once may be a fairly good way of going about it. Then again we do have a few too many like for like types, but most predate Austin...

Yeah I hope rumour ain’t true …we’ve got to chase better than that.
I'd be absolutely fine with Ryan. End of the day if we're getting someone of his talent in, unless they have injury concerns/off field issues we won't be able to afford them.

Shai Bolton would be perfect but would be two top first round picks and a million a year in cash.

Just how it is in our position imo. Hopefully we can get a few good years out of him if it did transpire

Will be playing for our VFL team this week

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

I'd be absolutely fine with Ryan. End of the day if we're getting someone of his talent in, unless they have injury concerns/off field issues we won't be able to afford them.

Shai Bolton would be perfect but would be two top first round picks and a million a year in cash.

Just how it is in our position imo. Hopefully we can get a few good years out of him if it did transpire
It’s unfortunate Williams has injury concerns too…he’s been so good up forward.

somehow we’ve got to bring in 3 good players …small forward, a mid and a KPD

Is there a rule to stop a player and club re negotiating a contract so it ends and makes the player a free agent?

WC for example would benefit more if Gov, Barass or Ryan were free agents.

It’s unfortunate Williams has injury concerns too…he’s been so good up forward.

somehow we’ve got to bring in 3 good players …small forward, a mid and a KPD
Cheap trades, hit the draft hard and look at FA's and state league. We should be able to fill the holes, it's just a matter of whether they'll be high enough quality/come on early enough to impact our results in 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back