List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you not say the same about any footballer and yet many sign contract extensions before their final year of a deal?
Most players don't demonstrate they're well ahead of expectations in their first year.

Can you not say the same about any footballer and yet many sign contract extensions before their final year of a deal?

You could, but good key forwards are much rarer than a promising young mid. If Logan has a strong 2025, he could get a very nice long term deal. If he has an average/injured year, he'd probably not stop in much value (if any) given what he's already shown he is capable of. If I were in his shoes I'd absolutely be doing the same thing.

You could, but good key forwards are much rarer than a promising young mid. If Logan has a strong 2025, he could get a very nice long term deal. If he has an average/injured year, he'd probably not stop in much value (if any) given what he's already shown he is capable of. If I were in his shoes I'd absolutely be doing the same thing.

Still don't see why this doesn't apply to every footballer

He's just had a massive year. I doubt his value is getting much higher unless he kicks 40-50 goals

Our huge list of players out of contract in 12 months is big with many that we need signed up yesterday:

Must re-signs - Lohmann, Ah Chee, Morris, Rayner and Starcevich

Likely retirements - Zorko, Lester and McKenna

Retire or one more year: McCarthy, Gardiner, Fort and Joyce

Make or break seasons for: Robertson, Lloyd, Zakostelsky, Tunstill, Torrent and rookies McLachlan, Beecken and Craven

Time for DD and Dom Ambrogio to get to work on that top list.
Zorko won’t retire next year, he’s got Boomer Harvey vibes all over him. Will play until he’s forty.

Zorko won’t retire next year, he’s got Boomer Harvey vibes all over him. Will play until he’s forty.
think its easy to forget that most would have considered zorko lucky to play 15 games this year. has had a fair injury history over the last 4-5 years.

its a minor miracle he played a full season and a recurrence of the heel / calf issues that have previously seen him hobbling or missing games could see him decide to pull the pin

Still don't see why this doesn't apply to every footballer

He's just had a massive year. I doubt his value is getting much higher unless he kicks 40-50 goals

I think there's a realistic chance he could kick 40 and do just that tbh. Would be worth the gamble if you're his manager and in Logan's shoes.

think its easy to forget that most would have considered zorko lucky to play 15 games this year. has had a fair injury history over the last 4-5 years.

its a minor miracle he played a full season and a recurrence of the heel / calf issues that have previously seen him hobbling or missing games could see him decide to pull the pin
All hail Dave the Needle Guy for helping us win the Premiership

When is morris contracted until?

I'm hoping that if he isn't signed its because he wants to wait to improve his negotiating position, not because he is looking to leverage by going to a different club

According to this we're already in talks so extension news might come along soon.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable last week, Morris' manager Tim Hazell from Vivid Sports said negotiations with Lions list boss Dom Ambrogio were now underway.

"Outside of the top 20, it's an activation for a third (year in a draftee's contract). There's no negotiating, it's just what the top 20 get and it gets passed on to those players," Hazell said.

"We're having some conversations with Dom about potentially activating the third year and then looking at a fourth. We'll keep that conversation going over the next couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back