List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Payne and foot issues have been hand in hand all through his career. Hard center square surface of Gabba is the last place we should be putting him on.

Totally agree, Jack was a very good discus thrower at the junior level and tipped to go on to the olympics but he chose footy. He was always a big kid and that twisting and turning in his growth years has probably come back to bite a bit.

Lester, Doedee and Morris are third talls. You don't want them playing on true KPPs.

They've been reluctant to play Lester on marking talls all season. Maybe a resting ruck or a slow, shorter guy. He gave up our 2 marks inside 50 to McLean and Amartey in the GF

Doedee similarly plays on a ruck who isn't much of a marking threat or one of the less threatening smalls with the plan to run off and intercept

If we play Carlton we don't want either on McKay or Curnow

Morris too has the advantage of outmarking smaller backmen. That gets taken away on better tall key backs
Fagan, with Andrews, Payne and Lester to choose from, chose to put Lester on Amartey and McLean. I presume you accept they're Key Fwds. ThIs the week after he shut down Jeremy Cameron. I presume you accept that he's a Key Fwd. But you're suggesting that despite these matchups, the coach is reluctant to play Lester on marking talls.

I'm just not getting the distinctions here. It seems pointless and designed to have a whinge. "He's tall, but he's not key. He's 3rd tall". Really want to get into a definitional debate? Why?

Morris is a first year, developing, key fwd. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It would be naive to think such assurances don't happen off the books though.
I think Richmond will think about picking Ashcroft at pick 1 for about 30 seconds - Picks 1 and 2 will receive cash bonuses of $10,000 and $5,000 respectively and clubs may want to reward their own players rather than a draftee headed for a rival club e.g Daicos and Will Ashcroft.

And if Oscar pops his shoulder in the first quarter?
Bone block, can't pop out. But the premise is valid. What if he gets concussed, etc.

Question: what would you rather.

1. A key fwd rated at a 6/10 who can't ruck. If Oscar goes down, we're giving Dunkley, Hipwood, whoever a try for the rest of the game.

2. A Fwd/Ruck rated 4/10 who can ruck 4/10. If Oscar goes down, we have a bit more cover.

I'd prefer to plan for 95% of the time, not 5% of the time. And yes, I'm aware that without Joe's rucking, we wouldn't have survived the prelim. But Joe isn't an option any more. And frankly playing a Tom Fullarton style fwd just coz he can ruck averagely... not my preference.

Fagan, with Andrews, Payne and Lester to choose from, chose to put Lester on Amartey and McLean. I presume you accept they're Key Fwds. ThIs the week after he shut down Jeremy Cameron. I presume you accept that he's a Key Fwd. But you're suggesting that despite these matchups, the coach is reluctant to play Lester on marking talls.

I'm just not getting the distinctions here. It seems pointless and designed to have a whinge. "He's tall, but he's not key. He's 3rd tall". Really want to get into a definitional debate? Why?

Morris is a first year, developing, key fwd. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

McLean is not a marking threat. Jezza is relying heavily at the moment on his athleticism and getting up the ground as a flanker

Lester is not tall. He's an undersized key back if that's where you're playing him

Bone block, can't pop out. But the premise is valid. What if he gets concussed, etc.

Question: what would you rather.

1. A key fwd rated at a 6/10 who can't ruck. If Oscar goes down, we're giving Dunkley, Hipwood, whoever a try for the rest of the game.

2. A Fwd/Ruck rated 4/10 who can ruck 4/10. If Oscar goes down, we have a bit more cover.

I'd prefer to plan for 95% of the time, not 5% of the time. And yes, I'm aware that without Joe's rucking, we wouldn't have survived the prelim. But Joe isn't an option any more. And frankly playing a Tom Fullarton style fwd just coz he can ruck averagely... not my preference.

But we're talking about Dizzy or Morris being our main target when Hipwood rucks. That is not a functional forwardline especially when we're playing a dud ruck

That's why Smith is being suggested. He's the 4/10 forward who can ruck ok.

On both shoulders?

walter white GIF

But we're talking about Dizzy or Morris being our main target when Hipwood rucks. That is not a functional forwardline especially when we're playing a dud ruck

That's why Smith is being suggested. He's the 4/10 forward who can ruck ok.
I'm just going to leave the "is Lester a tall" debate because it just comes down to definitions and that's a waste of time. I say Key Defender is synonymous with Tall Defender. You say that talls can be Key or 3rd. Not worth arguing about, or really worth you putting laughing emojis on every post you slightly disagree with just to convince yourself that you're the smartest and anyone you disagree with is an idiot. A little courtesy eh?

I get that if we through Hipwood to ruck for 5 mins a quarter, that means we have a smaller forward line for 5 mins a quarter. I don't see the problem. Height isn't the only factor.

If you have a 200cm forward on a 190cm back, sure, kick it on his head and you'll have a slight advantage. If you have a 190cm forward on a 200cm defender... don't plonk it on his head quite so often.

We'll develop a plan for ruck backup, I'm sure. I'm just not convinced we have to base our recruitment here around "can he ruck?". I'd rather get the best forward we can (likely fringe anyway), over a worse forward who can pinch hit.

Ralphy is a VFL mouthpiece and a Tigers nuffy. He isn’t going to accuse them of draft tampering. He will write some not so subtle piece about how messed up it is that the lions are getting these rorts.
I personally don’t think Richmond will bid on Ashcroft but I could definitely see them bidding on Sam Marshall earlier than expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still has a season on his contract. He’s decent, so as a back up mid, why would we want to get rid of anyway?

If he was out of contract and no one wanted him he would be delisted.

He needs a massive year next year because if no one is interested in him now no one will be next year and I highly doubt he would get a new contract. He would have to lift big time

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back