List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Am told their is a podcast called the footy with Broden Kelly, courtesy of oppo supporter in our best 22 thread.

Max Gawn was on as a guest and unprompted gave young Henry Smith a massive rap - as a ruckman of course.

Reckon we have only scratched the surface there.

Am told their is a podcast called the footy with Broden Kelly, courtesy of oppo supporter in our best 22 thread.

Max Gawn was on as a guest and unprompted gave young Henry Smith a massive rap - as a ruckman of course.

Interesting - haven't got to that one yet but it's on my list

Think young Smith will take time. He’s still only 22? Apparently still growing. Will be a year or two before he settles into his body. He has something about him for sure. I was at the Sydney game a few weeks ago and saw him up close. Massive lad and good mobility. Needs some confidence but that will come with time. He has something about him that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Joe. We wouldn't be premiers without you this season.

It does put us in a weird predicament. We don't have a ready made player and no draft capital to get one. But I'm assuming this frees up a heap of salary cap space.

Went looking for it it's on You Tube, yet to see it but Gawn supposedly said he could be the next great ruckman unsure why
Gawn involved in Dee’s recruitment IIRC. Pretty sure in a learning role. Wonder if there’s been discussions at the Dee’s about life post Max that involves young Henry?

Thanks Joe. We wouldn't be premiers without you this season.

It does put us in a weird predicament. We don't have a ready made player and no draft capital to get one. But I'm assuming this frees up a heap of salary cap space.

Yeah, we can’t replace Joe, but we can replace the structural gap he leaves.

The cap space will be used elsewhere I suspect. Rayner will attract a lot of interest as a free agent next year. So at worst we should be able to keep the vultures at bay a little.

I’d also be looking at getting Will Ashcroft on a long term contract. Don’t want Tassie Devils coming along in a couple of years offering him stupid money + the inaugural captaincy.

Yeah, we can’t replace Joe, but we can replace the structural gap he leaves.

The cap space will be used elsewhere I suspect. Rayner will attract a lot of interest as a free agent next year. So at worst we should be able to keep the vultures at bay a little.

I’d also be looking at getting Will Ashcroft on a long term contract. Don’t want Tassie Devils coming along in a couple of years offering him stupid money + the inaugural captaincy.
This is what i thank Joe for aswell. He could of left it another few weeks or even after trade period and retired then. At least he made up his mind early and gives us every chance moving forward.

Big void to fill but how did Fages/club didn’t know about this coming or did they just pretend that they didn’t?
I expect that they did but he hadn't made up his mind and didn't feel it was their place to talk for Joe or increase media speculation. Both things he would probably hate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back