List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference between downgrade and not up to it
I could make the same argument for every side in the competitions back up key when injuries hit Brisbane Joyce, Swans Francis, Dogs Keath, Pies Frampton, Power Ratagolea (forced to play forward he was that bad), Demons Tomlinson the list goes on, I don’t rate Young highly but he is in a similar bracket to all these players no side in the comp maybe apart from the giants has ready genuine quality back up key defenders ready to step up.

I could make the same argument for every side in the competitions back up key when injuries hit Brisbane Joyce, Swans Francis, Dogs Keath, Pies Frampton, Power Ratagolea (forced to play forward he was that bad), Demons Tomlinson the list goes on, I don’t rate Young highly but he is in a similar bracket to all these players no side in the comp maybe apart from the giants has ready genuine quality back up key defenders ready to step up.

So we shouldn't try then?

so having two does work?
It’s one side and as I said it only works if one of the key defenders is an elite athlete or has elite closing speed, Liam Jones has genuine speed probably the quickest key defender in the competition over 20 meters.

If we can get Haynes on a low contract as a FA, we can still trade in another player with future draft capital. I wouldn't mind if we put up our future 1st if we could get a quality younger player, with some change coming back our way.

Here's my current wishlist for this year - which hopefully isn't outrageous.

FA - Nick Haynes
Trade - Konstanty/Stone/Rosas
1st round - Joe Berry
F/S - Ben Campo
3rd round - Charlie McCartin

Rookie - Lucas Campo (F/S)
Rookie - Liam McMahon

Also rookie list Christian Mardini if there are any list spots remaining.

So it can work?
Try and find another 196cm plus key defender available to play alongside Weitering who while a gun is the slowest key defender in the competition, my original point still stands no side plays two 196cm plus key defenders in modern football without one having elite speed. Haynes at 194cm and agile is a much better option and suits modern football.

On a side note let’s wait and see how lobb handles finals pressure at chb so far it’s been 6 weeks and he’s been good but I’m not 100% convinced on him.

Try and find another 196cm plus key defender available to play alongside Weitering who while a gun is the slowest key defender in the competition, my original point still stands no side plays two 196cm plus key defenders in modern football without one having elite speed. Haynes at 194cm and agile is a much better option and suits modern football.

On a side note let’s wait and see how lobb handles finals pressure at chb so far it’s been 6 weeks and he’s been good but I’m not 100% convinced on him.

We are also talking about a List not best 22. You need at least 2 decent KPDs on a List

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the story with lachie okeefe at gws. Could he be a mature key defender option.

I don’t know what standard he was playing when he got pushed out of gws team but l would imagine he might be available. Is he an upgrade on L. Young. Is he worth looking at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
What’s the story with lachie okeefe at gws. Could he be a mature key defender option.

I don’t know what standard he was playing when he got pushed out of gws team but l would imagine he might be available. Is he an upgrade on Lewis young. Is he worth looking at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
must be pushing 40?

Without a doubt, the tall defender we bring in needs to have pace and be a good two way runner and intercept mark. We need a CHB. Not a fullback which Weitering is. If they have good height that is a bonus. If their running capacity is not all that great, then our team defence and midfield pressure needs to be really good which it isn't.

Maybe we need to get creative if we can't land a viable KPD, perhaps other UFAs

Could E Himmelberg or Jeka play KPD

Personally, I'd prefer these guys in order, Edwards, Howard, both OOC

Available end of 2025, could we get them a year earlier

Murray, Balta

What about Collins or Ballard? Both FA next year, regardless of names i hope we are pushing hard at a quality target

Is he even a KPP, I would have thought he is a good swingman who can play as a 3rd tall forward but not as your main KPP.

Similar to our own number 1
He's tall enough. In our backline he would play CHB which athletically he has the profile for. Weitering is the full back, he takes the bigger stronger forwards who generally play closer to home.

Swingman is a sign someone is a quality player. Stephen Silvagni was a swingman.

I don't know what his defensive skills are like. First glance he is of interest that is for sure. Age is on the money.

Is he a better key defender than Lewis Young?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back