List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon run and good ball use off HB is an issue for us. Houston is a star. If he wanted to come to us I would do it

Bergman may be a better option as only 21 and won't cost as much

If it’s an issue for us, target Cumming who will be free or as you said Bergman who will cost less $$$ and pick wise. We really lack run and carry out of defence, an improvement here would help our forwards too.

Nick Haynes is in his early 30s, isn't a Key Position back (plays similar to Kemp and McGovern) and has hamstrings with more scar tissue than Adam Cerra and Jack Martin combined.

WTF am I missing?!?

Why no interest in Jake Stringer or even Taylor Walker?

I know Stringer would slot in easily, I’m not as sure about Walker as a third tall but i think it’s worth discussing. No idea what type of deal Stringer wants, $$$$ or what he would cost, but Walker would be free and wouldn’t cost much.

Before anyone shoots down the idea of Stringer, he’s a third tall type forward/half forward who averages 1.74 goals a game, over a long career.

Just checked, both are free agents.
3 behinds for Stringer in the 4th last night

Embarrassed Shame GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Wilson stays fit and plays rest of the season and then has a great pre season

Has everything we need and looks an AFL player. He's a beauty
Hopefully he has a body type/metabolism that will respond to a big preseason because he could be the pod we need without trading an established player in?
If we could add some burst speed to that midfield mix we'd be damn near unbeatable.

Nick Haynes is in his early 30s, isn't a Key Position back (plays similar to Kemp and McGovern) and has hamstrings with more scar tissue than Adam Cerra and Jack Martin combined.

WTF am I missing?!?
If he plays only 10 games next year but they include a premiership, I'd be happy! Lol

For me it’s Bergman. If he wants to get to Victoria, we should be putting our hat in the ring.

He’s just at it hard and uses it pretty well most of the time. A midfield role is beckoning for him with the Blues.

Give me Bergman and Stone and I’ll be very happy.

Think Bergman is usually a bit of a ball butcherer.
Do like him as a player and talk that he might be eyeing off a return to VIC.

C.Stone only getting limited opportunities and GWS do like drafting forwards to further put the squeeze on positions.

I reckon run and good ball use off HB is an issue for us. Houston is a star. If he wanted to come to us I would do it

Bergman may be a better option as only 21 and won't cost as much
If he came to our club, unfortunately it would have to be at the expense of Newy or Doc, because that's the role he'd be taking up. As we are still in dire need to fill a KPD position, I vote we dont go after him because we wouldnt have the cap space I'd have thought. I guess we'll see how it pans out after the season is over.

If it’s an issue for us, target Cumming who will be free or as you said Bergman who will cost less $$$ and pick wise. We really lack run and carry out of defence, an improvement here would help our forwards too.
I.Cumming has entered the perennially injured basket. Hamstring issues and hefty stints out. Thought that was cause for angst amongst most supporters and ultimately AR.

Have heard him linked to GCFC, PTA (along with Perryman > HFC?) & Freo.

Our team is simply not good enough to be able to carry these types on the list.
We really need to do better in terms of pursuing players that are in an appropriate age bracket, fill existing needs and aren’t A graders that will come with a hefty price tag.

30+ year olds that aren’t KPPs is just a wasted list spot.

He’s a Delisted Free Agent, so we can sign him to the senior list. But if we want him as a rookie, have to wait to the rookie draft or SSP
That's not first access, that's a bidding war same as everyone else, so cheers for the earlier react. He's not worth a senior list spot unless we're moving on Lemmey, and I'd argue Lemmey is going to overtake him over the next 12 months unless McMahon magically puts on 5kgs and starts covering a lot more territory in games.

At this stage, I wouldn't take him at all, and I'd never play him unless Charlie was out.

I.Cumming has entered the perennially injured basket. Hamstring issues and hefty stints out. Thought that was cause for angst amongst most supporters and ultimately AR.

Have heard him linked to GCFC, PTA (along with Perryman > HFC?) & Freo.
He's extremely athletic and talented, and worth looking into as a free hit. SA and Vic clubs are the most likely destinations, and the SA clubs have been putting a lot of work in.

Perennially injured is a gross overstatement as well: he played 24 games in 2021, and 21 each in 2022 and 2023. 8 games at all levels this year.

Can play HB & wing, suits our needs perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back