List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sure why pick 27 will be left till draft night if someone has a reasonably good offer before then.
If Ashcroft was expected to go at 4-6 i can see a little more sense in doing that but not much.
Ashcroft could go at 1 and we would be scrambling from the start if no clubs are all that interested in 27 at that early stage.
Even 2, 3 would not give us much time literally to do a pick deal.

Not much happens that's not expected in the top 4 picks (just take Twomey list review just before draft) so clubs won't know if someone they had in mind, has slipped or available in that 20-30 mark

I think we'll be limited by number of picks we can carry into draft based on available list spots.
So making 27 to 2-3 picks have to wait until draft night starts, at which point there is no limitation.

So we have 27, 34, 42, 43, 49, 60, 66

We have spots from Daniher, Lyons, Sharp, Michael, Madden, Lane (rookie)
We also haven't signed Prior, Beecken (rookie), Craven (rookie)

So including Prior we have 6 list spots which covers pick 27 to 60 at this stage.
If Dev goes then we'll have 66 or an earlier pick also in play.

I think we'll be limited by number of picks we can carry into draft based on available list spots.
So making 27 to 2-3 picks have to wait until draft night starts, at which point there is no limitation.
Yes, but my point is that it is quite likely no one will be that hungry for pick 27 at that very early stage on draft night.
Of course, i am on the outside, the club may know someone will do a deal very early.

Yes, but my point is that it is quite likely no one will be that hungry for pick 27 at that very early stage on draft night.
Of course, i am on the outside, the club may know someone will do a deal very early.

I believe we'll have some "friends" on speed dial. Looking through the list, GWS might be a good candidate for us to work with - 27 for 37,53,56. Gets us a 200 point upgrade.

We will go into the draft, like last year, with a trade already organised and will probably make that trade before pick 1 is announced.

So we have 27, 34, 42, 43, 49, 60, 66

We have spots from Daniher, Lyons, Sharp, Michael, Madden, Lane (rookie)
We also haven't signed Prior, Beecken (rookie), Craven (rookie)

So including Prior we have 6 list spots which covers pick 27 to 60 at this stage.
If Dev goes then we'll have 66 or an earlier pick also in play.
You haven't factored in that we were effectively three above the limit to start with because of the MSD picks...

We now have 2,531 points.

If Levi is bid on at 2 and Marshall at 19 we need 2,772 points.

I think our list management team have got us covered. :D

In the end, our moves today added 60 points plus (hopefully) a R3 upgrade next year in exchange for Sharp.

If we go back to back and Ess win the spoon, it's especially like we traded away our F3 instead of F2 😂.

You haven't factored in that we were effectively three above the limit to start with because of the MSD picks...
MSDs would be rookies right.
I thought they won't count against the main list vacancies.

We still have Dev going to West Coast in play too.

We might do a pick 26 for Dev + 43 if we choose to be real nice, taking a ~+350 points
Or we could also do a pick 26 for Dev + 49 and take a ~+430 points

You would think we would be keeping Luke Beecken, not so sure about Darcy Craven.... when are we likely to find out what is happening with them?

Not 100% on the timeline to be honest, but post draft once we know the available free spots - I think we are allowed to upgrade our rookies direct to the main list if we want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still have Dev going to West Coast in play too.

We might do a pick 26 for Dev + 43 if we choose to be real nice, taking a ~+350 points
Or we could also do a pick 26 for Dev + 49 and take a ~+430 points
Probably more likely a later pick for points next year?

Bombers up to date days since they last won a final >

From and including: Saturday, 4 September 2004
To, but not including Tuesday, 15 October 2024

Result: 7346 days​

It is 7346 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 20 years, 1 month, 11 days excluding the end date.

Or 241 month, 11 days excluding the end date.

Alternative time units​

7346 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 634,694,400 seconds
  • 10,578,240 minutes
  • 176,304 hours
  • 7346 days
  • 1049 weeks and 3 days

We could look at trading pick 27 (703 points) to St Kilda for picks 32 (584) and 47 (316).

Saints move up 5 spots and finish up with picks 7, 8, 27 and 45 and the lions get another 197 points.

… and we still have the Dev trade to negotiate

We could look at trading pick 27 (703 points) to St Kilda for picks 32 (584) and 47 (316).

Saints move up 5 spots and finish up with picks 7, 8, 27 and 45 and the lions get another 197 points.

We can't trade for pick 32.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

MSDs would be rookies right.
I thought they won't count against the main list vacancies.
Senior lists compose of 36-38 players. Rookie lists can then be 6 players if you have 36 seniors, down to 4 if you have 38 seniors, plus up to two Cat B rookies on top of that - though you don't need to fill all the spots.

At the beginning of the season we had our maximum 38 seniors and six rookies. We then added three more rookies - so we've delisted Lane but still need to promote/redraft a few more to keep our current list. So it's easier to think in terms of how many total spots we have, given we need to account for those excess rookies and any promotions will take picks off our total.

Bombers up to date days since they last won a final >

From and including: Saturday, 4 September 2004
To, but not including Tuesday, 15 October 2024

Result: 7346 days​

It is 7346 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 20 years, 1 month, 11 days excluding the end date.

Or 241 month, 11 days excluding the end date.

Alternative time units​

7346 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 634,694,400 seconds
  • 10,578,240 minutes
  • 176,304 hours
  • 7346 days
  • 1049 weeks and 3 days
So now we know what will finally break that run. A third round pick, it looks so small and harmless!

7 News Brisbane just now: the Lions are enquiring about 3-4 players for a Joe replacement. Sam Day from the SUNS was the only one the presenter specifically mentioned.

Can’t trade 27 back to Sts

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back