List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees making things hard for themselves with that trade with Essendon. Only have 3 more draft picks this year and have to get deals done for Sharp + Derkson potentially.
Pick 49 for Sharp (we want points this year).

Some future pick (Essendon's F3 or another one yet to be generated) for Derksen - not sure this one is going to happen though, but GWS want future picks.

Yeah I'm not sure where the risk is in taking Day as a DFA on a 1 or even 2 year deal
happy to do 1 year deal.
Not sure why people always say you need 2 years for guys to join.
If Day or Player X does not get picked up by us they probably play local league at a lot less $.
So they have a choice and who knows Day or Player X might break into the 22 and get a medal
Just ask Fort not sure he thought he play in a winning GF.

Gold Coast did pretty well at home this season - first step of becoming a strong team, not dropping home games. They went 7 or 8 wins straight all season until they lost one to us.
Yep exactly.

Lukosius is pretty flakey.

Hardwick molding his side. Suns had some disappointing moments but the media narrative of 'oh wow same old gold coast' was way too premature.

happy to do 1 year deal.
Not sure why people always say you need 2 years for guys to join.
If Day or Player X does not get picked up by us they probably play local league at a lot less $.
So they have a choice and who knows Day or Player X might break into the 22 and get a medal
Just ask Fort not sure he thought he play in a winning GF.
I think the 2 years people talk about is for interstate players that are borderline best 22.
Age would also have some bearing on what's offered.
Younger with improvement expected v older that's past their prime.
Day just turned 32 and i presume lives on the gold Coast so 1 year plus a trigger should be enough

Like how exciting is this trade period. Has something even almost happened yet?
There is an awareness out there this afternoon, by many associated with this trade period, that something might eventuate in this space. Now it's likely, I'm told, by those I have been privileged to speak to that this might involve a discussion on a potential meeting by a number of parties to entertain a trade that might really shake up this trade period.

There is an awareness out there this afternoon, by many associated with this trade period, that something might eventuate in this space. Now it's likely, I'm told, by those I have been privileged to speak to that this might involve a discussion on a potential meeting by a number of parties to entertain a trade that might really shake up this trade period.
More cliches please.

I see where you’re coming from and in a vacuum I’d rather those guys as well but it feels like we’ve already got too many unknown ‘state league’ key forwards in our reserves. Between Smith, Ryan and to a lesser extent Fort I think if we’re going after Day as depth and a plug and play option I’d rather someone that I know can at least be serviceable in a time of need.
Smith has come in and shown he can do a job. The same is true for Fort, and he did it in a grand final, the ultimate proof. Ryan I'll grant you, he hasn't shown a lot yet. But two good options makes me think we can take a bigger risk than Day. And I wonder how much hunger Day still has to make his mark at the top level, which I reckon some state leaguers would definitely possess.

Smith has come in and shown he can do a job. The same is true for Fort, and he did it in a grand final, the ultimate proof. Ryan I'll grant you, he hasn't shown a lot yet. But two good options makes me think we can take a bigger risk than Day. And I wonder how much hunger Day still has to make his mark at the top level, which I reckon some state leaguers would definitely possess.

But how much longer will a state leaguer take to get up to speed?

I think someone mentioned Mitch Harvey. Pretty sure last time I saw him he was carrying a few extra kilos. If we're picking up goes who will need a couple of preseasons then they're not much of a stopgap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit, after MFC trade with Bombers today leaving them with only pick 49 (we aren't getting 5 and 9), I thought that the Sharp trade with MFC would've happened fairly quickly subsequently after their Bombers trade.

I could be wrong but they're all at separate offices apart from the last day. So sometimes they don't make it official straight away. Like how we obviously did the paperwork for our 2 pick trades in the same trip

Fort has shown he can be a solid ruck for a game, not a key fwd. Smith has shown promise but not enough to say he’ll hold up for a full season taking a number 1 or 2 key defender.

I suppose I just don’t see the reward as worth the risk taking another state league key forward when we’ve got Smith and Ryan needing that development already.

Still think we should hold Joe to his contract. You don’t retire until we say you retire champion.

Think bigger brab.

We trade retired Joe to GCS for pick 6 and then trade pick 6 for contracted blonde guy who plays key forward for west coach eagles who is good at footballing but whose name I don’t remember.

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="McIvor" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Must admit, after MFC trade with Bombers today leaving them with only pick [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] (we aren't getting [emoji6] and [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]), I thought that the Sharp trade with MFC would've happened fairly quickly subsequently after their Bombers trade.

Young Harry will be a bargain pick for Dees, unfortunately for us we won’t get the value he will be worth ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think bigger brab.

We trade retired Joe to GCS for pick 6 and then trade pick 6 for contracted blonde guy who plays key forward for west coach eagles who is good at footballing but whose name I don’t remember.

Once we get pick 9 for Sharp we could trade 6 and 9 to Carlton for Curnow.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back