List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you might be right, but no harm in keeping an open mind on positional changes.
If I remember correctly, when Liam Jones was not working out for us as a forward, there were more than a few negative comments for various reasons in trying him down back.

By all means, if we are trialing any of them, let's do it in the VFL first like we did with Jones

That goes for the likes of Kemp as a forward, which I prefer, give him preseason and a block of games in the VFL

I probably should expand on my suggested list management calls because the whole
Picture is important.

I’d do the following:
  • Delist Marchbank, Cuningham, Martin and S Durdin.
  • Trade out Owies to Fremantle for their 2024 R2DP.
  • Trade out Carroll to West Coast for their 2024 R4DP.
  • Trade out Pittonet to Adelaide for their 2024 R2DP.
  • Pick swap R2DP from Adelaide (received for Pittonet) for 2 x R3DP from Richmond.
  • Trade in Rachele for 2024 R1DP, R2DP (received for Owies) and Moir.
  • Trade in J McGovern for our 2025 R2DP.
  • Trade in Nick Haynes for our 2024 4RDP.
  • Trade in Lachlan McAndrews for our 2024 4RDP.
  • Upgrade Boyd to the main list.
  • Draft O’Farrell using our R2DP.
  • Draft B Camporeale using 2 x R3DP (via Richmond pick swap) and 1 x R4DP from West Coast (via Carroll trade) and our 4RDP.
  • Draft L Camporeale and one other in the Rookie draft.

IMO this balances our squad:
- Weitering, J McGovern, O’Farrell and Young as tall backs.
- M McGovern, Haynes and Akeui as third defender/interceptor who in an emergency only could play as second tall defender.
- Rachele is the explosive midfielder cum goalkicking small forward we currently don’t really have and really need (unless you count Cuningham).
- a repurposed Kemp and returning SOS can via for the medium forward role so we don’t have to rely on Martin anymore.
- maintain 4 rucks albeit without a standout backup acknowledging it’s going to be hard to have good backup when we have a clear No.1 in TDK.
- Campo twins to give us some depth in midfield and half back.
- Young can be retained as he essentially provides break glass depth for key forward, key back and ruck. Same reasoning for keeping Akeui who is starting to show something resembling promise.

This lets us keep the core top 10-12 players and our 2025 R1DP and we end up with a top 35 in 2025 as follows:

Best 22
Mitch/Weitering/Saad
Newman/Jeremy/Cowan
Docherty/Cripps/Acres
Elijah/Harry/Rachele
Fogarty/Charlie/Sos
Tdk/Hewett/Walsh
Cerra/Kennedy/Boyd/Williams

Best of the rest:
Kemp, Ollie, Motlop, Wilson, Binns, C Durdin, Lord, Cincotta, Haynes, Cottrell, McAndrews, Young and Fantasia
No fixes for our midfield group?

Something special about seeing a Silvagni at FB. Based on rumours/talk so far

B: Boyd Silvagni McGovern
HB: Bergman Weitering Docherty
C: Acres Cripps Wilson
HF: Elijah McKay Ryan
F: Motlop Curnow Lukosius
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Saad Williams Haynes (Hollands)
E: Kemp Newman O’Keefe Hewett

Doesn’t take much to make us look good on paper 😎
That’s one big trade period soap lol
I like it tho

His father was the greatest defender who gave his all for the navy blue. A true legend of the CFC.

Was rumoured earlier in the year that Houston was potentially gettable. If so he'd be my number 1 target. His ball use would transform us.

Do we really need another half back flanker? We have more pressing needs surely.

*Tall, KPD to help Weitering.

*Speedy midfielder who can kick.

*goalkicking medium forward who can mark.

I’m sure we could find it. Our Salary Cap is as good as it’s been in years and there is a big increase coming.

That has Melbourne getting Grundy (when they already had Gawn) written all over it doesn’t it Soap?

We need to find the $$ to secure TDK long term - surely we’re not paying TWO ruckman $800k +

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was rumoured earlier in the year that Houston was potentially gettable. If so he'd be my number 1 target. His ball use would transform us.

Dan Houston wants to leave Port Adelaide and play in Victoria in 2025, according to Kane Cornes.

AFL Media initially reported Houston’s interest in potentially leaving the Power, despite having four years to run on his contract.

Without a doubt, the tall defender we bring in needs to have pace and be a good two way runner and intercept mark. We need a CHB. Not a fullback which Weitering is. If they have good height that is a bonus. If their running capacity is not all that great, then our team defence and midfield pressure needs to be really good which it isn't.

Tom McDonald, elite runner who always plays on the Jeremy Cameron types.
Wouldn’t say he has “pace” but he’s not slow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because English is getting offers of 1m a season over 6-7 years. Where do we have that money?

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would be amazed if English has been offered a million a season for an extended period anywhere. Clubs aren’t stupid, the bloke has had multiple significant concussion episodes. His preseason was delayed by weeks because of the effects.

I am sure he has good offers, I would be amazed if he had offers that big. Scuttlebutt says clubs can’t write concussion “get out” clauses in. The risk is too great to go all chips in.

Luko was linked with ending up at Collingwood during the week.
Late pick in the 20’s the consensus about his worth.
Adelaide keen to hold onto their current picks for the ND which was about 5 & 27.

Haynes was a jet but injuries have not been kind of late. Limited games of note in recent seasons.
Can North tempt him with $ and tenure?

No fixes for our midfield group?

A full pre season for Walsh, get Cerra’s hammy right, build Elijah’s tank and defensive running, see what Lord and Wilson can do and hope Ben Campo can have a debut season like his old man. If we get Rachele I’d be planning to run him through the midfield rotation, maybe even Kemp. I reckon that’ll do it.

I raise you with an eye on the future...

FB: Travaglia Weitering Saad
HB: McGovern Haynes Newman
C: Acres Cripps Wood
HF: Berry Curnow E.Hollands
FF: Williams McKay Rosas
R: Dekoning Walsh Cowan

I/C: Silvagni Cerra Fogarty Docherty
(Hewett)

Emg: Boyd Kemp Motlop O.Hollands

A full pre season for Walsh, get Cerra’s hammy right, build Elijah’s tank and defensive running, see what Lord and Wilson can do and hope Ben Campo can have a debut season like his old man. If we get Rachele I’d be planning to run him through the midfield rotation, maybe even Kemp. I reckon that’ll do it.
Ben Campo is nothing like his old man, wouldn't be expecting him to play next season. He's a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back