List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

But leading off that Dev on 500k news. Surely that means pick 12 for dev seems reasonable. I’d take a future first or second.
Otherwise he goes to the Pies.
Doesn't sound like the Pies are an option considering they have Houston + Perryman, and very little to trade with.

Jon Ralph
He wanted to get there but the Houston deal needed to fall over for it to be a chance. Now the Pies have Houston and very little draft capital and just spent $1.7m or so on him and Perryman. So think it’s the Eagles

Cal sounds skeptical that the Robertson to Eagles trade even gets done on Trade Radio. Didn't seem confident.

On Jaxon Prior, Cal said Jaxon will have to choose b/w remaining at Lions where he has a contract in front of him or move to Essendon who want him as a DFA. I guess its a shame that it is an either or scenario whereby Essendon won't trade for him and we either lose him for nothing or stays on a new contract. I'd be happy keeping Jaxon as I personally rate him.

Dev on 500k is a surprise.

I’m worried after this trade period that the depth we had will be stripped to bare bones. I guess that’s the point of salary cap etc. but it will be interesting what happens going forward. Feel like we are over invested in third talls and lack KPP players.

By 2027 the average salary will be 600k. So it’s not crazy money in today’s terms. But probably a little bit to be sitting in the VFL with limited opportunity.

Would be good to free it + joes money up to try to re-sign starce and rayner and bring in a player end of next year.

Cal sounds skeptical that the Robertson to Eagles trade even gets done on Trade Radio. Didn't seem confident.
That’s probably unfortunate for Dev, but does it really matter for us?
  • We keep Dev who is great depth.
  • We don’t really need the extra pick/points (maybe need the list spot, but we always manage that)
  • We already cleared $1million from Joe. We could probably use some of Dev’s money to throw at Rayner/Starc early, but by the time we replace Dev it’s not a huge amount of money.
  • Dev is OOC end of next season anyway

What about Dev for WCE future 3rd?
Cannot just give players away for salary $ we are not Gold Coast :)
Although as I think I say every year players like Dev, Sharp and Prior might get better go elsewhere.
Here they waiting for a few injuries.

On Jaxon Prior, Cal said Jaxon will have to choose b/w remaining at Lions where he has a contract in front of him or move to Essendon who want him as a DFA. I guess its a shame that it is an either or scenario whereby Essendon won't trade for him and we either lose him for nothing or stays on a new contract. I'd be happy keeping Jaxon as I personally rate him.

If they can get barass done without too much complication I’d say this would be lined up on the conveyor belt behind it.

I’m worried after this trade period that the depth we had will be stripped to bare bones. I guess that’s the point of salary cap etc. but it will be interesting what happens going forward. Feel like we are over invested in third talls and lack KPP players.
Pretty sure a lot were thinking the same after we traded away player like Lewy Taylor, Tom Cutler and Nick Robbo in one off season.

If they can get barass done without too much complication I’d say this would be lined up on the conveyor belt behind it.
By the sounds of it though, both Hawthorn and Eagles are refusing to back down on their demands for Barrass.

Hawks are only offering an F1 + second-round pick and want F3 back whereas the Eagles are demanding two firsts. I guess unlike Eagles who committed to Baker and then overpaid, Hawks at this stage aren't willing to do the same given they drafted that pick 14 to Carlton.

You're right though, paperwork and a general understanding of what WCE / Lions are willing to deal Robertson for is probably ready to go if that Barrass deal gets done, but I couldn't imagine after the shit storm Eagles faced with yesterday's deal they'll relent and make Hawks blink first, if they're even able.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as we seem okay for points

I don’t mind keeping dev and prior

Depth is always good. We have four blokes coming off ACLs.

Also helps having a strong 2s team so you can play your style and structure in the 2s and players can come in ready to go
The list spots would come in handy though otherwise we may not have the points.
Unless if we delist a few and draft them back in the rookie draft.

The list spots would come in handy though otherwise we may not have the points.
Unless if we delist a few and draft them back in the rookie draft.
I would guess nobody else would be that hot on our mid year draftees? But guess is the operative word!

I like that outcome - Dev is solid midfield depth and a VFL standout, while Day can have an impact if needed and we don't lose anything rolling the dice.

My main association with Day for some reason is that when GC drafted him they made the slightly odd annoucement that with Day and Brennan they had two of the three highest vertical leaps from the history of the combine (I think NicNat was the other). Remember thinking at the time that jumping straight upwards from a standing start does not necessarily a good AFL player make.

Lions have massive depth, let's not forget the 4 experienced guys coming back from a knee reco.

Be free Jaxon, spread your wings and win Essendon their first final in over 20 years!

These guys deserve a chance and I feel a bit bad if they stay and don’t get it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back