List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a bit worried to hear Danny Daley say he didn’t know what he’s doing next year.
Is he gonski?
Am I overreacting?
😬

No. I'm going to BELIEVE he is just hedging for a pay rise with us.

But I believed joe would stay so my crystal ball is broken.

The problem with that is Eric has never shown enough ability to be the alpha up there. He’s a tall flanker and a good one at that, but not a number 1 tall.

Morris likewise will be a ripper, but again is undersized and if we go with that set up we’re now putting him on the 2nd key back as opposed to the third in only his second season of league footy.

I agree that the smalls/flanker types will have to play more of a role, but I think we need to be mindful of the fact that we have someone up there competent enough to at least create a contest for those guys to do their work.

Eric is now a premiership player. He'll walk taller and play with more confidence. It'll be the making of him.

See previous post about my broken crystal ball.

Would almost prefer to look at the state leagues for depth over bringing in a Casboult or Day type. Those guys are cooked.

Liam McBean or Hudson Garoni as depth alongside Brandon Ryan and play Henry Smith as a forward/backup ruck in the seniors.

Could Rayner be a permanent key forward? I think he could.

Rayner / Hipwood / Ah Chee
Cameron / Morris / Lohmann

That forward line can take us pretty far if you ask me.

With McCarthy, Bailey and potentially a 2nd ruck pinch hitting down there I think we can manage.
I have always wanted Rayner in that role as I think it suits him more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am told their is a podcast called the footy with Broden Kelly, courtesy of oppo supporter in our best 22 thread.

Max Gawn was on as a guest and unprompted gave young Henry Smith a massive rap - as a ruckman of course.

Reckon we have only scratched the surface there.
That’s one of my regular listens, the recent Max Gawn episode was really good. He also said O was the hardest ruckman in the league to play against and that Darcy Fort is far and away the best backup ruck in the comp

What about dev robbo back to the west coast and our future 1st for oscar allen? Could add something else in... only him and lynch could cover the ruck. Otherwise we will have to play the 2 ruck but big o will never be a good enuf kick to play forward

i cant recall the last time i was this sad at a retirement.

what a privilege it has been to watch daniher these last few years.

when i went to games, i noticed that joe was the forward line general, much like andrews is for the defenders. after any goal he is the one everyone goes to for direction and leadership. it has been interesting when articles come out on senior figures how active joe seemed to be in a leadership capacity at the club. that will be the hardest part to replace imo.

ill miss him dearly but very glad he got to go out on his own terms.

Eric is now a premiership player. He'll walk taller and play with more confidence. It'll be the making of him.

See previous post about my broken crystal ball.
IMG_0629.jpeg
You can borrow mine.

I will admit to being overly - and unfairly - critical of Joe in his first two years at the club. I didn't think that his output matched his potential, and with his nonchalant attitude, I was quite frustrated.
The past two seasons (and specifically after the Bulldogs loss early last year) have been nothing short of elite. The move to bring him into the game by rucking him on and off was a great piece of coaching, and I think we saw his craft there improve over time. I learned to love the entire Joe 'experience', and I thought he was fantastic in big games.

All the best to him in retirement. That GWS game in particular won't be forgotten.

Last edited:
What is it with 2mP - won Essendon's B&F last year and playing 2s this year? Maybe he needs the Fages trust...
Would be probably the best of those being discussed. More likely to be Casboult or Weideman who has also done some relief rucking and is a little younger.

LIONS' LIMITS AFTER JOE BLOW​

BRISBANE is limited on how it can approach replacing retiring star Joe Daniher given its need to trade pick 18 for draft picks to match bids on Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall.

Aside from the key forward market being bare, Daniher's exit after the Lions' Grand Final comes as the club's first pick is being put up for sale for more draft picks so they can match bids on father-son Ashcroft and Academy talent Marshall at November's Telstra AFL Draft.

Richmond is one of the clubs targeting Brisbane's pick 18, with the Tigers having ample later picks to bolster the Lions' draft hand. If a bid comes on Ashcroft in the top five and Marshall in the top 20, it will stretch Brisbane's points.

But the pair's arrival will make it difficult for the Lions to make any late play for a key forward of high-end quality to help fill the void left by Daniher, who kicked 58 goals this season and had a brilliant finals series for Brisbane.

Tiger Tom Lynch has continued to be linked as a trade target with one year to run on his contract but has pledged his future to Richmond, while the likes of Tim Membrey, Sam Day, Matt Taberner, Levi Casboult, Josh Schache and Matt Allison are among the tall forwards to have been either delisted or be without contracts for next year at their clubs.

Adelaide's Lachie Gollant, who had interest from North Melbourne last year, remains unsigned, while Bomber Sam Weideman, Magpie Nathan Kreuger and Saint Jack Hayes are also without deals.

Last year the Lions traded in mid-season recruit and ruck/forward Brandon Ryan in the middle of the trade period when Jack Gunston requested a trade back to Hawthorn. – Callum Twomey

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back