List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Marchbank wants out, he is a hold. Changes the dynamic of our back line when he’s in. New high performance guru gets him right, look out. Talent is undeniable and plays with aggression, which we certainly lack in defence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Unless Cuningham wants out, he is a hold. Changes the dynamic of our fwd line when he’s in. New high performance guru gets him right, look out. Talent is undeniable and plays with aggression, which we certainly lack fwd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jack Lukosius is obviously very talented, should thrive in a new environment. He is stagnating, just as Rankin has done he’ll excell elsewhere. Exceptional footballers are as rare as hen’s teeth.
One can dream.

If it’s not someone like Ryan, then who is it to lift our small/medium forwards to the next level? Conor Stone at GWS some have mentioned around in here as a medium type we could target, Konstanty at Syd sounds talented and also been mentioned in here, another small/medium type. Pick 15 and 20 respectively, they obviously have something in their locker that got them there. But are they the answer?

Who else is obtainable this year? just feel we can’t neglect this position/s, especially if we let Owies go.
As I said, KPD is a must but these are as important, our mid-fwd connection sucks and we don’t capitalise at ground level when Charlie and Harry spill the mark due to poor footy IQ and positioning at the drop. I’ve been frustrated by it all too much.

Reckon in our setting, with our players around him, Lukosius, for the right price, would be a good get.

And just realised he’s only 24!

Imagine him up forward next to Charlie & McKay? Or in defence helping Weitering? Build his engine could be gun wingman like Acres

Peter Wright was thought of as soft etc and went to Bombers and won a B&F. Elijah looks a different player. Rankine has stepped up.

Not sure GCS gets the best out of it’s players

Tempting but due diligence needed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine him up forward next to Charlie & McKay? Or in defence helping Weitering? Build his engine could be gun wingman like Acres

Peter Wright was thought of as soft etc and went to Bombers and won a B&F. Elijah looks a different player. Rankine has stepped up. Not sure GCS gets the vets out of it’s players

Tempting but due diligence needed
Agree. Lots of ceiling if he got his head/approach right.

I'd love to have him in the side, but if we got him we'd not be able to get a KPB, which we need more imo
I'm not suggesting we trade for a player with a 5 yr contract, that's madness.
I just want our disposal to improve.
Hopefully Cowan will step up into a similar role.
Given time, I think Cowan will be a quality player in whatever role he's given.

Whoever signed Pitto up for 4 years just proves that Carlton didn't cull all the dead wood in the Club in their clean out a few years ago. Perhaps the same person who gave SOS a new contract a couple of weeks before Voss began at the Club..?

If you want to win a flag ... you have to tick all the boxes .. and recruiting is a big box to tick.
Someone obviously believes they are doing a great job at Carlton... <cough>
For all the crap that SOS has copped over the years, let's just remember that he picked Weitering at 1 when some draft experts thought Schache was better.
He also took not 1 but 2 Coleman medallists after Francis and Weidemann were picked.
The sky is not falling!

I wouldn't be happy about Carlton taking any top Players away from Gold Coast.
Lukosius was our draft option when choosing Walsh.
When I look at the Players who Gold Coast have lost ... I cringe ... and then think about the team they might have been with the talent that they lost.

Edit: When I mentioned SOS ... I meant Jack ... Son Of Stephen ... not Son Of Sergio

Last edited:
There's been a suggestion that we're into West Coast's Liam Ryan.
Very talented footballer but I really can't see us getting it done unless we use future picks because he is still under contract.

Whoever signed Pitto up for 4 years just proves that Carlton didn't cull all the dead wood in the Club in their clean out a few years ago. Perhaps the same person who gave SOS a new contract a couple of weeks before Voss began at the Club..?

If you want to win a flag ... you have to tick all the boxes .. and recruiting is a big box to tick.
Someone obviously believes they are doing a great job at Carlton... <cough>

The reasons have been done to death:
  • TDk was out of contract and no certainty at the time to re-sign or become the player he has since become
  • Pittonet had offers from other clubs at the time
  • the extended term we gave him probably meant less dollars per season for the extra certainty
  • being under contract means clubs have to offer something decent to get him off us

End of the day he is our No.2 ruckman behind TDK, so when TDK is fit Pitto plays 2s. I’d say he’d be one of the best No.2 ruckman at a club in the league.

The list management has been average - we’ve held onto injury prone players too long and we have a glaring lack of tall defenders - but the ruck space is one area we have done well.

Not sure I see Lukosius as a player that drops his lip when not getting his way, but something isn’t right up at the Suns and hasn’t been since they started. They’re a worse version of St Kilda and North (I know right, that seems impossible but it’s true). If you had played there for 6 years and see no improvement, it would be hard not to give 100% every game because none of the others up there do let’s face it.

His kicking is off the charts good and we need more of that rather than our constant bombs forward.

If we could take Lukosius off their hands for a late 2nd or so, I think we could find gold.

Kid hasn’t even hit his prime yet and sticking with Cripps over Summer could be extremely rewarding.

It’s time we backed ourselves in to get the best out of him.

If it’s not someone like Ryan, then who is it to lift our small/medium forwards to the next level? Conor Stone at GWS some have mentioned around in here as a medium type we could target, Konstanty at Syd sounds talented and also been mentioned in here, another small/medium type. Pick 15 and 20 respectively, they obviously have something in their locker that got them there. But are they the answer?

Who else is obtainable this year? just feel we can’t neglect this position/s, especially if we let Owies go.
As I said, KPD is a must but these are as important, our mid-fwd connection sucks and we don’t capitalise at ground level when Charlie and Harry spill the mark due to poor footy IQ and positioning at the drop. I’ve been frustrated by it all too much.

Rachele. Give them our future first and Moir to get him. Kid loves kicking goals, has pace and loves playing in Melbourne.

He’d cost no more than Hayward so we should be able to pay his salary. I’d be willing to lose Owies to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back