List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You could not have worded this more confusingly if you tried :D

The issue with Dizz IMO is he is undersized and not a natural forward. He also had lost a yard of pace pre-ACL so who knows if he'll even get back to where he was physically. Having said that I didn't mind him forward but I don't think there's room for him and Morris tbh.
It made complete sense in my head! Haha

Don't forget Charlie! He was a bit down this year, but that aside has been the best small forward in the comp since he joined us.
...and in the second half of this season while the number of goals he kicked was down, his team output was fantastic. He set the standard with his tacking in the GF.
Was Charlie really a bit down this season? To me it felt like he maybe made the biggest sacrifice to his game for the team this season and played a far more selfless role than I’d ever seen from him.

Charlie for sure had a different role this year. Interesting to see if he plays as the most dangerous forward now without Joe
Charlie seems to have lost a yard in one on ones . Whether there was some reason for that and he gets it back or whether he morphs into another role where he can be effective for the team such as the back half of this year we shall see.

Charlie seems to have lost a yard in one on ones . Whether there was some reason for that and he gets it back or whether he morphs into another role where he can be effective for the team such as the back half of this year we shall see.
Honestly think he down on form also did a lot of defensive stuff I think after Linc went down
Scoring shots alone not much difference although he missed a lot more in 2024
2024 74 , 2023 86, 2022 75, 2021 88 and 2019 89
I do think Joe became our #1 target although we spread it around.
Even if you look at GF 4 goals to Kia and Cal.. Where used to be Charlie or bust some games.

Well this isn’t a trade. Also I feel reading for Fort is the exact same type of move we are doing here for Day. It’s a solid experienced depth choice in a position where only Oscar/Hipwood respectively is experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Day gives me Stefan Carey/ Levi Casboult vibes. He’s a dud, that’s why no one wants him.

If it was reported test that we want an earlier pick than 49 for Sharp, I struggle to see us just saying yes to it today.
Depends what "an earlier pick" involves. Were we seeking something in the 20-30 range, or just angling for one of those other picks in the 40s? If the latter we'll probably just get it done anyway, it's a modicum of points. If we truly expected something earlier to trade away some depth, well a) we're probably a bit crazy, and b) yeah it won't get done.

The offensive side of Charlie's game was down a bit this season but he still kicked 44 goals in 2024, still 3rd for small forwards behind Tyson Stengle on 46 goals and equal with Toby Greene on 44, albeit they played 2 & 3 games less respectively.

His defensive effort was also up particularly in the finals, also seemed to bring other players into the game more including a couple of great examples in the GF, pulling the ball across his body to Ah Chee when running across the 50 meter arc and the great cut back kick inside to Joe.

Very good season from Charlie overall.

We've had a ridiculous run of trade period success the last 7 years….

<Snip>

2022 - Dunks, Gunners, McKenna. The CYNICAL may say that Gunners was a flop, but think about this - if Gunners hadn't taught our boys how to play with medium third tall, would McMorris have been successful this year? Checkmate! 3 for 3 in terms of acquisitions.

Sorry Tom,
Gunston was a complete, unmitigated disaster. 🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back