List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be great if the Giants would let him go.

The Giants are stacked for KPD.
He might jump at the opportunity of a starting position alongside Weitering and a solid contract.
He’s OOC next year and the Giants have always been prepared to trade from day one.
Our FF rounder might be around the mark for him …

We're hardly stocked with tall defenders.
Marchy and Durdin will be gone.
Who knows what will happen with Young? Will he pull his finger out?
Gov isn't exactly Mr Reliable, and Kemp is maybe more suited to the forwardline.

Haynes is a quality player, has experience, no cost trade wise, cheap salary wise.
I must admit I thought he had a year to run on his contract...but apparently not. If it's a case or Marchbank or Durdin out and Haynes in I could get around it, but I'd rather find a genuine CHB and have McGovern play as the third tall.

Just on numbers.
Reasonable assumptions at this point in time:
All uncontracted players (9) will be let go, or traded (Owies, Bot).
Lord & Duffy (Cat B) in.
Haynes in as FA.

Would give us 3 Senior List spots & 3 Rookie List Spots.

Maybe we trade a contracted player for another spot/trade in?
But I'm not so sure.

Of those mentioned as possibles, I don't think we can afford to lose Young unless we're getting another mature KPD in in addition to Haynes prior to the draft. How many kids 2 years in with 2 years to go (Binns) get traded?
Also think Pitto, despite his recent poor form, is too valuable as depth, especially given his contract. We'd have to get one hell of an offer for it to be worth it.

I must admit I thought he had a year to run on his contract...but apparently not. If it's a case or Marchbank or Durdin out and Haynes in I could get around it, but I'd rather find a genuine CHB and have McGovern play as the third tall.

Yeah, Haynes is an FA, and I'd be shocked if both Marchy and SDurdin aren't gone.
Agree we need more KPD.

Well said. We need to find our bobby hill
Imo
I remember when the filth picked up bobby hill and I thought to myself, that’s a nothing pick up lol
Rosas could be that player.
Okay, after watching that highlights package. I am sold.

Can remember watching him play a couple of times on the telly. Was impressed with him, has a lot of toe.

Would easily become our fastest player, has real goal nous and a lovely left peg.

Like somebody else said, playing for us at a big Melb club with a good culture. In the premiership window.

Should help him get the best out of himself. Could actually see this becoming a very similar story to that of Bobby Hill.

Okay, after watching that highlights package. I am sold.

Can remember watching him play a couple of times on the telly. Was impressed with him, has a lot of toe.

Would easily become our fastest player, has real goal nous and a lovely left peg.

Like somebody else said, playing for us at a big Melb club with a good culture. In the premiership window.

Should help him get the best out of himself. Could actually see this becoming a very similar story to that of Bobby Hill.
Yep agree mate. We need his type and it’s not like it’s to bigger risk to take, but if he can give us that real speed defensively and offensively through the middle and up forward, then he could be part of fixing that point of difference player we are looking for 🤞

I'm just not sure there's any appeal for GWS in trading a player who is contracted for next year, for a future first round pick.

They've got a few other players being targeted - Cumming has a few suitors, Haynes likely to walk (to us?), Perryman being courted by Hawthorn, Peatling putting together a solid month of footy and likely garnering interest, Connor Stone a former first round pick struggling to break into their loaded forward line.

I don't think they gain anything by trading Aleer now for a future asset, when they could hold him and potentially use him next year and still get a good price for him in 12 months time.
GWS wouldn’t want to lose him, but he’s 23yrs old and has only played the 12 games, depending on what happens this year for him and summing up at years end in club/player talks along with the offers infront of him in playing regular footy with more likely guaranteed game time…

Just on numbers.
Reasonable assumptions at this point in time:
All uncontracted players (9) will be let go, or traded (Owies, Bot).
Lord & Duffy (Cat B) in.
Haynes in as FA.

Would give us 3 Senior List spots & 3 Rookie List Spots.

Maybe we trade a contracted player for another spot/trade in?
But I'm not so sure.

Of those mentioned as possibles, I don't think we can afford to lose Young unless we're getting another mature KPD in in addition to Haynes prior to the draft. How many kids 2 years in with 2 years to go (Binns) get traded?
Also think Pitto, despite his recent poor form, is too valuable as depth, especially given his contract. We'd have to get one hell of an offer for it to be worth it.
We could put Fantasia or even Doc on the rookie list to open up another senior list spot if we need to…
Haynes rookie list spot as well…

Everyones got different opinions on players, but I still think this is the 'type' of player we should be after. Bobby Hill has shown to be one for the Pies, Joe Berry in the draft has some of these qualities too, but he's far better defensively which is why I'm so high on him. I just think we desperately lack a bit of spark and magic in the forward line which we probably hoped Martin or Fantasia would provide if they could ever get healthy. Having someone capable of just running flat stick into an open goal and without being chased down by their opponent would also be great.

Motlop is meant to be that guy...

Looks bulky, too heavy and too slow presently.

We could put Fantasia or even Doc on the rookie list to open up another senior list spot if we need to…
Haynes rookie list spot as well…
Fantasia would be the one.
Can't take Haynes as an FA to the Rookie List, would have to wait to the Rookie Draft, which I doubt is something he'd want.

Edit:
We should do the Fantasia move, so 4 & 2.
And hope Lucas doesn't cop a bid and we can take him as a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meant to be, but I agree... Would get mowed down by a tortoise right now. Needs to have a massive pre season and get himself a sprint trainer
We have a number of players that could benefit from Crippa’s personal running/speed coach…
It’s made a big difference for him..

GWS wouldn’t want to lose him, but he’s 23yrs old and has only played the 12 games, depending on what happens this year for him and summing up at years end in club/player talks along with the offers infront of him in playing regular footy with more likely guaranteed game time…

Yeah, I see the appeal for him.

Not so much for GWS. If they lose Cumming from their starting backline, Perryman as their starting utility, Haynes as their depth defensive utility, Lachlan Keeffe (likely to retire) as an over the hill KPP and perhaps Conor Stone as a depth/developing third tall forward, then GWS may well decide that Aleer is very a very handy option to have on their list. He's potentially next man up down back, or could be trialled as a forward 50 option.

They don't lose anything by holding him for a year if the best we can offer is a pick next year. Holding him gives them a chance to make use of him for minimum one season, a chance that he breaks out and proves himself a valuable commodity they can re-sign, and a chance to see what our future pick actually is before agreeing to a deal.

And ultimately - he's contracted. If GWS don't see the value in a deal this year they won't deal. I think we'd have to pay overs for him. That may still be the right move, mind you.

Brings me to another question for anyone who can answer - is Aleer actually a good defender/footballer? I know he's a tad undersized but offsets that with his jump. I know he's a solid mark. But does he read the play? Does he make good decisions? Does he execute reliably by foot? Does he work as part of a cohesive defensive group? I'm not saying these are issues - haven't seen enough of him - but I'd want to be getting a genuine player for a first round pick, not just an athlete who might work out.

I think Dan Houston is a brilliant player. But is that a good use of our resources?

Have quite a few Half-back distributor types.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

If yesterday didn’t show the MC and Recruiting team, the need to play 2x legit KPDs. Then I don’t know what else would…

If Voss doesn’t like Young then get another KPD in, as a top priority… Thought Young was good yesterday and waxed well with Weitering…

Also, I’d rather trade Motlop than Owies…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back