List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit, after MFC trade with Bombers today leaving them with only pick 49 (we aren't getting 5 and 9), I thought that the Sharp trade with MFC would've happened fairly quickly subsequently after their Bombers trade.

They need to keep it available until they have exhausted all possibilities to trade up in this years draft.
(Beware ...... It's possible that their 2024 pick offer for Sharp could be further out still !!)

Inside Trading

Dees make Sharp bid
Melbourne has put forward its No.49 selection in trade talks with Brisbane over contracted winger Harry Sharp, with the Demons now short on trade options following a mega pick swap completed on Monday.
The club gave its future first-round pick, as well as picks No.28, 40, 46, 54 and 65, to move back into the early parts of this year's draft and nab Essendon's No.9 selection to kickstart the Trade Period's final week.
The Lions had initially indicated that they wanted an earlier pick than No.49 in talks over Sharp, who requested a trade to the Demons on Friday last week despite being contracted through until 2025.
Brisbane is confident its current draft hand – which includes picks No.32, 34, 42, 43, 45, 60 and 66 – will be enough to match bids on Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall and therefore isn't holding out for more later picks.

Am I crazy, or is Dizzy not obviously going back forward when he's back?
You could not have worded this more confusingly if you tried :D

The issue with Dizz IMO is he is undersized and not a natural forward. He also had lost a yard of pace pre-ACL so who knows if he'll even get back to where he was physically. Having said that I didn't mind him forward but I don't think there's room for him and Morris tbh.

Can’t see us getting Day. Those days of trading in spuds is well and truly past us.

Well this isn’t a trade. Also I feel reading for Fort is the exact same type of move we are doing here for Day. It’s a solid experienced depth choice in a position where only Oscar/Hipwood respectively is experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We might prefer a future 2nd round pick for Harry Sharp, Demons would back themselves in to move up the ladder and that pick to be in the late 30s.... we could then start a death ride thread and hope it will be pick 19. :p
Since Melbourne have traded their future first, doesn't that mean they can't trade out any other future picks unless they have two in that round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we've had some absolute snore fests in other trade periods but this one has to be right up there... they need to shorten it to 6 business days so there is a weekend and the Monday to wrap it up.
I don’t get why it needs to be entertaining or how some player moving clubs is even that interesting but that’s me I guess.

I know we've had some absolute snore fests in other trade periods but this one has to be right up there... they need to shorten it to 6 business days so there is a weekend and the Monday to wrap it up.
Agree the AFL really should have brought in 2years in advance trading immediately imagine the Trades most trades would be done quite easily and imagine the Names Chad Warner to Fremantle McKay to Us and such and such

Since Melbourne have traded their future first, doesn't that mean they can't trade out any other future picks unless they have two in that round?
Throwing in a swap of Future 3rds could end up being quite beneficial to us, the Dees are clearly backing themselves in to bounce back.

In saying that pick 49 doesn’t seem too bad for Sharp. It may make pick 66 surplus to our list space though, and doubt we get anything meaningful if we’re required to trade it into next years draft.

Correct.

If we can squeeze more out of the dees then great, but I actually think pick 49 is about what Sharp is worth. If we would prefer to keep him for depth, then that's totally fine too.

Frankly the greatest benefit for us of trading him is probably going to be freeing up a list spot so we can take more picks/keep other players if we want to. I haven't bothered to go through and work out our list spots/picks situation so don't know if we really need to though.

Correct.

If we can squeeze more out of the dees then great, but I actually think pick 49 is about what Sharp is worth. If we would prefer to keep him for depth, then that's totally fine too.

Frankly the greatest benefit for us of trading him is probably going to be freeing up a list spot so we can take more picks/keep other players if we want to. I haven't bothered to go through and work out our list spots/picks situation so don't know if we really need to though.
49 for Sharp is fine. I can't see him getting a game here unless we have massive injury issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back