List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Thanks GIF by M&M’S Chocolate
Mmmmmm MnMs

think this forum overrates prior, i wrote him off after his performance against hawthorn in 2023. one of the worst games i can recall from a brisbane player in the last 5 years. what are his afl level traits? happy if he gets picked up elsewhere and equally happy to commit that list spot to somebody else.

think this forum overrates prior, i wrote him off after his performance against hawthorn in 2023. one of the worst games i can recall from a brisbane player in the last 5 years. what are his afl level traits? happy if he gets picked up elsewhere and equally happy to commit that list spot to somebody else.

He's not an A-grade player so there is inconsistency in his output but by league standards - composure, kicking, reading of the play, competitiveness and leadership/culture. He would get games in a lesser side where he isn't behind the talent we have IMO. Has an obvious ceiling, but is at the level.

I was at that game too, could not believe what I was seeing. He barely even tried, literally looked like he was walking around the wing sulking. I’m not sad he’s gone.

In my case I've spent the last few years backing the guy (Prior) to make it with the Lions so I'm not going to stick the boot into him on the way out. Let's see if he gets picked up.

We are sometimes too quick to write off players who leave for instance Keays and Hinge. Five or so years in and they are not looking like cementing a spot then in most cases greener pastures is the go, especially with a list crunch.

In my case I've spent the last few years backing the guy (Prior) to make it with the Lions so I'm not going to stick the boot into him on the way out. Let's see if he gets picked up.

We are sometimes too quick to write off players who leave for instance Keays and Hinge. Five or so years in and they are not looking like cementing a spot then in most cases greener pastures is the go, especially with a list crunch.

Ben Keays always had AFL level traits. Its just that he was behind Neale, Lyons, McCluggage, J Berry in the midfield, behind Cameron, Bailey and Mccarthy in the forward line and does not have the tank to play wing or the disposal skills to play half back. Keays is lucky he got to the Crows where their deficiencies let Keays play his role as a half forward. Despite this I think Keays limitations remain the same (tank and kicking). Hinge was offered a contract but declined for a bigger contract at the Crows. I think Hinge is comparable to Answerth (though some might say Answerth has eclipsed him this year)

I think Prior has some large deficiencies with his disposal and his decision making. He is nowhere near Starc in defense and Answerth has improved his disposal and overtaken him. Prior lost his wing spot to Jaspa in his first year. I'm not sure if consistent game time will help Prior improve his disposal at AFL level. I think he will be like Witherden if he gets picked up. He will be good enough to be in the 22 for a bottom 4 side but I doubt he will be someone that you keep in your 22 when you lift out of that position.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back