List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zakostelsky will be safe for next year. Guy is the defender equivalent of Sharp and Lloyd - he'll take 3-4 years to show something. Would be silly to cut him next year with that in mind. Same with Lloyd.

Beecken will stay on if Zorks retires, Craven and McLachlan probably stay on too.

Tunstill and Robertson will be delists or trades, Lester and McKenna retire (plus Zorko), which leaves 5 lists spots next year, one gets taken by Annable, one by whatever forward is brought in, which then leaves spots for any other trades/free agents/etc. who get brought in.

Only question mark out of the OOC's would be Kai and Starce. If we keep the 3 tall structure, McCarthy, Kai and Bailey are all playing for the same spot in the team. Can only have 2 of them with 3 talls on the field, even with a 5-man bench

Starce is a name that keeps coming up as a name that's floated around (mainly by the Eagles board/supporters) as someone who could leave. Apparently, he has a property or two out Perth way. Could be covered by Answorth if he did leave, but you'd want to keep him.
I've always found the whole <insert player name> has bought a property back where they are from as a misnomer.

As someone has bought / invested in property's both here and interstate, I don't get why players when they know post career (they may return home) or may not (see Dan Rich acquiring property in Perth) or even as part of an investment strategy purchase property's anywhere how that could lead anyone to make such an assumption particularly for very cashed up young men who have half a brain and being advised when they also are no doubt renting the properties watching their equity grow. I honestly don't think one necessarily follows the other (acknowledging that you aren't saying that).

I've always found the whole <insert player name> has bought a property back where they are from as a misnomer.

As someone has bought / invested in property's both here and interstate, I don't get why players when they know post career (they may return home) or may not (see Dan Rich acquiring property in Perth) or even as part of an investment strategy purchase property's anywhere how that could lead anyone to make such an assumption particularly for very cashed up young men who have half a brain and being advised when they also are no doubt renting the properties watching their equity grow. I honestly don't think one necessarily follows the other (acknowledging that you aren't saying that).

A couple of weeks ago an Eagles supporter posted on our board somewhere (can't remember the thread/name) about the property purchase for Strace in Perth, I basically said the same thing, but it doesn't stop someone from coming up as a free agency/trade target.

Zakostelsky will be safe for next year. Guy is the defender equivalent of Sharp and Lloyd - he'll take 3-4 years to show something. Would be silly to cut him next year with that in mind. Same with Lloyd.

Beecken will stay on if Zorks retires, Craven and McLachlan probably stay on too.

Tunstill and Robertson will be delists or trades, Lester and McKenna retire (plus Zorko), which leaves 5 lists spots next year, one gets taken by Annable, one by whatever forward is brought in, which then leaves spots for any other trades/free agents/etc. who get brought in.

Only question mark out of the OOC's would be Kai and Starce. If we keep the 3 tall structure, McCarthy, Kai and Bailey are all playing for the same spot in the team. Can only have 2 of them with 3 talls on the field, even with a 5-man bench

Starce is a name that keeps coming up as a name that's floated around (mainly by the Eagles board/supporters) as someone who could leave. Apparently, he has a property or two out Perth way. Could be covered by Answorth if he did leave, but you'd want to keep him.

Starce's name came up because "theTradeGuru" or "theTradeTopHat" or whatever raised starce on twitter, the worst social media platform in the world. Maybe he goes, but there's not been one credible source at all.

Nathan every time Keays name comes up you instantly go out of your way with the laughing emojis and generally derogatory comments to downplay his achievements.

We've heard the same thing 100 times.

After 8 or 10 years maybe it's time you got off his back.
I stood on the sidelines watching Ben Keays for many years in juniors as he and his older brother as they played in the same team with my son. 'Little Benny' as he was called had to play up a couple of years as his dad was coaching the older brother and going through a divorce so both boys had to play together logistically they couldn't be at separate grounds back then. Benny became tough and determined after being 'rag dolled' quite a bit as the littlest kid on the park. You would never meet a nicer bloke, when it didn't work at the Lions I always thought if he got another chance he would certainly be the one to make it work.

To me he always had a good tank, would run all day. The only thing I observed was that at the moment the ball hit his foot he would look down in that last millisecond, was there enough time then to change decisions I dont know, did the looking down add a bit of inaccuracy? I don't know. I do know he went great once out of the mid-field or as a bit of a tagger in the midfield.

Great kid, great family - Good on you Benny.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back