List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dizz is a heart and soul player but I felt our forward line was really sluggish with him in there and it surprises me anyone would think he's worth another try. In fact he was poor and his deficiencies on full display.

I'm sure we'll try and find a slot for him but as a forward would be a backward step.
I don't think Gardiner has played enough games forward for us to get a clear indication if he could play that role.
However, coming back from an ACL at age 29 is a bit of a worry.
He can also play a defensive role on certain opposition defenders if needed
He played 7 games early in the year, 2 of those he left early with knee injuries in Q1 & Q2.
So really only 5 games to get a look at what he can do forward.
He was also trying to fit into a new role in a team whose form was not good in those early games.

R0 11 disposals 0 marks 2 tackles 0 goals.0 behinds. Moved to Curnow in the 4th quarter
R1 injured his knee in the 1st quarter (warning sign for things to come maybe?)
R2 & 3 missed due to knee injury
R4 11 disposal 5 marks 1 tackle 1g.1b
R5 13 disposals 6 marks 3 tackles 0g.0b
R6 10 disposals 4 marks 3 tackles 0g.0b
R7 5 disposals 0 marks 4 tackles 0g.0b. Appeared to play a defensive game on Aleer.
R8 3 disposals 0 marks 0 tackles 2g. 0b. Did his ACL in 2nd quarter

I've seen a few discussions in here on points but not one that ties it all together...in summary we're pretty close to done and we won't be going in to defecit. Dom Ambrogio has done it again.

Summary
  • We officialy have 2472 points - but we actually have closer to 2612 given our later picks will slide up, after Ashcroft, Kako and Lombard bids (+250 points)
  • Worst case bid scenario Levi pick 1 + Marshall pick ~15 = 3290pts (so we're currently 800 pts short or 550 short after picks move up)
  • Mid case bids - (2+18) = 2802 - we're ~200 short - which should be sorted by the Sharp trade and/or 1 more pick swap
  • Best case bid scenario (pick 3 + 22) = 2435 points - we're already well covered
  • A Sharp trade should add at least 300 points directly or via swaps
  • There are plenty of options to tactically add 100pts here or ther
I realised this would make a nice matrix :)

Reminder we actually have closer to 2600 points currently after shuffling, should add 200-300 more for each of Sharp and Robertson. We can also easily add 100 more for an extra shuffle, and ~300 points or so for our future 3rd.

1728699248463.png

I don't think Gardiner has played enough games forward for us to get a clear indication if he could play that role.
However, coming back from an ACL at age 29 is a bit of a worry.
He can also play a defensive role on certain opposition defenders if needed
He played 7 games early in the year, 2 of those he left early with knee injuries in Q1 & Q2.
So really only 5 games to get a look at what he can do forward.
He was also trying to fit into a new role in a team whose form was not good in those early games.

R0 11 disposals 0 marks 2 tackles 0 goals.0 behinds. Moved to Curnow in the 4th quarter
R1 injured his knee in the 1st quarter (warning sign for things to come maybe?)
R2 & 3 missed due to knee injury
R4 11 disposal 5 marks 1 tackle 1g.1b
R5 13 disposals 6 marks 3 tackles 0g.0b
R6 10 disposals 4 marks 3 tackles 0g.0b
R7 5 disposals 0 marks 4 tackles 0g.0b. Appeared to play a defensive game on Aleer.
R8 3 disposals 0 marks 0 tackles 2g. 0b. Did his ACL in 2nd quarter
It wasn't his stats that I was looking at.

It was guys running off him and the opportunities he fluffed by being too slow to react and recognise opportunities.

It wasn't as if we didn't dish it up to him on a plate at times.

I really want us to draft Ty Gallop.
Gee, he was impressive in the VFL prelim!
I hope we have enough points for him. 🤞
Same; will be super stoked with the trifecta of Ashcroft, Marshall and Gallop.

Is there a point in the draft where you don’t need points to match and can just match an academy kid?

Is there a point in the draft where you don’t need points to match and can just match an academy kid?
You'd still need points to match a bid if another team chose an academy player very late in the draft. Or, if we have a pick that comes up late in the draft, we can just draft that Academy player - i.e. Harris Andrews at Pick 61 in 2014

Same; will be super stoked with the trifecta of Ashcroft, Marshall and Gallop.

I could be wrong but if he’s bid on in the 3rd round and we still have a deficit of 300 points we can still draft Gallop or Gillett if we choose to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to ask the question to Liam McBean

kicked 7.0 to win SANFL grand final this year
202cm / 96kg
55 goals this year, been a 40 to 50 goal forward for the last 6-7 years
Looks like closest replacement to Daniher's role from the next tier

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back