List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Our sometimes #1 ruckman is incapable of taking an overhead mark or even being in position to take one.

Trade him immediately. Absolute waste of an AFL contract.
I read this alot and I have the same view as you but who is dumb enough take him ā€¦ if you and I can see how the game has passed him , you think a team will trade for him ā€¦name
One team that will do it ā€¦ I reckon we are stuck with him unfortunately

I read this alot and I have the same view as you but who is dumb enough take him ā€¦ if you and I can see how the game has passed him , you think a team will trade for him ā€¦name
One team that will do it ā€¦ I reckon we are stuck with him unfortunately
It beggars belief that our numbnuts gave him a 5 year contract :$

So we have limited picks as currency but clearing Martin, Marchy and Cunners frees up serious coinā€¦..

Josh Battle looking like the smart move.
Little bit undersized but i think his defensive capabilities are a major upgrade on Kemp (as a KPD)

If an in contract Barass requires 2 first rounders then Hawks can have himā€¦..

Sign Haynes as the back up

So we have limited picks as currency but clearing Martin, Marchy and Cunners frees up serious coinā€¦..

Josh Battle looking like the smart move.
Little bit undersized but i think his defensive capabilities are a major upgrade on Kemp (as a KPD)

If an in contract Barass requires 2 first rounders then Hawks can have himā€¦..

Sign Haynes as the back up
Battle being offered around $900k a season from the hawks. We would be stupid to pay that for him in my opinion. I know people rate him highly, but I donā€™t see it. He plays in a team where the defense is heavily protected by the system they play, so he very rarely gets exposed

One team that will do it
ā€¦ I reckon we are stuck with him unfortunately
Adelaide

Based on evidence last year, we started winning games once we had martin, fog and cuningham come into the side.

All forwards. Each offering something different. Elijha covers cuningham. Fog remains and martin will be the main piece we are missing and need to replace. That will be hard, as he is a fast marking target who kicks goals and is a terrific pressure player. The drop off in form from durdin and unavailability of Cottrell has exposed us further.

I think this is where we need to focus our list management for improvement.

The other obvious area to address is kp depth. We really are very thin. Im not has convinced as others we desperately need a kpd now, we need pressure up the ground. So a mid, like cerra when back, will make a massive diff.

Otherwise i think we are in reasonable shape. We have wilson as developing hbf, and cowan has improved massively this year.

I keep looking at how Hawks have rebuilt their list quickly.

Chol Dā€™Ambrosio Ginnivan Newcombe Dear combined added to some good picks etc

None of these players were established stars elsewhere but have improved the team and themselves

Itā€™s good drafting, trading combined with good coaching. I feel we are okay but not great in all these areas. If we can improve 10% in these areas we will be fine. I just feel this off season is Massive for the next decade of this once great club

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only article with an amount in it that I can find is John Ralph saying high 600s from us for 6 years, and that Crows offer 8-850
Plus, consider that likely 90%+ of these "xxx Club has offered player yyy $zzz" media reports come not from the club(s), but from the player agents, as part of new deal negotiations for their players. Hayward almost certainly falls into this bucket... a few weeks later, a new deal with the Swans is inked. Maybe we had some interest, maybe we didn't. But the media report tells us nothing.

Haynes Iā€™m okay with as heā€™s free but not fussed on a 33 year old player no matter how good he was
Barras/McGovern is a no because of cost
Wicks I like
Garcia would be handy

Sunday will also hopefully see the emergence of future best 22 players in Lord & Moir.
Wilson Oā€™Keefe are 2 others I believe will step up next year

None of our current OOC at end of year move the needle for me, and of them, I reckon J.Carroll would be the only one to retain for depth (if we were to keep them). But at nest, if any leave, it would probably give only a few late picks.
Trac would be awesome, bit I am not sure on cost. I actually don't think our list is all that bad, and with growth of some of the young players, plus a few wise trades (plus a wise DFA or 2), I am still optimistic for 2025.
For me, the biggest in for 2025 will be good HP appointment who can keep players on field, fit and firing...

A combination of the below, plus hitting the draft would be a good off-season:

Stone - Martin
Haynes (FA) - Marchbank
Peatling - Carroll
Konstanty - Owies
McMahon (DFA) - Young
Grainger-Barras (DFA) - Big Durdin

BP: Haynes
CHB: Grainger-Barras
MID: Peatling
HF/MID: Stone
SF: Konstanty
FF: McMahon
Great Post. This is is the type of realistic strategic recruiting + 2 high draft picks required to fill needs. I don't know all the players but Sure beats hail mary's like Petracca

I keep looking at how Hawks have rebuilt their list quickly.

Chol Dā€™Ambrosio Ginnivan Newcombe Dear combined added to some good picks etc

None of these players were established stars elsewhere but have improved the team and themselves

Itā€™s good drafting, trading combined with good coaching. I feel we are okay but not great in all these areas. If we can improve 10% in these areas we will be fine. I just feel this off season is Massive for the next decade of this once great club
The Hawks rebuilt with alot of midseason, cat Bs, 2nd and 3rd rounders, astute trades. That is why I don't rate Nick Austin

Hard to believe Hawks will be picking up both Battle and Barrass. If they target Barrass, we should perhaps consider Battle. He may not be as tall as you'd like, but he at least plays like a key position defender.

Some burly types wouldn't go astray either.
A forward line consisting of Fogarty, Owies, Martin, etc strikes not a lot of fear factor in the contest.
If I could pick one forward in the comp right now without contract/trade considerations it would be Josh Rachele. That dude is an absolute gun and super dangerous. Unfortunately signed until 2029.

Hard to believe Hawks will be picking up both Battle and Barrass. If they target Barrass, we should perhaps consider Battle. He may not be as tall as you'd like, but he at least plays like a key position defender.
I've gone cold on McGovern and I think Barass would be the KPD I'd target. He is exactly what we need and the right age demographic.

If I could pick one forward in the comp right now without contract/trade considerations it would be Josh Rachele. That dude is an absolute gun and super dangerous. Unfortunately signed until 2029.

He is exactly what we need.

Iā€™d be willing to part with our first and a second (if we could get one for Owies), or if pushed, Moir and our first to get Rachele. Iā€™d let go of Cerra to get Rachele, but Cerra wonā€™t leave Melbourne.

I've gone cold on McGovern and I think Barass would be the KPD I'd target. He is exactly what we need and the right age demographic.

Barras will cost too much in terms of salary and trade capital.

Use our first as part of a deal to get Rachele.

Use Cerra to get our key defender, Steven May.

Agree on Rachele but I'd love him in a more midfield role - could be a star

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back