List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The most likely option will be putting Lester through the draft again and take him with our last National Draft pick to open up a rookie spot for Beecken at least. That plus delisting Craven gets us five draft picks.

The most likely option will be putting Lester through the draft again and take him with our last National Draft pick to open up a rookie spot for Beecken at least. That plus delisting Craven gets us five draft picks.
Didn't Frog sign on for another year already at the start of the finals? "One year contracts for me and one week contracts for us for the rest of the season"

So, anyone can draft him before that?

We may have to delist Craven and Beecken and then move one or two onto the rookie list like we did with Lester a couple of years ago. I think that’s our only genuine option outside of delisting Prior because everyone else is contracted.

We can delist a contracted player and then re-draft them. Only difference is that we'd be on the hook for their contract if we didn't re-draft them.

We can delist a contracted player and then re-draft them. Only difference is that we'd be on the hook for their contract if we didn't re-draft them.
Really?
If another club picks them up surely they take over the contract?

Really?
If another club picks them up surely they take over the contract?

Oh yeah they would, though we'd need to make up the contract difference in the years we've contracted for if they sign for less. Was more thinking if you're delisting someone you don't think someone else will pick up (as a way to open a list spot).

Anyone recall Day’s recent history ? Didn’t play after his 6 contested marks v North in early July..out of favour with Dimma or injured again ?

Here’s what he was doing in the reserves this year- 20 goals from 8 matches is ok, with multiple goals in his last 6 matches. It’s just whether he can replicate that in the firsts if we need him too.

IMG_4890.png IMG_4891.png

From a list perspective, keeping Dev as back-up makes sense. Despite all the injuries we had this year, Neale missed one game (and Dev was injured at the same time), and McCluggage, Dunkley and Berry played every game. Our inside midfield depth really wasn't tested this year.

That being said, I do feel for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shattered to get to the end of trade week and not have Oscar Allen in our side.

I think it's time we started talking about Fagan. When was the last time he did something positive for this club?

We have eight rookies for six spots (two uncontracted) so we'll either need to delist or upgrade, and the latter cuts into our active picks too. So right now we effectively only have three active picks (assuming Prior moves on).
Guessing we’ll delist a couple of our rookies, with a commitment to redraft in the rookie draft.

Take two draftees and upgrade a couple of rookie listed players after bid matching, the redraft those we made a promise to.

Shattered to get to the end of trade week and not have Oscar Allen in our side.

I think it's time we started talking about Fagan. When was the last time he did something positive for this club?
He gave a great Ra Ra speech at the B/F trying to rally the troops for one last crack.

I think it would speak against our culture if we dumped him at this time with everything that's going on so for the sake of team unity I'm backing him in.

A goal a game from Day would be ok if he was contesting well in the air and some ruck.He would have strong scoring support around him.That said I think we would be trying other things first.

To be honest, i'm not expecting us to win the premiership next season. I think the loss of Joe will cause a huge structural change that will take some time to adapt. There is no one on our list that is capable of anything close to what he does, so I think if we play the same way we did this season, we will be a touch behind the better sides. And if we decide to change our structure because we can't replace him, it will likely have some teething issues that will probably cost us a few games. Honestly, i'm not worried about the next season. Because even if we don't win the prem, it won't sting as much considering we won it this season. And the future of our squad and our club has never looked healthier. So much to be positive about right now. I also hope everyone backs fages next season. Despite if we win every game or if we don't. He's been through so much and he deserves our support until he decides to retire himself.

To be honest, i'm not expecting us to win the premiership next season. I think the loss of Joe will cause a huge structural change that will take some time to adapt. There is no one on our list that is capable of anything close to what he does, so I think if we play the same way we did this season, we will be a touch behind the better sides. And if we decide to change our structure because we can't replace him, it will likely have some teething issues that will probably cost us a few games. Honestly, i'm not worried about the next season. Because even if we don't win the prem, it won't sting as much considering we won it this season. And the future of our squad and our club has never looked healthier. So much to be positive about right now. I also hope everyone backs fages next season. Despite if we win every game or if we don't. He's been through so much and he deserves our support until he decides to retire himself.
On the other hand it’s often remarked the premiers need to keep evolving otherwise you get worked out.

On the other hand it’s often remarked the premiers need to keep evolving otherwise you get worked out.
so true, and i hope we do. I think one of the reasons why we won the premiership this season is because Fagan adopted the take the game on at all costs option. I'm not sure if we can sustain that for four quarters, but I hope we play with more of that next season. Maybe this chaos football might even become more effective with a smaller forward line

Didn't Frog sign on for another year already at the start of the finals? "One year contracts for me and one week contracts for us for the rest of the season"
Yes. That just means we're on the hook for that amount if we don't redraft him in this scenario, but obviously the plan would be to bring him back.
So, anyone can draft him before that?
Yes. That's why clubs usually do it with guys they'll look to delist the following year (no risk if someone takes them) or old club men because there's a real threat they will retire if anyone else takes them. Hence Lester.
Guessing we’ll delist a couple of our rookies, with a commitment to redraft in the rookie draft.
Not sure how likely we would be to get them back if we did that. All at least flashed something, so you'd have to do it with someone you were fine with losing to another club jumping in earlier.
Take two draftees and upgrade a couple of rookie listed players after bid matching, the redraft those we made a promise to.
And by upgrade, we'd have to take them in the draft - not just the standard no risk upgrade, otherwise we don't get the benefit of live picks. Traditional rookie upgrades cancel out the picks prior to the draft itself.

Did you expect us to win the premiership this season?

The way I figure it we had all the crap things that could happen to us in a season in 2024 ,including losing Daniher at the end . The only good thing to come out of it was that we hit form in the last 4 games , had a bit of luck in a couple of those and played really well against a dumbstruck opponent in the last game.

So with even luck 2025 should be a good year.

Did you expect us to win the premiership this season?
At the start, of course. I think we should have won it last year as well, haha. But winning back to back is hard enough as it is. Thats why it's a rare feat. Doing it on top of losing one of our most important players makes it even harder. I think winning the premiership next season would be even more impressive than this season if we were lucky enough to do it because the degree of difficulty would be greater.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back