List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the worst shout and surprised I haven't thought of him before. My family are all Crows fans and I watch every game they play so I don't mind Butts at all as a 2nd defender.

My only ? On that would be that he maybe is too similar to Weitering in that they're both good 1v1 defenders but maybe not the best at peeling off and helping/intercepting.

Despite that, depending on cost he'd be a decent get.

Totally agree that his conservativism (he's very much a stay at home KPD) and safe disposal lower his ceiling, but he's a reliable guy and you don't seem to have enough of them for the moment.

Totally agree that his conservativism (he's very much a stay at home KPD) and safe disposal lower his ceiling, but he's a reliable guy and you don't seem to have enough of them for the moment.
I like Butts and I like Keane - I’m surprised Keane hasn’t been linked to Geelong, I sat next to him in Torquay at a breakfast spot during summer

Bloke is not a likely looking athlete, I only recognised him because he has a thick Irish accent and was wearing Crom kit hahaha

We should take advantage of Melbourne being in crisis and make a play for Steven May.

Did hard Blue bagger growing up who did his AIS training with us. Probably wants a shot at another flag.

Ideal partner for Weiters down back.

None that I'm aware of - which I honestly find surprising. I'm definitely happy for the Crows to hold onto him, but he seems like a guy who could help out a couple of different Melbourne sides.
From Shep originally I think. Usually the country vic guys are less of a flight risk. He’d be a good get for our needs but I can’t see him leaving with Keane seemingly on the way out.

We should take advantage of Melbourne being in crisis and make a play for Steven May.

Did hard Blue bagger growing up who did his AIS training with us. Probably wants a shot at another flag.

Ideal partner for Weiters down back.
Would be an interesting market to see who he punches first. Reckon it’d be Newman

What would be his trade price?

Genuinely not sure, so curious to know your opinion.

Future 2nd rounder?

Not the worst shout and surprised I haven't thought of him before. My family are all Crows fans and I watch every game they play so I don't mind Butts at all as a 2nd defender.

My only ? On that would be that he maybe is too similar to Weitering in that they're both good 1v1 defenders but maybe not the best at peeling off and helping/intercepting.

Despite that, depending on cost he'd be a decent get.
I strongly believe that Weitering is a better intercept defender than he is 1-on-1 defender, we've just never had the team to allow him the freedom to peel off.

Thoughts on looking at Nick Hind from Essendon? Can't get a game and seems in the outer. Has speed to burn off half back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I strongly believe that Weitering is a better intercept defender than he is 1-on-1 defender, we've just never had the team to allow him the freedom to peel off.
Not sure about that, he's the best 1v1 defender in the comp by a margin which the stats show. He has been for a few years. Suggesting his intercepting is better would have him as the best intercepting backman by a long way.

But your overall point I agree with, I'd like him to be allowed to play a little looser and more an intercepting role, it's something we miss. I know McGov and Kemp notionally play the role but I'm not convinced by either.

Moir debuting, good to see him getting a run. That Jack Martin role is his for the taking, hopefully he shows out!

(Edit: Posted elsewhere re Petracca, but relevant here re List Mgt this year , interested in viewers’ thoughts …)

IMO our need for pace is so much the key, that we need, not 1-2, but actually 3-4 quick players, which if added around the flanks and midfield, would dramatically alter our game style and results.

Every time I watch McCreery and his mates burning us on the spread I think exactly this, and also I think the Hawks burnt us like this too, ditto giants.

So 3-4: aggressive List Mgt action for a good draft haul from say 2 early picks who are quick & good users, and a couple of trades for 2 x ‘value’ fast players - and we’re right in it next year. *2nd KPD to help Weiters notwithstanding, needs to be dealt with aswell, but a Haynes may get us a fair way here, if we’re winning upfield due to the above …

So, IMO no 1 player can solve the above problem, not even 2, and as good as Petracca is, and he is elite, no 29yo, injured or not, is worth missing the above opportunity to grab 3-4 to fill out our team structure and game style around our gun core (spine and Cripps/walsh)

I don’t want to lose any of our gun 6 players and just to be clear that is Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Charlie, Weiters and TDK. If we trade any of them and we should hand back our license. I also don’t see any reason why we would trade Kemp, Elijah, Ollie, Cowan, Cinc, Saad, Acres, Fog, Doc, SOS, Wilson, Lord and Newman, albeit for different reasons. Everyone else however is on the block.

Of who remains Cerra clearly has the most value but he is steak knives in a Petracca trade so I think we all need to forget about that happening. The guy I actually want from Melbourne is May. Some might bulk at him as a “culture killer” but it’s hardly like we’ve got a culture to write home about and maybe we need a guy to come and shake things up. I reckon both clubs win in a Cerra for May swap.

The other guy we need to be into is Rachele. I know I’ve gone on an about it a fair bit but a fast small with natural goalkicking instincts and the ability to run through the middle of the ground is exactly what we need. I’d be willing to part with our first round draft pick and a bit more like a second round pick (we could get one for Owies) or, if they insisted, Moir, to get Rachele into the club.

I’d certainly consider moving guys like Kennedy, Hewett, Williams, Gov, Carroll, Owies, Motlop, Corey Durdin, Pittonet and Boyd however, other than Owies, I doubt if any of them have any real currency. Young on the other hand should be kept IMO as we already are dangerously undermanned when it comes to tall defenders. I’d also persevere with Mirkov given we’ve invested in him for so long. Ditto Akeui.

The injury prone guys - Marchbank, Martin, Cuningham and S Durdin - all need to go. We have burnt 4 spots on the list by having them at the club for far too long. I’d be looking at cheap like-for-like replacements for them like Haynes, Parker, Wicks (or Konstanty) and Elliott Himmelberg. If we do all that and get O’Farrell with our second pick and the Campo twins and I reckon we would’ve done ok.

It’s a make-or-break season for the club next year. If we get our football department right great things could happen. If we don’t we are in real trouble of getting nothing from the 2015 rebuild which would be a disaster for everyone especially the fans, and should also result in a clean out at the board and management level of the club.

I don’t want to lose any of our gun 6 players and just to be clear that is Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Charlie, Weiters and TDK. If we trade any of them and we should hand back our license. I also don’t see any reason why we would trade Kemp, Elijah, Ollie, Cowan, Cinc, Saad, Acres, Fog, Doc, SOS, Wilson, Lord and Newman, albeit for different reasons. Everyone else however is on the block.

Of who remains Cerra clearly has the most value but he is steak knives in a Petracca trade so I think we all need to forget about that happening. The guy I actually want from Melbourne is May. Some might bulk at him as a “culture killer” but it’s hardly like we’ve got a culture to write home about and maybe we need a guy to come and shake things up. I reckon both clubs win in a Cerra for May swap.

The other guy we need to be into is Rachele. I know I’ve gone on an about it a fair bit but a fast small with natural goalkicking instincts and the ability to run through the middle of the ground is exactly what we need. I’d be willing to part with our first round draft pick and a bit more like a second round pick (we could get one for Owies) or, if they insisted, Moir, to get Rachele into the club.

I’d certainly consider moving guys like Kennedy, Hewett, Williams, Gov, Carroll, Owies, Motlop, Corey Durdin, Pittonet and Boyd however, other than Owies, I doubt if any of them have any real currency. Young on the other hand should be kept IMO as we already are dangerously undermanned when it comes to tall defenders. I’d also persevere with Mirkov given we’ve invested in him for so long. Ditto Akeui.

The injury prone guys - Marchbank, Martin, Cuningham and S Durdin - all need to go. We have burnt 4 spots on the list by having them at the club for far too long. I’d be looking at cheap like-for-like replacements for them like Haynes, Parker, Wicks (or Konstanty) and Elliott Himmelberg. If we do all that and get O’Farrell with our second pick and the Campo twins and I reckon we would’ve done ok.

It’s a make-or-break season for the club next year. If we get our football department right great things could happen. If we don’t we are in real trouble of getting nothing from the 2015 rebuild which would be a disaster for everyone especially the fans, and should also result in a clean out at the board and management level of the club.
All of those you listed (Haynes, Parker, Wicks and Himmelberg - I don't know enough about Konstanty) would be huge acquisitions for us

I would love to be a player manager or list manager, I think it'd be such an interesting, rewarding and high pressure job

Like some others on here, I'm not real keen on Petracca. Don't get me wrong - he's a match winner - but the price both in $$ and draft capital would be massive, especially as he's still contracted. Dee's aint gonna let him go for a packet of chips.

We've got plenty of top end talent on our list - I agree with another poster that it's the next group underneath that which we should look at bolstering that won't break the bank.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back