List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Been off line for a few days and haven't read over all that I have missed.

If we opt for a traded in "replacement" for Joe I wouldn't be against Peter Wright if the price was right, can clunk marks and is a handy 2nd ruck, if we can get the best out of him he is a difficult match up for opposition defences.

I'd take Weideman and back in our system and structure to get the most out of him.
Ewwwww. He has talent but he doesn't compete at all. Number 1 thing I want is someone who will compete.

Weideman hasn't done anything good since 2018.
He is likely the calibre of player we are looking at. There’s not much else out there - he is still fit, young enough and shown more than most others being discussed.

Ewwwww. He has talent but he doesn't compete at all. Number 1 thing I want is someone who will compete.

I think of it this way: Sam would have a genuine opportunity to play deep in September and has a lot of natural talent - he'd above all else needs to compete but I think the incentive to do so is there.

I am also aware how bare the cupboard is.

Likelihood

He is likely the calibre of player we are looking at. There’s not much else out there - he is still fit, young enough and shown more than most others being discussed.

I agree but I'd still rather just get someone who can do some backup ruck and will actually try and compete in the air. Weideman has all the wrong attributes for what we need.

His Grandad was a legend and the most vicious competitive player going back in the day. When he was at his prime media wise he took on wrestling at Festival Hall when it was big and drew an enormous crowd . Precursor to Wrestlemania.

Hope it's OK to intrude but why wouldn't Henry Smith get a crack at Joe's spot?

I watched a lot of his junior footy for WWT where he played a fair bit forward/ruck and looked the goods even though he was a skinny beanpole that weighed 82kg wringing wet? Looks a pretty big unit now. Looking at it from the outside it looks like the Lions have brought him along patiently and it might be his time to shine?

I watched a lot of his junior footy for WWT where he played a fair bit forward/ruck and looked the goods even though he was a skinny beanpole that weighed 82kg wringing wet? Looks a pretty big unit now. Looking at it from the outside it looks like the Lions have brought him along patiently and it might be his time to shine?
He doesn't have the mobility or speed to be a key forward for us, which he would be with Big O in the side, 80Fwd/20Ruck is not his go IMO.

FWIW I think he will be a very good number 1 ruck post McInerney.

I don't think I'm overreacting when I say I think he'll be the next Michael Voss.

Edit: but, you know, with more bikies.

We can recreate Dayne beams in the aggregate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s more of a ruck than a forward/ruck

A lot to put on a kid to play both

Roar deal pod just dropped. See if Dom mentions the mystery forward

Just need a tall forward from VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc who can also ruck.

I think someone earlier mentioned Liam McBean. Could be it.

Jon Ralph is an idiot. Let the AFL mouthpiece do what he gets paid to do.

Someone should tag him on X with this golden nugget and ask how it feels to be getting it right every single time.

Got 1 bit right, but

“They’ve got the chance to bring in the best and the brightest as a new senior assistant. I think quite possibly hire someone who might be their next senior coach,” he said.

This.

And , apart from the fact I think he is up to it, there is the importance of culture. Fagan has based our ethos in faith, and to bring in a mercenary in the place of someone that has been part of this team for 3-4 years does not sit well, IMO.

This.

And , apart from the fact I think he is up to it, there is the importance of culture. Fagan has based our ethos in faith, and to bring in a mercenary in the place of someone that has been part of this team for 3-4 years does not sit well, IMO.
Fagan has no real say in who we bring in though it's more Daly and Dom who have final say from the VFL games i saw Lloyd looked the most capable to step up to AFL level dom saying we'd look at playing 2 rucks this morning on trade radio out of our 2 ruck big O is the more forward Savey

This.

Smith is going to be better than a lot of people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back