List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we're at or anywhere near a situation where we should be looking at guys 30 plus with current injury issues or significant injury history.

Fitzroy lumped themselves with these sorts of players for years before we were completely done and it always ended in tears.

Surely we can get a bit more creative than that. I'd rather get it wrong giving a younger fit player an opportunity than a has been the opportunity to extend their career. We tried with Gunston. All that did was prevent the development of someone else

Truth be told, after giving it plenty of thought I reckon Sam Day is the one. Is old, but seemed to get his body right last year. If he can have another big pre season, I think we could see some of his best football in 2025 as a ruck forward. Before all his injuries, he had so much promise. We saw with Zorko this year what an older guy can do with a clean bill of health - probably the best gamble of the bad bunch.

Truth be told, after giving it plenty of thought I reckon Sam Day is the one. Is old, but seemed to get his body right last year. If he can have another big pre season, I think we could see some of his best football in 2025 as a ruck forward. Before all his injuries, he had so much promise. We saw with Zorko this year what an older guy can do with a clean bill of health - probably the best gamble of the bad bunch.
Zorks is a champ Nunez , still played good footy when he was injured.

I gotta say I hate all the suggestions of washed up hasbeens or couldabeens.

Rather go with the known unknowns.

Watching the trading day show on kayo and they suggested Richmond might give up 32, 42, 43, 45 and 51 for our pick 20. That would surprise me tbh. I know Richmond won't need them, but I'd be surprised if they were willing to make our job so easy.

If we swap 20 for those 5 picks and add 2 more picks of our own to take to draft, that's 7 picks. from delisting / retirement of Daniher, Lyons, Madden, Lane and Michael - we have 5 spots. So we can't take all 7 picks to draft.

May be we'll do 20 for 32, 42, 43. We go to draft with 5 picks then - 32, 42, 43, 60, 73. Once draft starts we swap a future second for 45 and 51 along with a nudge n wink so Richmond doesn't bid for pick 1 on Ashcroft. Heck, we can even swap both future second and third, take all of Richmond's remaining picks - 45, 51, 61,70. It gives us 2292 points in total.

Rayner moved closer to goals. (edit: he's almost the size of Lynch....only 2" height difference)

Levi straight into HFF/midfield rotation.

Zorko off i/c to play HFF.

Kiddy back to HB.

Done.

#Believe :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we swap 20 for those 5 picks and add 2 more picks of our own to take to draft, that's 7 picks. from delisting / retirement of Daniher, Lyons, Madden, Lane and Michael - we have 5 spots. So we can't take all 7 picks to draft.

May be we'll do 20 for 32, 42, 43. We go to draft with 5 picks then - 32, 42, 43, 60, 73. Once draft starts we swap a future second for 45 and 51 along with a nudge n wink so Richmond doesn't bid for pick 1 on Ashcroft. Heck, we can even swap both future second and third, take all of Richmond's remaining picks - 45, 51, 61,70. It gives us 2292 points in total.
Maybe we just leave any pick swaps until draft night.
Therefore we only go into the draft with the picks available for list spots required.

Zorks is a champ Nunez , still played good footy when he was injured.

I gotta say I hate all the suggestions of washed up hasbeens or couldabeens.

Rather go with the known unknowns.

You need to remember: it's not a matter of us taking in a bonafide best 22 key forward. It's a matter of having someone who can play the ruck forward role if Henry, Dizzy and Fort aren't the answers for season 2025.

Let's say only Smith and Dizzy are considered serious options for that role. Dizzy is coming back from an ACL meanwhile Smith - while having potential - is an unknown quantity. Let's say only one of the two are truly up to it next year... Then they get injured. Someone like Day would be a great insurance policy.

He should go down back. Lester might drop off with less motivation and getting older and he’d be first in if Payne got injured.

Has a long way to go to go from teams almost not sending a defender to him to providing any sort of marking target

Not saying I expect him to be the guy, but wouldn't surprise me if the club gives him the first crack. Hipwood could do the second rucking.

Still have a few guys we haven't committed to yet in Prior and Craven. Add a possible trade of Dev and/or Sharp. There are ways to make it work I think. Could see us take 6-7 picks to the draft if we get creative.

You need to remember: it's not a matter of us taking in a bonafide best 22 key forward. It's a matter of having someone who can play the ruck forward role if Henry, Dizzy and Fort aren't the answers for season 2025.

Let's say only Smith and Dizzy are considered serious options for that role. Dizzy is coming back from an ACL meanwhile Smith - while having potential - is an unknown quantity. Let's say only one of the two are truly up to it next year... Then they get injured. Someone like Day would be a great insurance policy.
Yeah I'm happy to have an insurance policy if it doesn't cost us.

I haven't seen enough of Lloyd to know where he's at but some good judges rate him and I met some of his family during the year and they're good people.

Very happy for their son to be with the Lions and heaped praise on Fagan fwwiw.

Probably for those in the know but from the outside it feels to me that the club has all but conceded on Ryan that he’s not remotely the answer. He’s never mentioned in any conversation since Joe retired in all the usual channels and given his age and profile, he should be. I’m the first to agree that he’s a bust and it feels to me that the club has conceded it got wrong with Brandon.

Yeah I'm happy to have an insurance policy if it doesn't cost us.

I haven't seen enough of Lloyd to know where he's at but some good judges rate him and I met some of his family during the year and they're good people.

Very happy for their son to be with the Lions and heaped praise on Fagan fwwiw.

I like Lloyd too. Think his versatility makes him an asset. That said, Morris is the exception to the rule. I don't think we could carry a forward line of Hipwood, Morris & Lloyd as our keys.

All things going well, really hope we get some handy insurance who can't get a game because Smith has well and truly arrived as a ruck who can create a contest up forward. His tap work would be very handy.

Probably for those in the know but from the outside it feels to me that the club has all but conceded on Ryan that he’s not remotely the answer. He’s never mentioned in any conversation since Joe retired in all the usual channels and given his age and profile, he should be. I’m the first to agree that he’s a bust and it feels to me that the club has conceded it got wrong with Brandon.

Needs a big pre season IMO. Injury hurt his pre season and given he was a guy who is so new to AFL level footy, was the kind of setback he couldn't really afford. I haven't written him off yet, but he is certainly not my first or second choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back