List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is.
There's few ways but one way is once we match Ashcroft, we trade back into the draft using available picks and future picks, such as trading future first into this draft.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s not possible to use 27 + something to get ahead of the Marshall bid, which is what M Malice was speculating.

It’s not possible to use 27 + something to get ahead of the Marshall bid, which is what M Malice was speculating.
questionable we definitely can't trade 27 before the Marshall bid but we can trade it during the Levi bid also on an unrelated question can we trade our future 1st during the draft after the Levi bid getting 3 players in the first round

7 News Brisbane just now: the Lions are enquiring about 3-4 players for a Joe replacement. Sam Day from the SUNS was the only one the presenter specifically mentioned.

Mitch Lewis and Oscar Allen will both be in Brisbane uniforms next year!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WE now take our hand to the Draft and trade pick 27 for 2 3rd picks gaining us more points and no deficit next season
All well and good but whatever we do must exceed 228 points for starters to get us back even given that’s the deficit prior to the Saints trade and so it really can only be 228 points plus whatever to make that Saints trade plausible because even now I’m confused why we did unless there is something else in the works. Even the Trade Radio guys were scratching their heads as to why we did the trade.

Yes, but my point is that it is quite likely no one will be that hungry for pick 27 at that very early stage on draft night.
Of course, i am on the outside, the club may know someone will do a deal very early.
There’s always a slider or two in every draft that clubs will want to get in front of other clubs so they can acquire the desired player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still 28 points worse off than before the Saints trade but perhaps we won’t need the points?

The prediction may be twofold though. One would be our picks getting used first for Ashcroft and we're landing at the backend of the draft.

Second is when Lombard, Kako go before Marshall and more picks burn through, how much does our backend picks come in and we become relevant points wise again.

I am not sure why pick 27 will be left till draft night if someone has a reasonably good offer before then.
If Ashcroft was expected to go at 4-6 i can see a little more sense in doing that but not much.
Ashcroft could go at 1 and we would be scrambling from the start if no clubs are all that interested in 27 at that early stage.
Even 2, 3 would not give us much time literally to do a pick deal.

Not much happens that's not expected in the top 4 picks (just take Twomey list review just before draft) so clubs won't know if someone they had in mind, has slipped or available in that 20-30 mark
mpal6 covered it.

We are limited by how many picks we can take to the draft.

However, once the draft starts, we can trade one pick for multiple picks, and use them to match a bid.
What about points for Gallop?
He’ll probably be a late pick, where bids after pick

questionable we definitely can't trade 27 before the Marshall bid but we can trade it during the Levi bid also on an unrelated question can we trade our future 1st during the draft after the Levi bid getting 3 players in the first round
Yes, as long as we get a future second round pick back in the trade.

He's an academy tall forward who played 1 VFL game for us this season in the finals, didn't get much of the ball but looked pretty handy, hard at it crashes packs and can clunk a mark.

I have it on good authority that he needs a hip replacement. Has a rare congenital disease that ages his body prematurely. But that’s on the QT. Nobody knows except the absolute inner circle.

There’s always a slider or two in every draft that clubs will want to get in front of other clubs so they can acquire the desired player.
We have to make the trade before matching Levi, as otherwise it will be consumed making that match. Sliders will not be apparent at that stage.

(I would anticipate that we've got well-advanced talks on what that deal will be)

I have it on good authority that he needs a hip replacement. Has a rare congenital disease that ages his body prematurely. But that’s on the QT. Nobody knows except the absolute inner circle.
No, stop this at once! Reinforcing M Malice 's hallucinations will only cause him further confusion! There is no Ty Gallop!

mpal6 covered it.

We are limited by how many picks we can take to the draft.

However, once the draft starts, we can trade one pick for multiple picks, and use them to match a bid.

He’ll probably be a late pick, where bids after pick

Yep, for example. Trading 27 to the Giants for 37, 53 and 56 on the night. Which would gain an extra 207 points

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back