List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharp about to be traded apparently....

So to win next season we just need to finish higher than Essendon. I'm quietly confident.

You would think that pick 27 is to do with how many list spots we are going to take into draft night.

UNLESS we are thinking there may be a chance that we can get another pick in before the Sam Marshall bid? 27 + something to move up the board on draft night to get in front of the Marshall bid?

We might be very keen on a draftee predicted to go in the 17-25 range... key position player.
That’s not possible.

This trade period is booooring. When can we start 2025 List Management Discussions? With Joe’s money next year I wonder if we would go to Rayner and Starcevich and see if we could bump their current contracts up to then make it a little bit less for the next contract. Extra 600k for Rayner and 400k for Starcevich. I have absolutely no idea but I reckon we will be head hunting a big fish next free agency. One of Oscar Allen or TDK.

That’s not possible.
Yes it is.
There's few ways but one way is once we match Ashcroft, we trade back into the draft using available picks and future picks, such as trading future first into this draft.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This trade period is booooring. When can we start 2025 List Management Discussions? With Joe’s money next year I wonder if we would go to Rayner and Starcevich and see if we could bump their current contracts up to then make it a little bit less for the next contract. Extra 600k for Rayner and 400k for Starcevich. I have absolutely no idea but I reckon we will be head hunting a big fish next free agency. One of Oscar Allen or TDK.
We're already working on a new deal for Rayner, which should be completed during the off-season or early in the season next year.

.... and done now. Thanks Sharpy!

Go well Sharpy. He’s clearly a good player, hope he gets plenty of opportunity to show the comp his skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before free agency compensation? Assuming there's 5-6 compensation picks before the future thirds?
My post was as it stands now. the picks will move and be traded, and while they decrease in value from f/a compo, they also increase from other f/s and academy selections that consume multiple picks. Still, it should be a positive swap, and it's more than a straight pick 49 this year.

I am not sure why pick 27 will be left till draft night if someone has a reasonably good offer before then.
If Ashcroft was expected to go at 4-6 i can see a little more sense in doing that but not much.
Ashcroft could go at 1 and we would be scrambling from the start if no clubs are all that interested in 27 at that early stage.
Even 2, 3 would not give us much time literally to do a pick deal.

Not much happens that's not expected in the top 4 picks (just take Twomey list review just before draft) so clubs won't know if someone they had in mind, has slipped or available in that 20-30 mark

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back