List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Good pairing with Wilmot because Zorko is a kicker and Wilmot is a runner.

Wilmot is starting to find his aggressive sprint off the mark. There were a couple of times he did it against Dogs last round and decided to run/burst full steam through packs. Exciting stuff, he'll get caught out here n there but needs to keep backing himself.

Signing Michael to a one year deal last year was a nice show of faith considering his injury history (with just the one game albeit with some strong competition for his best spot).

Unfortunately, with four years in the system, the writing is on the wall. Would be worth us keeping him in the VFL setup should nobody pick him up, with a view to re-drafting him down the track if his body holds up for an extended period.

Signing Michael to a one year deal last year was a nice show of faith considering his injury history (with just the one game albeit with some strong competition for his best spot).

Unfortunately, with four years in the system, the writing is on the wall. Would be worth us keeping him in the VFL setup should nobody pick him up, with a view to re-drafting him down the track if his body holds up for an extended period.
Being a local boy that could eventuate unless he tried his luck in the SANFL or elsewhere.

I suspect Carter may have been a bit like Doedee in that as they ramped up his training getting closer to a return this week that he’s sustained a recurrence of the injury which given the wording of the announcement sounds like it’s a long termed; hence why he’s immediate playing future is being discussed and will continue to be in here.

It's really hard luck for Michael, not only due to injury, but also that we're now absolutely stacked off half back after it being a major weakness back when he was drafted. I think Beecken coming in and looking impressive might have been the final nail in the coffin for him. Hope he finds a good home if he's delisted.

I know its just one game but based on the highlights I've seen - Beecken has all the good traits needed in modern game like overlap running, aggressive rebound, decent kicking skills and good pace.

I'd put him on that 18 month contract straightaway when his asset value is low. There is plenty to work with in terms of skillset. He'll be poached in no time if we ever delist him end of this year.

I know its just one game but based on the highlights I've seen - Beecken has all the good traits needed in modern game like overlap running, aggressive rebound, decent kicking skills and good pace.

I'd put him on that 18 month contract straightaway when his asset value is low. There is plenty to work with in terms of skillset. He'll be poached in no time if we ever delist him end of this year.
He looks a good AFL prospect in his one VFL game.
Similar to his highlight video.
No hurry to sign him in my opinion. Bad injuries can happen. No one will steal him until next year.
We are tight for list spots so need to make the right decisions.

Positions himself well, good mark, a penetrating kick
I like how he wants to get the handball receive and drive us forward.
However, he did have a tendency at times to leave his man and get too far forward and linger.
I noticed the runner came out to him and have a word. He was at HFF at the time.
He will fix that up as that trait can kill a side on turnover.

No hurry to sign him in my opinion. Bad injuries can happen. No one will steal him until next year.

However, he did have a tendency at times to leave his man and get too far forward and linger.
I noticed the runner came out to him and have a word. He was at HFF at the time.
Come on,he just wants a few snags as well !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i actually think zorko would be pretty close to aa selection if he keeps his form up across half back. people are still sleeping on just how good of a distributor he is. doesnt really break lines through his run but we have wilmot and mckenna for that.
The thing Im really appreciating about Zorko this year is not how far he is kicking the ball, but just how damn quick his decision making is. He marks, turns and kicks the next 25-30m ball so quick that the opposition doesnt get a chance to set up. He's not making the huge deadly kicks Kiddy is capable of but the speed of the ball movement is making up for it

Did we give a 26/27yr old with bugger all Afl experience in a key position role a 3yr contract? Gee's there must be a hell of a lot hidden potential in this bloke. 3yrs, I didn't realise it was for that long. A hail Mary all right. 2yrs max I'd have thought, extension after that if any good. I hope at least he's not on a heap of cash. Too right he should be used in the ruck as well.

If he is to come in if Joe gets injured, he's gotta be able to do some ruck work. Hippy not built for it, Morris a bit short to be effective, although both I'm sure would try their very best, otherwise it's left to O to do it all. It has to give Henry Smith the advantage over Ryan if Joe gets hurt.

Take out Morris from our list and even Lloyd and I’d say the decision makes more sense. We hadn’t drafted Morris yet and I also doubt we knew Gardiner would go forward either.

Based off his Hawthorn games I thought it was a good deal.

He’s on a 6 month rookie contract.

I believe that makes him an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.

He’s on a 6 month rookie contract.

I believe that makes him an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.
Thats probably correct.
Still no need to rush in and sign him for a longer period as some have suggested.
Let's see if he can maintain form and actually look like breaking into the AFL side first.

Berry’s impact isn’t lost on these Lions, particularly as he comes out of contract this year and is eligible to negotiate with rival clubs — albeit with the ‘restricted’ tag.

However, Zorko doesn’t believe the allure of free agency will tempt the 26-year-old away from Springfield.

“He’s a free agent at the end of the year, but I’m pretty confident he’ll be hanging around,” he exclusively told foxfooty.com.au.

Hugh McCluggage penned a mammoth seven-year extension last week to essentially ensure he remains in Brisbane for the length of his career. Will Berry follow suit?

“Well, given they’ve lived in each other’s back pockets for the last eight years, I’m pretty sure they’ll hang around together,” laughed Zorko, speaking of the pair’s bond.

Similarly to the aforementioned duo, the 35-year-old Zorko entered this season without a contract beyond 2024, but he has every intention of prolonging his AFL journey into a 14th year.

“I want to play on,” he stated.

“I think we’re still one of the youngest teams in the competition at the moment, so there’s so much growth still to come in this team.

“It was a bit of a slow, dry spell to start my career in a finals-sense — it certainly picked up in the last few years, and hopefully it can continue on, and I can be a part of that.

“I’m just happy to play whatever role I need to for the team. If that requires me to go forward at some stage, or in the midfield, I’m more than happy to do it.”
Good article with Dayne and a lot more to it in the link but pleasing to hear he wants to kick on in 25.

Dayne 300 will happen mark my words.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He deserves it, but he’d have to go into 2026 to get there. On 262 now with 11 games to go and hopefully 2-4 finals games so would need to play every game next year and finals if 25 was his last.

He deserves it, but he’d have to go into 2026 to get there. On 262 now with 11 games to go and hopefully 2-4 finals games so would need to play every game next year and finals if 25 was his last.
He might not get to 300, but will most likely get to 2nd place behind Black. Needs 20 more games for 2nd.

If he gets within 4-5 games I fully expect him to try again in 2026 and hope he can get the sub role to get over the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back