List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Doedee up forward?
Has only kicked three goals in his entire career. That said, he wouldn't have been down there much, and sometimes defenders can make the switch (e.g. Mihocek).

However, given he is coming off the knee the problem (outside of no exposed form) would be limited opportunity over the preseason for him to build experience playing that role.

Are we sure Hipwood can't ruck in a similar way to Joe if he gets his body right for next year? It's not like Joe dominated hit outs when he was in there, but would pull off a couple of freaky plays each game.

Edit: Granted, it doesn't solve the problem, but if we end up playing another third tall type like Lloyd or Gardiner, bring in someone like Membery, or even a big power type like Lynch or 2MP, Hipwood might actually be the best choice as ruck relief.

Last edited:
Honestly, if we need a forward so bad to maintain structure, then put Lloyd in. If we're just looking for a tall body that can ruck/compete, put in Fort. Then in 2026, when Fort and Omac are starting to breakdown, then bring in Smith.

Ah Chee, Lohman and Rayner already play as pseudo talls, so having a second ruck whose job is just to compete and hit the ball down shouldn't be a problem.

Honestly, if we need a forward so bad to maintain structure, then put Lloyd in. If we're just looking for a tall body that can ruck/compete, put in Fort. Then in 2026, when Fort and Omac are starting to breakdown, then bring in Smith.

Ah Chee, Lohman and Rayner already play as pseudo talls, so having a second ruck whose job is just to compete and hit the ball down shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think Lloyd would help with the structure. I think he's more of a lead up forward like Tom Lynch (formerly of Adelaide)

What about depth? Why wouldn't we explore better options?

I don't think Lloyd would help with the structure. I think he's more of a lead up forward like Tom Lynch (formerly of Adelaide)

What about depth? Why wouldn't we explore better options?

My post is more of a response to posters who are going "What about X defender as a forward for structure?"

If three tall forwards are required, then you play three tall forwards. No point in playing a defender 6-10 years into their career as a defender as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back