List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Promising forward Will McLachlan, who was contracted for 2025, has moved quickly to extend his stay at Brighton Homes Arena until the end of 2026.

It’s a similar case for versatile forward Luke Lloyd who is also staying on with the club after the 2023 draftee earned another season with the reigning premier.

Mid-season draftee Luke Beecken has been rewarded with a one-year rookie contract extension until the end of next season.

The club has informed fellow mid-season draftee Darcy Craven and defender Darragh Joyce they will be offered a one-year contract for 2025, with the Lions advising the pair of its intentions to re-select them via the rookie draft.

Brisbane Lions List Manager, Dom Ambrogio said the club was very pleased to lock away this group of re-signings.

“It is great that we have been able to reward these five players by offering them contract extensions to remain at the Brisbane Lions,” Ambrogio said.

“Each of these players has shown strong development during their time at the club and we are excited to see them work hard to continue to build on their game in a bid to push for regular AFL section in 2025 and beyond.”

Beecken, Lloyd, McLachlan, Joyce and Craven extend all add another year to their contracts

No Morris

I mean this heading was screaming out to be written:

'The Stay at Home Five'

On another note, McLachlan being a medium sized forward - could he be the unexpected Joe replacement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm bullish about Lloyd becoming a good AFL player. Watched the game he played against Sandy in the VFL this year where he ended up with something like 20 disposals, 15 marks and 3 goals and was everywhere.
I was talking to a father of a Sandringham Dragons player up here in the middle of the year whose son was also drafted to another AFL club and played with Lloyd and saw pretty much every one of his Dragons games when watching his own son and he rates Lloyd very highly and said he thought he'd go earlier but was adamant that he'd easily make the standard.

Its always hard getting an exact read on first year players when its also their first year playing against men and whilst he started slowly, I thought his reserves form improved very steadily in the second half of the year when I chatted to this fella.

I know it's been discussed before and I'm one of belief will come from within, but if things don't seem to be working with a new game plan - Tom De Koning is still around at the end of the year although we may not have enough money if they match the bid.

As long as we don’t go from ‘Cam is about to re-sign’ immediately to ‘Cam believes he has achieved everything and intends to retire to Northern NSW’, I’ll be happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back