List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy can't kick goals but you want to bring him in for September the hardest time of the year to kick goals
beardancer / Daniher :hearts::hearts::hearts: is so 2024.

blueiris / Day :hearts::hearts::hearts: is the new hotness.

They will miss the 8 in 2025. Bookmark it
The thought has crossed my mind too. Come out of nowhere, get a bunch of wins, don't actually make it that deep in finals, at best it's 50/50 whether a team keeps building from that in a linear fashion. More likely they end up falling into that 6-8 range because they play a bit better and more consistently, but also get a bit more found out and maybe get their depth exposed a bit.

The thought has crossed my mind too. Come out of nowhere, get a bunch of wins, don't actually make it that deep in finals, at best it's 50/50 whether a team keeps building from that in a linear fashion. More likely they end up falling into that 6-8 range because they play a bit better and more consistently, but also get a bit more found out and maybe get their depth exposed a bit.

History suggests a few teams each season will drop out of the eight. The most likely teams would be Port, Hawks, Dogs and now probably GWS. Could be interesting.

The guy can't kick goals but you want to bring him in for September the hardest time of the year to kick goals
Sam hasn't played with our midfield delivering the ball to him - he will be licking his lips. Also he won't just be brought in for September but managed throughout the year depending on how his body is going. I suspect he will be in and out of the side but being primed for September.

Yes. Absolutely. He's already my new favourite player.
Get in line, I've already lodged my player sponsorship form and he's not even on our list yet.

You’ve gotta commit to this Day / Stringer bit for the next 12 months now

I actually don't mind the Sam Day option for us. Sure the injury thing is there but so is the talent. A free option to help our young forwards in the VFL and also perhaps the AFL if needed. Day has enough talent to potentially have an big impact if everything goes right for him.

See below VFL and AFL stats for 2024.
sday.jpg sday afl .jpg

History suggests a few teams each season will drop out of the eight. The most likely teams would be Port, Hawks, Dogs and now probably GWS. Could be interesting.
If you watched Fox's Trade program last night, they had the following teams making the four in light of how they traded; Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn and said Lions and Swans would make the eight along with Adelaide, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, GWS. Think their numbers may be out ;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, i'm not expecting us to win the premiership next season.

Nobody expected us to win this year. Hawks won 2 after Buddy (one of the GOATs) left. Dogs won one with a lack of key personnel. Can't rule anything out in the current era after winning from 13th in the mid-season, then winning from 5th (the second time in the modern era).

Fully expect us to run with three key forwards, then change mid-season if no success is found.

Good to see we learnt from the Fev decision and avoided the fire sale on Stringer despite needing a forward.

I am not convinced re Day, even as backup given his body has not stood up. That said, with all respect I am not so sure how good the conditioning staff at the Gold Coast are given that so many of their players have struggled to get on the park, only to leave and remain relatively injury free elsewhere.

However, whilst Day might be a little more durable under our regime, I would still prefer someone with a stronger track record of getting on the park. Like others, with not much time to source a decent Joe replacement, I could see us restructuring our forward set up. Linc might yet feature more than many of us thought he would after the emergence of Kai.

Didn't think the club ever wanted Stringer. Day will be a stopgap for a year. Hopefully we get a juicy free-agent next year.

Nobody expected us to win this year. Hawks won 2 after Buddy (one of the GOATs) left. Dogs won one with a lack of key personnel. Can't rule anything out in the current era after winning from 13th in the mid-season, then winning from 5th (the second time in the modern era).

Fully expect us to run with three key forwards, then change mid-season if no success is found.

Didn't think the club ever wanted Stringer. Day will be a stopgap for a year. Hopefully we get a juicy free-agent next year.

Yep. Day, Hipwood and Morris are in the round one team from next year. All we need is Day to provide a forward/ruck role. No one is expecting him to replace Daniher. Just keep the setup the same

If you watched Fox's Trade program last night, they had the following teams making the four in light of how they traded; Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn and said Lions and Swans would make the eight along with Adelaide, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, GWS. Think their numbers may be out ;)
I am tipping that 8 out of the 18 teams will make the finals. Take it to the bank!

Personally I think the strength of our team at the moment is our medium forwards, along with the midfield.
Even if McCarthy comes back in the team next year, we don’t really have any smalls, because they all play taller and can get up and take high marks.
Rayner, Cameron, AhChee, Lohmann, Morris, McCarthy.

I'd be putting money on the Giants for next season GF I don't think they lost anyone and added a 40 goal a year fwd

They lost three best 22 in players in Perryman, Cumming and Peatling. Not saying they can’t come back since they are very good at developing draft talent but they lost more than they brought in.

Not expecting Day to do much other than kick a goal a game. That’s 23 out of Daniher’s 50 goals last season. Charlie can kick 50 again after only kicking 40 last season so that leaves around 20 goals for Hipwood, Bailey, Lohmann, Morris, Rayner and our midfield to also add to.

Confident we can be just as good hitting the scoreboard. Will be less effective with Day as the second ruck and around the ground instead of Daniher but that’s not being fixed with Jake Stringer.

hmm, Carlton selling future hand and two teens picks to get to pick 3 - I'm not sold on it.
If they had a mid-range season, that trade will look so bad in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back