List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope it's OK to intrude but why wouldn't Henry Smith get a crack at Joe's spot?

I watched a lot of his junior footy for WWT where he played a fair bit forward/ruck and looked the goods even though he was a skinny beanpole that weighed 82kg wringing wet? Looks a pretty big unit now. Looking at it from the outside it looks like the Lions have brought him along patiently and it might be his time to shine?
I would also like Smith to get a fair bit of match time next year, but the expectations on him and Morris need to be considered. They are both a couple of years off being the guns Brisbane need. In the mean time there is a need for a big body tall, who can pinch hit in the ruck, to back up for a dozen games or so. The younger talls will need managing during the year.

This.

And , apart from the fact I think he is up to it, there is the importance of culture. Fagan has based our ethos in faith, and to bring in a mercenary in the place of someone that has been part of this team for 3-4 years does not sit well, IMO.

Its not about brinigng in a mercenary though, it is about depth. As it stands we are relying on Hippy (currently has OP), McMorris (has played less than 20 senior games) and Fort/Smith as the second ruck.

Definitely see the argument to try out Smith first given he's young and can develop, but we need a mature body as backup.

I would also like Smith to get a fair bit of match time next year, but the expectations on him and Morris need to be considered. They are both a couple of years off being the guns Brisbane need. In the mean time there is a need for a big body tall, who can pinch hit in the ruck, to back up for a dozen games or so. The younger talls will need managing during the year.
I can see that but one of the reasons that Morris came along so quickly was because he had champion players and good players all around him.

If you're in an average side winning 8 or 10 games a year you have to fight for every possession. When it's coming down regularly and sometimes on a plate you get to be more involved in the game.

If Smith is good enough he can surpass whoever we bring in
That's true.

He's 22 , 23 later next year.

Not as if he's a green kid with no pre seasons under his belt like Morris.

Let's find out now if he's got what it takes.

If he's definitely not up to it , which I don't expect , we can make other plans.

I would love for the club to get 2m Peter.
Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Roar deal boys spent atleast 10 or so minutes talking about Lynch and the fans perception of him, sounds like Dom knows something for sure. wait and see I suppose but he raised some good points as to why we should try and get an A grader and a future first would probably get it done

Roar deal boys spent atleast 10 or so minutes talking about Lynch and the fans perception of him, sounds like Dom knows something for sure. wait and see I suppose but he raised some good points as to why we should try and get an A grader and a future first would probably get it done

The limiting factor is who is available this year. Might not be able to get a longer term replacement in until end of next year.

That's true.

He's 22 , 23 later next year.

Not as if he's a green kid with no pre seasons under his belt like Morris.

Let's find out now if he's got what it takes.

If he's definitely not up to it , which I don't expect , we can make other plans.
We already found out earlier this year he doesn't it.

Dom and Mike spending a lot of time talking about Tom Lynch. Put in the book lads
I can see why you'd go Lynch over some of the other names that have been touted and the real thrill I'd get out of it is if he was a roaring success watching the Tiger fans throw up.

But I wouldn't pay up for him. He was pretty much cooked what I saw of him this year. It's possible he gave up like some of the others I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see why you'd go Lynch over some of the other names that have been touted and the real thrill I'd get out of it is if he was a roaring success watching the Tiger fans throw up.

But I wouldn't pay up for him. He was pretty much cooked what I saw of him this year. It's possible he gave up like some of the others I suppose.
Coming to the Premiership team, he would be keen to win another.
It should be everyone’s motivation.

If I could be guaranteed that he'd play 15 games I'd do it. But its too big a risk I think, and can't see how a deal works for Richmond.

I would not be giving up our future first for anyone over 25/26 though.

If I could be guaranteed that he'd play 15 games I'd do it. But its too big a risk I think, and can't see how a deal works for Richmond.

I would not be giving up our future first for anyone over 25/26 though.
They would have to be paying half of next years Salary for us to be giving up next years first.

Coming to the Premiership team, he would be keen to win another.
It should be everyone’s motivation.
That's the key.

I don't care what people think of him as a person or whether they like him or not.

If he has the motivation and capacity to play well again and stay on the park of course you'd take him , he's still only 32 later this month.

But not worth giving up a lot to risk it imo. Unless we're very confident the above applies. Don't wanna give a future first. He's on more than Daniher already.

That's the key.

I don't care what people think of him as a person or whether they like him or not.

If he has the motivation and capacity to play well again and stay on the park of course you'd take him , he's still only 32 later this month.

But not worth giving up a lot to risk it imo. Unless we're very confident the above applies. Don't wanna give a future first. He's on more than Daniher already.

I am not a seasoned draft watcher and am basing this on the half of under 18s I watched and the highlight video in the draft thread - but I would not want to risk our access to Annable next year by trading our future first.

It genuinely would have to be an in their prime needle mover to make me want to do it, given it would leave us scrambling for points.

That's the key.

How long does his contract go for? If it was only on big money for a year then surely we could cover that if need be without losing anyone and then if he was good enough for a 2nd year we can restructure it so that it isn't as much.
I actually wouuldn't mind Casaboult if we could unretire him. Would cost nothing, can pinch hit in the ruck, and is probably good for a goal a game with some very strong hands. I haven't seen him recently, so unaware if his body is completly shot.

How long does his contract go for? If it was only on big money for a year then surely we could cover that if need be without losing anyone and then if he was good enough for a 2nd year we can restructure it so that it isn't as much.
A year. Ambrosio was pretty adamant he wouldn't be the Joe replacement though:
But Lions list boss Dom Ambrosio said Lynch would not be joining the Lions as a Joe Daniher replacement.
“I don’t want to talk about people that are on other club’s lists but I think that would be highly unlikely,” he said of a Lynch bid

I am not a seasoned draft watcher and am basing this on the half of under 18s I watched and the highlight video in the draft thread - but I would not want to risk our access to Annable next year by trading our future first.

It genuinely would have to be an in their prime needle mover to make me want to do it, given it would leave us scrambling for points.
How often do you see clubs panic themselves into this situation because in their minds they think they need something even before a game's been played.

We got Daniher in his prime for nothing but salary . And then give up a future first for Lynch now ? Let's keep our heads screwed on . I'm fine with Lynch if we pay a fair portion his wage and throw in a steak knife. Otherwise it's questionable to me.

I actually wouuldn't mind Casaboult if we could unretire him. Would cost nothing, can pinch hit in the ruck, and is probably good for a goal a game with some very strong hands. I haven't seen him recently, so unaware if his body is completly shot.

I think the fact that Casboult has retired tells you we aren't interested.

How often do you see clubs panic themselves into this situation because in their minds they think they need something even before a game's been played.

We got Daniher in his prime for nothing but salary . And then give up a future first for Lynch now ? Let's keep our heads screwed on . I'm fine with Lynch if we pay a fair portion his wage and throw in a steak knife. Otherwise it's questionable to me.
I know we all hate Jon Ralph but he thinks Memberry is who we're chasing but was also a complete jerk about wanting Richmond to bid on Levi

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back